News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

So I ordered the Deinonychus Trio from Anotoys last night. Cost me over $80, mainly because of international shipping. Now I'm just hoping it reaches me safely, after wanting these for how many years (I really regret holding off on these so long. Could have gotten them all back in 2016 or 2017 when BBTS still had them in stock). I'll have to catch up with the Tenontosaurus corpse later (still in stock many sites for the time being), and hopefully someday the Acrocanthosaurus (unless PNSO makes one, but there's also the slightly smaller, cheaper, and still decent Papo one).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

"Who wants a Saurophaganax" - REBOR Studios, 4/13/21

I do! I do!

Shonisaurus

Hopefully this year sauropaghanax will be marketed together with Rebor's smilodon.

By the way, does anyone know when Rebor's smilodon will be available to pre-order?

Carnoking

They sure got that one cast quick.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I just got my Nanmu Giganotosaurus from Lana. Thanks a lot for the reference.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SenSx

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 11, 2021, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: Wheezy82183 on February 10, 2021, 10:11:26 PM
Does rebor retire their figure? I'm having a hard time finding any of them for sale.

We don't retire our figures

Sorry to join this conversation late, but if Rebor does not retire figures, I would really like to know where I can get the Deinonychus trio and the Utahraptor.
I was not collecting dino figures at the time they got released, and now that I am interested in them they are no where to be found.

Thx

Carnoking

Darn, a utahraptor just ended on eBay. I think that's your best bet in general for those older figures.

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on April 19, 2021, 07:07:54 PM
Darn, a utahraptor just ended on eBay. I think that's your best bet in general for those older figures.

Yes thx, I'm watching Ebay from now on, but those are going to be hard to find, especially at a not too expensive price.

Carnoking

Patience is certainly a virtue. I got into REBOR fairly recently as well, but I've managed to track down a majority of their older figures through eBay over the past year or so. Usually paid around 45 or so dollars per figure, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing too terrible.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Rebor have discontinued the Titanoboa though
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

Shame. I really wanted the bendy Monty! I suppose Ebay it is.
An oversized house cat.

SenSx

Quote from: Lynx on April 19, 2021, 11:51:07 PM
Shame. I really wanted the bendy Monty! I suppose Ebay it is.

It will cost you a lot sadly.
Most of the Titanoboas on Ebay reaches between 130 and 250 dollars, with a record of 630 dollars that I have seen :/

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on April 19, 2021, 04:22:10 PM
Does rebor retire their figure? I'm having a hard time finding any of them for sale.

Sorry to join this conversation late, but if Rebor does not retire figures, I would really like to know where I can get the Deinonychus trio and the Utahraptor.
I was not collecting dino figures at the time they got released, and now that I am interested in them they are no where to be found.

Thx
I really feel like their statement of not retiring figures is 99% false. I've been in the same boat as you, been trying to track down Rebor figures that are not in stock on their usual distributors. Big bad toy store, Dan's, etc....
Looking for their Acrocanthosaurus, but I don't want to pay over $100.

Then again, if they have a reason to why they don't re-supply their distributors, but don't retire figures, I'd like to be informed about this decision.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on April 20, 2021, 01:44:39 AM
Quote from: SenSx on April 19, 2021, 04:22:10 PM

Thx
I really feel like their statement of not retiring figures is 99% false. I've been in the same boat as you, been trying to track down Rebor figures that are not in stock on their usual distributors. Big bad toy store, Dan's, etc....
Looking for their Acrocanthosaurus, but I don't want to pay over $100.

Then again, if they have a reason to why they don't re-supply their distributors, but don't retire figures, I'd like to be informed about this decision.

It's possible that those stores just don't want to stock those anymore favoring newer releases.

Bread

Very true avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon; however,  if that is the case, are there still figures such as the Acrocanthosaurus and Utahraptor being produced?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on April 20, 2021, 03:09:28 AM
Very true avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon; however,  if that is the case, are there still figures such as the Acrocanthosaurus and Utahraptor being produced?

If the option is there but no one is ordering them then it's doubtful. Technically as Rebor said they aren't discontinued but they might as well be if no one is ordering them.   The Acro along with the dead Tenatosaurus was some of the most heavily copied/knocked off pieces as well, that would further lead to stores not stocking them. 

Faelrin

Good point about it possibly being a retailer issue. Not something I considered before. I think that could possibly be the case especially with a retailer like BBTS but I'm not sure if that applies to retailers like Everything Dinosaur and Minizoo as well. At the very least I recall Everything Dinosaur restocking PNSO models in the past.

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur Perhaps you could please inform us of what is going on and why highly desired older Rebor models such as the Acrocanthosaurus are and have been no longer available for some time (at least that seemed to be the case last I checked there)?

Also if anyone still needs the Deinonychus trio they are still in stock at Anotoys for the meantime. It's where I got mine back in March. Hefty shipping (as I'm in the US) though but worth it for these guys. It arrived pretty quickly as well. Now if only I could locate the Acrocanthosaurus. I'm guessing I should pick up the Tenontosaurus corpse soon too while places still have it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Quote from: Faelrin on April 20, 2021, 03:25:42 AM
Good point about it possibly being a retailer issue. Not something I considered before. I think that could possibly be the case especially with a retailer like BBTS but I'm not sure if that applies to retailers like Everything Dinosaur and Minizoo as well. At the very least I recall Everything Dinosaur restocking PNSO models in the past.

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur Perhaps you could please inform us of what is going on and why highly desired older Rebor models such as the Acrocanthosaurus are and have been no longer available for some time (at least that seemed to be the case last I checked there)?

Also if anyone still needs the Deinonychus trio they are still in stock at Anotoys for the meantime. It's where I got mine back in March. Hefty shipping (as I'm in the US) though but worth it for these guys. It arrived pretty quickly as well. Now if only I could locate the Acrocanthosaurus. I'm guessing I should pick up the Tenontosaurus corpse soon too while places still have it.

Thank you Faelrin, I did not know that site, and Google did not bring me there in the search of the Deinonychus.
I'm still hesistant because the shipping costs are very high for my country, almost doubling the figures' s value !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: