News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Oooookay!  So, my thoughts:
1) The GINO color scheme looks a LOT better here than it did in its first look image.  For one, the inside of the mouth on that one looked, to my poor color blind eyes, radioactive green rather than red, making it look incredibly unnatural.  I don't think the colors are all that natural to begin with, but at least now it looks really cool.
2) I think the green iguana is a very nice color scheme to go with on this.  It looks pretty natural too.  Probably helped along by being the same colorations as a real animal.
3) Smaug...this one is really nice with the contrasting reds and blacks, not a bad choice at all!

All in all, while disappointed that none of the color ways are based on Jurassic Punk or Big Al, I think these are all very solid and each appeal to me in different ways.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on September 06, 2021, 03:49:40 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 06, 2021, 02:21:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 06, 2021, 01:03:34 AM
It's Saurophaganax and not Allosaurus, which means they can make it look just like Jurassic Punk but not give it the same color scheme. A Jurassic Punk paintjob would have been hard for me to refuse, but since they didn't do it I'm not nearly as tempted by this figure. Not a great marketing technique. Big Al paint schemes would especially have sold well, I imagine.

Sometimes I'd swear Rebor does the opposite of things just to do them. Part of their "badboy" persona.. ;)

It certainly seems that way. But to me it just looks like they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Agreed lol

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Over9K on September 05, 2021, 09:30:00 PM
"REBOR 1:35 Saurophaganax maximus "Big Biggie" badlands, jungle and volcanic cavern! Yeah yeah Big Al and Jurassic Punk are cool but this notorious beast, my friends, is not an Allosaurus fragilis  ;) " - Rebor, On Facebook

Yes, they are right

It's Allosaurus maximus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

Just got an email from BBTS. Looks like the retrosaurs are coming in stock soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on September 10, 2021, 05:52:35 PM
Just got an email from BBTS. Looks like the retrosaurs are coming in stock soon.

Mine were charged today so shipping today/tomorrow. Finally. lol

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on September 10, 2021, 05:52:35 PM

Not just that, but the Monty maquettes are in and restocks on the Woodland and Mountain colorways of the Stegosaurus, both colors of Vanilla Ice, and two of the 1/18th scale raptors, Sweeny (Tiger Stripes) and Winston (Brown).

Carnoking

Boy howdy, Big Bad Toy Store did not waste any time getting this to me after I got charged. I am absolutely delighted by this model! Even with a bit of a wonky jaw hinge and the lack of saturated purple, I still love it. Can't wait for their other retrosaurs after finally getting this one!

Fenestra

Congrats! It sure is a very nice figure. I like all the wrinkles and details.
The color sure is different/more muted compared to the box art.
Some people will be dissapointed about that.
Hopefully, the beautiful presence of the sculpt will ease that pain a bit.

Bread

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking lovely pickup and hopefully I'll order one soon, but something is holding me back. Saw some youtube reviews on this one and the jaw has issues closing back up or staying closed. If I were to pickup this one I'd keep it closed as depicted in Knight's famous artwork. How well does yours stay shut or if it even stays shut?

Carnoking

Quote from: Bread on September 16, 2021, 08:30:42 PM
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking lovely pickup and hopefully I'll order one soon, but something is holding me back. Saw some youtube reviews on this one and the jaw has issues closing back up or staying closed. If I were to pickup this one I'd keep it closed as depicted in Knight's famous artwork. How well does yours stay shut or if it even stays shut?

It's actually a bit floppy. Gotta really push it closed for it to stay but even then it might be dislodged. It also doesn't stay open all the way on mine so bit of a misfire on both ends of the spectrum.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on September 16, 2021, 08:58:59 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 16, 2021, 08:30:42 PM

It's actually a bit floppy. Gotta really push it closed for it to stay but even then it might be dislodged. It also doesn't stay open all the way on mine so bit of a misfire on both ends of the spectrum.
Thanks for the heads up. Probably still gonna pick this one up then.

Carnoking

Apparently REBOR just reached its seventh anniversary, so here's a little appreciation image.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking That's quite the assortment. I only ever got around to getting four, so far (Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus, Deinonychus, Titanoboa). Really looking forward to the new Tyrannosaurus still.

Edit: Still want the woodland Stegosaurus to pair with the Ceratosaurus, and at the very least the Tenontosaurus for the Deinonychus pair (and the Acrocanthosaurus if I ever get lucky with finding one and able to afford it).

Focusing on the positives here, I gotta say I really do love their presentation on their boxes. I also miss the diorama sets. The Acrocanthosaurus diorama, for example is something I wish more companies did. I know PNSO has a few (notably the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus one), but short of statues and model kits this sort of dynamic scenes built together from multiple figures are rare. I also really love their base designs. I wish they would do more, but I know they are expensive to produce. The Ceratosaurus one is still one of the best I think any company has made. Their Dilophosaurus pair has other good ones too (and also a good example of the diorama aspect I was getting at), etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

It is a wonderful assortment. I love what rebor have done recently with their retrosaurs and soon to be finished Tyrannosaurus. Their Carnotaurus rex is still something I need to get a hold of.

Like avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin stated, I too miss their diorama sets. I wonder why Rebor won't do more. Especially if it means customers have to buy each piece to complete the diorama. Seems like a win win scenario for both customers and the company, to me at least.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on September 19, 2021, 02:03:59 PM
It is a wonderful assortment. I love what rebor have done recently with their retrosaurs and soon to be finished Tyrannosaurus. Their Carnotaurus rex is still something I need to get a hold of.

Like avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin stated, I too miss their diorama sets. I wonder why Rebor won't do more. Especially if it means customers have to buy each piece to complete the diorama. Seems like a win win scenario for both customers and the company, to me at least.

Minizoo had the Carnotaurus on sale recently.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 19, 2021, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 19, 2021, 02:03:59 PM

Minizoo had the Carnotaurus on sale recently.
Just checked and seems the Carno rex is removed from their site, but other Rebor figures from them are on sale!

Carnoking

Darn it! I forgot to put my titanoboa in there. All that effort and one still slipped through the cracks.

Over9K

REBOR nailed this one... just beautiful!

SidB

I think so too. It may not be a retro feature, but I like that they didn't pronate the arms.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on September 20, 2021, 01:35:23 AM
I think so too. It may not be a retro feature, but I like that they didn't pronate the arms.
Just took a quick glance at Knight's Tyrannosaurus painting, and the arms are not pronated. Rebor did this figure perfectly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: