News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2021, 03:31:30 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 20, 2021, 01:35:23 AM
I think so too. It may not be a retro feature, but I like that they didn't pronate the arms.
Just took a quick glance at Knight's Tyrannosaurus painting, and the arms are not pronated. Rebor did this figure perfectly.
Thanks for checking, avatar_Bread @Bread , I was wondering about that, but hadn't gone any further than that.

Lynx

Would now be a good time to buy some older REBOR figures (Acro, utahraptors, etc) considering their prices are increasing and the production rate is slower?
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx If you can find them available after all this time I'd love to know. Well least as far as the Acrocanthosaurus goes. But yes if you can find them still and afford them, get them if you truly want them. I have no regrets getting the ones I liked when I saw them offered for sale. Ngl I did use some of the stimulus check to get my hands on the Deinonychus clan when I saw them offered at Anotoys back in March. Cost me like $80 I think. Almost thought I missed out on those for good until I did some digging and found them available there. Got the Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus when V @Victoria's Cantina offered them up for sale last year and so glad to have both after having them on my wishlist for years.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on September 21, 2021, 12:24:55 AM
Would now be a good time to buy some older REBOR figures (Acro, utahraptors, etc) considering their prices are increasing and the production rate is slower?
Minizoo has a sale on quite a lot of their Rebor stock. The only downside is shipping outside of Australia but I just purchased a haul from them so I think its worth it in the end. Even cheaper than most of the U.S. distributors.

dragon53

When I was very young, I got two sets of Marx dinosaurs which included the Tyrannosaurus "V.2" which was grey. The Rebor Retro's grey paint scheme and sculpt make it resemble the Marx Tyrannosaurus, so I might get the Rebor .

My Marx collection also included a green Brontosaurus, so I would like Rebor to release a retro Brontosaurus, too.

One of the Marx sets was about 10 dinosaurs on a cardboard blister pack for $1.00-----I've seen them sell way over $100.00 on ebay. My other set was a cardboard box which included a lot more dinosaurs including the fat Tyrannosaurus "V.1".

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Over9K on September 19, 2021, 11:42:16 PM
REBOR nailed this one... just beautiful!

I love the retro look, minus the trademark "angry dino" look. It's not necessary.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Duck

I'm certainly going to get that Saurophaganx.
He who dwells in pond

Over9K

Meanwhile... on Facebook...

QuoteSomething we've been working on for quite a while. We thought that it would be helpful to study Alligator mississippiensis thoroughly first before making an accurate Deinosuchus since it belongs to the Alligatoroidea superfamily so this is the result-meet REBOR GNG07 "Bizkit" the American alligator!

Interesting... So Bizkit is GNG07...

I think we can say that Bizkit might be the newest GNG figure, but maybe it won't be the next GNG figure... this guy might finally get a release!

Yeah, I know he's not the most exciting thing to have a figure of, but I followed George's story for over 30 years, from my childhood in the 1970's when I saw him on a TV documentary, until his death in 2012. I was deeply saddened by his passing, and I have eagerly awaited the GNG since last summer, when the figure was apparently in production, for '20/Q4 release, which I'm pretty sure never actually happened.

Here's hoping he gets to roam again soon.

Bread

I am excited for this and it may be as large if not bigger than their GNG Komodo Dragon. Been looking for a large scale Alligator figure; however I have one issue with this, hopefully it will be fixed.

-Over textured head, and possibly the body. Seems to be more of the style Rebor does anyways (apparent on their dinos).

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the information, a turtle painted by Rebor is an interesting project for me George was a very dear animal and his loss hurt me, on the other hand that crocodile projected by Rebor and that they name a deinosuchus ... I think it bodes well Even news over time will make a deinosuchus and sarcosuchus, I sincerely have to faith that they will be the best figures of their species respectively, since the current deinosuchus and sarcosuchus that exist or have existed (discontinued) in the market do not convince me and do not fill me emotionally as a collector. I'm not convinced, we need a deinosuchus and sarcosuchus that better represent that species, by Rebor.

dragon53

I wonder if Rebor changed the Mesozoic Rhapsody's blue paint scheme to grey because it was too close to the blue Tyrannosaurus in THE  VALLEY OF THE GWANGI which might have led to a copyright problem.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: dragon53 on October 14, 2021, 02:56:35 PM
I wonder if Rebor changed the Mesozoic Rhapsody's blue paint scheme to grey because it was too close to the blue Tyrannosaurus in THE  VALLEY OF THE GWANGI which might have led to a copyright problem.
You can't copyright the design of a real dinosaur
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

Referring to a fictional character based on outdated reconstructions as a "real dinosaur" might be a stretch, but I digress. Didn't Nanmu or W-Dragon do a "Gwangi" color scheme for an Allosaurus?
I think if Rebor were concerned about copyright, they wouldn't have done a V-Rex and a Disney Carnotaurus already. The Mesozoic Rhapsody Rex has plenty of sculptural details to differentiate it from Harryhausen's model.

GojiraGuy1954

Gwangi is an Allosaurus. His design cannot be copyrighted.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

Quote from: Fembrogon on October 14, 2021, 06:33:08 PM
The Mesozoic Rhapsody Rex has plenty of sculptural details to differentiate it from Harryhausen's model.

Mostly because that sculpt isn't actually referencing Gwangi, it's referencing Charles R. Knight's first Tyrannosaurus.

dragon53

Lana Time sells a few  Rebor models on Amazon and ebay at relatively high prices.....which made me wonder why Lana Time does not offer Rebor on its own website?

stargatedalek

Quote from: dragon53 on October 16, 2021, 12:50:16 AM
Lana Time sells a few  Rebor models on Amazon and ebay at relatively high prices.....which made me wonder why Lana Time does not offer Rebor on its own website?
REBOR are weirdly strict about who they "let" sell their products. Not long ago they cut Minizoo off for failing to meet minimum numbers of sales.

They are presumably selling them "new but second hand" through ebay and amazon, after purchasing them retail from somewhere else.

Bread

My Online Toy Store, Aliexpress sells some of the newer Rebor products. Although at a pretty high price, about $70 with their original box. Unless that is of course the original price Rebor list them at.

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 02:35:48 AM
REBOR are weirdly strict about who they "let" sell their products. Not long ago they cut Minizoo off for failing to meet minimum numbers of sales.

They are presumably selling them "new but second hand" through ebay and amazon, after purchasing them retail from somewhere else.
I wonder why they do this? It makes customers like myself harder to acquire these.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 03:08:30 AM
I wonder why they do this? It makes customers like myself harder to acquire these.

Presumably because limiting the opportunities to buy REBOR's stuff drives up the demand for it and gives it the appearance of exclusivity. High-end fashion lines do this stuff all the time. Make something hard to get, and people will jump to buy it when it's available (if you wait, you may not be able to get it!) and owning it becomes a status symbol, because it's rare.

The clout that comes with being an exclusive brand is also very useful if you want to put pressure on sellers; like if, say, you want a seller to blacklist another toy company for you.
Check out my customs thread!

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 03:08:30 AM
My Online Toy Store, Aliexpress sells some of the newer Rebor products. Although at a pretty high price, about $70 with their original box. Unless that is of course the original price Rebor list them at.

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 02:35:48 AM

To become an official REBOR Seller one must reach our MOQ(minimum order quantity)s, if fact all companies have their MOQs and such rule is for protecting those qualified sellers and we manufacturers. Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: