News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 27, 2021, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 27, 2021, 01:24:42 PM
I'd prefer something in the 1/18-1/20 range, but it's so good-looking that i might have to get it even if it's far larger.
Looks like it'll be in 1/11 range according to their Facebook posts.
Thanks, avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus .

Gwangi

That's better. It's turning out to be a good year for Smilodon.

Thialfi

Quote from: Gwangi on May 27, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
Right? Can't wait for the Mojo and Papo smilodons as well!

In this case I think I would go for the mouth closed version - almost every rendition of smilodon has it mouth open (which I get, canines and all).

sauroid

ooohhh getting that "normally" painted Smilodon for sure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SenSx

Quote from: Thialfi on May 27, 2021, 03:17:28 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 27, 2021, 02:18:53 PM
Right? Can't wait for the Mojo and Papo smilodons as well!

In this case I think I would go for the mouth closed version - almost every rendition of smilodon has it mouth open (which I get, canines and all).

I think I'll choose the closed mouth version as well for the exact same reason, although the open mouth version looks very good from the front.
So I might buy it too, but I hope they'll make another color variation because I'm not sure I'll buy the green one hehe.

suspsy

It certainly is a good year for Smilodon. I think the Mojo Fun one will prove to be the best.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I figured Rebor would make another version of the smilodon using the paint colors we are familiar with or are familiar with as collectors. You can be sure Rebor that both versions of paint, the fantastic and the traditional I will buy. On the other hand I hope that Rebor will also release a white smilodon polar version or rather snow smilodon or a black panther version with black hair. I assume that three versions of smilodon will be marketed in different versions of paintings and that perhaps a special version will be sold on the bigbadtoystore as happened with the gorilla Z (aka King Kong, aka giganthopitecus).

I think that the comparisons in this case are odious from my humble point of view, the Mojo smilodon is as great as the Rebor smilodon, with the difference that in terms of quality it will be obviously higher than the Rebor one because it will be much more expensive, although Mojo's smilodon will be more palatable in the sense that it will not have a jointed jaw. Anyway, both are great and we are only viewing commercial images and like any prehistoric animal figure, in this case, as a dinosaur, the original is much better than the copy metaphorically speaking, it is better to see it physically than in photographs and videos by far. good that are the videos or the photos. We will not be disappointed by this Rebor smilodon or its different versions of paintings, I already know which German company I am going to order those figures from. I hope it will be for sale soon. I will prioritize other expenses in order to buy the smilodon in its different versions of paint I still have hopes that Rebor will release another version at least like other versions of smilodon such as Mojo.

Good job for the Rebor brand!

SidB

Agreed, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , Rebor is quite likely to produce several color versions, based on past performance, and that's a good thing.

SenSx

My only issue with Rebor making other color variants in the future, is that I have to wait before ordering because I want to see them all before deciding wich one I choose with open mouth and closed mouth :/
And hope the first version won't be sold out when it finally happens.

SidB

Quote from: SenSx on May 28, 2021, 02:30:22 PM
My only issue with Rebor making other color variants in the future, is that I have to wait before ordering because I want to see them all before deciding wich one I choose with open mouth and closed mouth :/
And hope the first version won't be sold out when it finally happens.
Good point!

blnadal

SenSx

Amazing, exactly the color scheme I was looking for ! OO
I'd love a black one now like a black panther.

But if that is all we get for now, I think I'll pick the Plain variant with open mouth and Ice Age close mouth.

Faelrin

I think I prefer this one the most. Reminds me of the snowy Sabre Cats in Skyrim too.

Edit: Reminds me of Snow Leopard too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Thialfi

Woooow. I am not sure which I would prefer, this one or the plain one.. leaning towards this version as it poses quite a unique colour scheme compared to the typical lion-esque colours we get. Beautiful!

Fenestra

I still can't even decide between open or closed mouth versions, and now on top of that, I will also have to choose between all of these pretty fur coats....

But I just...can't...even....

*faints*

SenSx

Quote from: Fenestra on June 01, 2021, 10:37:54 PM
I still can't even decide between open or closed mouth versions, and now on top of that, I will also have to choose between all of these pretty fur coats....

But I just...can't...even....

*faints*

Haha just get both !

As other members, I think the close mouth version is more interesting because Smilodon is depict most of the time with its mouth open.
So I'll pick my favorite color with mouth close (white) and the other with open mouth (plain).
Just pick the color you prefer with the head you prefer, unless you have other criterias, such as fitting with other Smilodon figures...

Shonisaurus

God! How cool that smilodon. It is the best of the three I will buy the three versions even if I have to take it off for other things. It is extremely attractive. Holy God! that beauty!

A fourth version of a black popular smilodon in the style of a saber-toothed panther would be interesting, a black smilodon populator would meet my expectations by far. It is the definitive smilodon populator of all brands. When I buy it I will photograph that figure with its itoy paraceratherium counterpart.

We are living in the golden age of prehistoric mammals, not just dinosaurs, when will there be an opportunity from Rebor or another company for prehistoric amphibians?

Getting to the point, this smilodon is a highly coveted figure for anyone who loves prehistoric toy mammals. Rebor, go ahead and make a paraceratherium even if it was articulated!

SenSx

Yes for me this is the ultimate Smilodon.
I've seen some people prefer the Mojo one, which I don't really understand, it looks reallly good, but I find the Rebor much more striking.
As for accuracy, I'm really not an expert so I can't tell.

I just hope the final product looks exactly like that quality wise, but so far all the Rebor figures did.

blnadal

Rebor told me that they're still figuring out if this will be two figures or one with 2 head sculpts

SenSx

Quote from: blnadal on June 02, 2021, 08:01:21 PM
Rebor told me that they're still figuring out if this will be two figures or one with 2 head sculpts

Interesting...
That would be cool to have the two heads, although I'm worried about the seam.
But I think I've noticed some on the side of the figure, so if there is a seam anyway, I'd rather have the heads options...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: