News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 03:08:30 AM
My Online Toy Store, Aliexpress sells some of the newer Rebor products. Although at a pretty high price, about $70 with their original box. Unless that is of course the original price Rebor list them at.

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 02:35:48 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on October 16, 2021, 12:50:16 AM
Lana Time sells a few  Rebor models on Amazon and ebay at relatively high prices.....which made me wonder why Lana Time does not offer Rebor on its own website?
REBOR are weirdly strict about who they "let" sell their products. Not long ago they cut Minizoo off for failing to meet minimum numbers of sales.

They are presumably selling them "new but second hand" through ebay and amazon, after purchasing them retail from somewhere else.
I wonder why they do this? It makes customers like myself harder to acquire these.

To become an official REBOR Seller one must reach our MOQ(minimum order quantity)s, if fact all companies have their MOQs and such rule is for protecting those qualified sellers and we manufacturers. Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months.
Gonna have to call nonsense on that second part.

"If anyone could order at wholesale prices we'd run out of money because everyone would order wholesale prices!" shouldn't actually have an impact on your bottom line. You, REBOR, are selling at wholesale prices anyway, not retail prices. If consumers could order direct at wholesale prices then you'd cut out the middleman and continue to sell at the same prices.

There would be a small impact most likely, because the retailers would have done a share of the marketing, and because a retail environment lets people combine orders of products from different manufacturers to get more value for shipping, meaning more purchasing power. But the only way that scenario would have a huge impact would be if you were specifically relying on retailers ordering more than you actually expect them to sell...

And as for the first part, while minimum order quantities are not by any means rare, they are definitely not something that all companies do. You can walk into a toy store that ordered 100 of a given Safari figure and walk into a small museum giftshop that only ordered two and they will be the same price. There are other ways such as business ID's to make it hard for people to order at wholesale prices, which has the other advantage of discouraging scalpers from grabbing the MOQ at wholesale and undercutting retail on ebay or amazon.

You can also sell through dedicated wholesalers, allowing people to meet their MOQ by combining their order with other products which makes it more accessible for small businesses.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 06:04:23 PM
My Online Toy Store, Aliexpress sells some of the newer Rebor products. Although at a pretty high price, about $70 with their original box. Unless that is of course the original price Rebor list them at.

Lana Time sells a few  Rebor models on Amazon and ebay at relatively high prices.....which made me wonder why Lana Time does not offer Rebor on its own website?
REBOR are weirdly strict about who they "let" sell their products. Not long ago they cut Minizoo off for failing to meet minimum numbers of sales.

They are presumably selling them "new but second hand" through ebay and amazon, after purchasing them retail from somewhere else.
I wonder why they do this? It makes customers like myself harder to acquire these.

To become an official REBOR Seller one must reach our MOQ(minimum order quantity)s, if fact all companies have their MOQs and such rule is for protecting those qualified sellers and we manufacturers. Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months.

"If anyone could order at wholesale prices we'd run out of money because everyone would order wholesale prices!" shouldn't actually have an impact on your bottom line. You, REBOR, are selling at wholesale prices anyway, not retail prices. If consumers could order direct at wholesale prices then you'd cut out the middleman and continue to sell at the same prices.

There would be a small impact most likely, because the retailers would have done a share of the marketing, and because a retail environment lets people combine orders of products from different manufacturers to get more value for shipping, meaning more purchasing power. But the only way that scenario would have a huge impact would be if you were specifically relying on retailers ordering more than you actually expect them to sell...

And as for the first part, while minimum order quantities are not by any means rare, they are definitely not something that all companies do. You can walk into a toy store that ordered 100 of a given Safari figure and walk into a small museum giftshop that only ordered two and they will be the same price. There are other ways such as business ID's to make it hard for people to order at wholesale prices, which has the other advantage of discouraging scalpers from grabbing the MOQ at wholesale and undercutting retail on ebay or amazon.

You can also sell through dedicated wholesalers, allowing people to meet their MOQ by combining their order with other products which makes it more accessible for small businesses.

Here we go. We answered Bread's questions truthfully and politely yet being called "nonsense" by you. Did we mention anything about wholesale prices at all? No? Cus it's all about quantities than prices. It's either we are trying our best to take care of our sellers and to keep the brand alive or we're deliberately making it hard for sellers to order our products for some unknown reasons. Which one Stargatedalek? Love to see you distribute 5000+ copies per figure using business models you suggested.

Apologise if we offended you but seriously Stargatedalek, every time, every single time, you have to say something like that. Next time instead of judging anything we said perhaps think about maybe these REBOR guys had their own reasons? Unless you think we are so dumb that we couldn't possibly see those obvious solutions you saw.

Sorry for the heated discussion guys but being one of the few manufacturers that still interact with people on this forum these kinds of replies really make us feel that we are not welcome here. Should we leave for good?

Bread

And I do appreciate the reply avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO so thank you.

Going to go away from that topic/discussion as I thought the response from you was valid and made sense (in my eyes at least).

If I may ask, do you know of any sellers/stores that have the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus or is there a way for me to purchase it directly from you?
Not only me, but others have been trying to track down that beauty for a while now.

dragon53

I ordered my Rebor Retro Mesozoic from Bigbadtoystore.

I hope Rebor continues the Retro series with a Retro Brontosaurus. :)

stargatedalek

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 08:22:15 PM

Here we go. We answered Bread's questions truthfully and politely yet being called "nonsense" by you. Did we mention anything about wholesale prices at all? No? Cus it's all about quantities than prices. It's either we are trying our best to take care of our sellers and to keep the brand alive or we're deliberately making it hard for sellers to order our products for some unknown reasons. Which one Stargatedalek? Love to see you distribute 5000+ copies per figure using business models you suggested.

Apologise if we offended you but seriously Stargatedalek, every time, every single time, you have to say something like that. Next time instead of judging anything we said perhaps think about maybe these REBOR guys had their own reasons? Unless you think we are so dumb that we couldn't possibly see those obvious solutions you saw.

Sorry for the heated discussion guys but being one of the few manufacturers that still interact with people on this forum these kinds of replies really make us feel that we are not welcome here. Should we leave for good?
I didn't bring up anything that you didn't.

"Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months." - Is pretty clearly talking about wholesale prices.

I'm saying that statement was nonsense because you made a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements. Just because something is true for your brand doesn't mean "in fact all companies" do it that same way.

If companies can't meet your MOQ and yet they can meet MOQ for far larger companies that would indicate that your requirements are abnormally stringent. How you want to balance that is your business, when I called your statement nonsense I meant that very genuinely as you were making clearly untrue statements on behalf of other companies, other companies that your representative(s) have come here and insulted on numerous occasions before, let me remind you.

paintingdinos

Sorry to barge in but I did want to say something here. "You can walk into a toy store that ordered 100 of a given Safari figure and walk into a small museum giftshop that only ordered two and they will be the same price" is a misleading statement. I've been on both ends here having managed inventories at two separate stores and worked as an account manager for a manufacture who did a lot of wholesale business. Many manufactures enforce minimum advertised pricing on goods specifically to try and prevent massive undercutting, so the same item can be the same price at a mega chain and a smaller shop because the manufacturer requires it.

Its also important to keep in mind that many companies have minimum dollar amounts for orders (vs volume or unit), and often there are tiers. You may have a "low end" pricing tier where the minium order volume is smaller but the price of each item by unit is significantly higher, vs "high tier" bulk ordering where there are large price cuts for spending more up front. So just as often as there is fixed pricing, there ISN'T, which is why you see Mom and Pops typically selling their goods for more than larger chains.

There's a ton of community equity in selling through Mom and Pop stores. This is strictly personal, but I don't agree with the model of "just sell your stuff direct at wholesale costs". I'd much rather a small, independently owned business have a chance to exist and profit.

stargatedalek

Quote from: paintingdinos on October 16, 2021, 11:05:58 PM

Sorry to barge in but I did want to say something here. "You can walk into a toy store that ordered 100 of a given Safari figure and walk into a small museum giftshop that only ordered two and they will be the same price" is a misleading statement. I've been on both ends here having managed inventories at two separate stores and worked as an account manager for a manufacture who did a lot of wholesale business. Many manufactures enforce minimum advertised pricing on goods specifically to try and prevent massive undercutting, so the same item can be the same price at a mega chain and a smaller shop because the manufacturer requires it.

Its also important to keep in mind that many companies have minimum dollar amounts for orders (vs volume or unit), and often there are tiers. You may have a "low end" pricing tier where the minium order volume is smaller but the price of each item by unit is significantly higher, vs "high tier" bulk ordering where there are large price cuts for spending more up front. So just as often as there is fixed pricing, there ISN'T, which is why you see Mom and Pops typically selling their goods for more than larger chains.

There's a ton of community equity in selling through Mom and Pop stores. This is strictly personal, but I don't agree with the model of "just sell your stuff direct at wholesale costs". I'd much rather a small, independently owned business have a chance to exist and profit.
Oh I agree entirely with this. I wasn't disagreeing that it was a good thing to do, rather with REBOR's absolutist claims that it's the only way things are ever done and that it would be impossible to produce products without using those methods.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 10:43:31 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 08:22:15 PM

I didn't bring up anything that you didn't.

"Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months." - Is pretty clearly talking about wholesale prices.

I'm saying that statement was nonsense because you made a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements. Just because something is true for your brand doesn't mean "in fact all companies" do it that same way.

If companies can't meet your MOQ and yet they can meet MOQ for far larger companies that would indicate that your requirements are abnormally stringent. How you want to balance that is your business, when I called your statement nonsense I meant that very genuinely as you were making clearly untrue statements on behalf of other companies, other companies that your representative(s) have come here and insulted on numerous occasions before, let me remind you.

No we didn't say anything about prices, do ask other forum memebers and see what they make of it. We simply said we manufacturers have our MOQs for qualified sellers and explained without it nobody would want to stock products anymore. Are you a manufacturer or having a sales/marketing related job? You think those are "a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements" because you have no idea of what you are talking about. From material suppliers to factories to freight forwarders to distributors to wholesalers if there's one rule in common it's everyone has their MOQs, try to dsprove that. You know that we are also manufacturing products for other brands right? Can't say who they are but you definitely have their figures in your collections. We even distribute and ship their products for them sometimes and guess what-all of them have their MOQs.

And you could have joined the conversation with something nicer rather than "gonna have to call nonsense on that second part. "Have to"? Who forced you? "Nonsense"? It's that how you talk to people you don't agree with outside the forum too? Cus that makes you sound like an absolutist. "Only a sith deals in absolutes! I will do what i must!" Yeah. That.

Ivántirrophus

Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 08:34:49 PM

If I may ask, do you know of any sellers/stores that have the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus or is there a way for me to purchase it directly from you?
Not only me, but others have been trying to track down that beauty for a while now.

That's a good question, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO we want Acrocanthosaurus and Utharaptor on the market again please!   :)

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on October 18, 2021, 05:02:31 AM
Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 08:34:49 PM

That's a good question, avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO we want Acrocanthosaurus and Utharaptor on the market again please!   :)

I'd do anything to be able to grab that deinonychus clan at a reasonable price. Can't believe I missed them.  :'(

dragon53

My Retro Mesozoic Rhapsody arrived today, and I am very happy with it.
As I suggested before, I hope Rebor releases a Retro Brontosaurus to go with it.

Lynx

I'm so flipping angry
I had a dream about this one thrift store I went to, in in the corner was this dark room with a bunch of toy figures
In real life, I used to go there to find dinosaur toys and such
In this dream, at the very corner of my eye- I spotted a REBOR acrocanthosaurus. Its jaw wasn't too good, but I could fix that. But then the second I made it over to the cashier- the dream ended.
An oversized house cat.

dragon53

My Rebor Acrocanthosaurus has a recent problem of tipping over. Using a hair dryer on my Papo dinosaurs works, but has anyone tried a hair dryer to heat up a Rebor---I don't want to damage it.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Lynx @Lynx I had so many dreams like that...

Over9K

Still diggin' on the Carnotaurus rex...

Bread

Figured I should add this here, I mentioned it to Rebor on the Smilodon thread, discussing the issues with the facial scales. Rebor replied with this:

Well done Rebor!

The Prehistoric Traveler

Any idea when we will get a sneak peek at your gigantopithecus REBOR?

SenSx

Don't forget the Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus are still waiting for their turn too   :'(

Fembrogon

I wouldn't mind more info on the next GnG figures myself.

Over9K

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 09, 2021, 06:59:59 PM
I wouldn't mind more info on the next GnG figures myself.

Lonesome George the Pinta Island Galapagos Tortoise was supposed to be #06 and the Gator is supposed to be #07, but George was also supposed to be out last year... soooo...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: