News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on November 09, 2021, 11:46:55 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on November 09, 2021, 06:59:59 PM
I wouldn't mind more info on the next GnG figures myself.

Lonesome George the Pinta Island Galapagos Tortoise was supposed to be #06 and the Gator is supposed to be #07, but George was also supposed to be out last year... soooo...

That's a shame. Well can't say I didn't see that coming, Rebor pick and choose to what they put to the side and what actually becomes a release.

Faelrin

Oh dear I hope it isn't canceled. I was looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure CollectA made one, but still, this one looked so nice.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 17, 2021, 06:44:50 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 10:43:31 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 08:22:15 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 06:04:23 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 03:08:30 AM
My Online Toy Store, Aliexpress sells some of the newer Rebor products. Although at a pretty high price, about $70 with their original box. Unless that is of course the original price Rebor list them at.

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 02:35:48 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on October 16, 2021, 12:50:16 AM
Lana Time sells a few  Rebor models on Amazon and ebay at relatively high prices.....which made me wonder why Lana Time does not offer Rebor on its own website?
REBOR are weirdly strict about who they "let" sell their products. Not long ago they cut Minizoo off for failing to meet minimum numbers of sales.

They are presumably selling them "new but second hand" through ebay and amazon, after purchasing them retail from somewhere else.
I wonder why they do this? It makes customers like myself harder to acquire these.

To become an official REBOR Seller one must reach our MOQ(minimum order quantity)s, if fact all companies have their MOQs and such rule is for protecting those qualified sellers and we manufacturers. Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months.
Gonna have to call nonsense on that second part.

"If anyone could order at wholesale prices we'd run out of money because everyone would order wholesale prices!" shouldn't actually have an impact on your bottom line. You, REBOR, are selling at wholesale prices anyway, not retail prices. If consumers could order direct at wholesale prices then you'd cut out the middleman and continue to sell at the same prices.

There would be a small impact most likely, because the retailers would have done a share of the marketing, and because a retail environment lets people combine orders of products from different manufacturers to get more value for shipping, meaning more purchasing power. But the only way that scenario would have a huge impact would be if you were specifically relying on retailers ordering more than you actually expect them to sell...

And as for the first part, while minimum order quantities are not by any means rare, they are definitely not something that all companies do. You can walk into a toy store that ordered 100 of a given Safari figure and walk into a small museum giftshop that only ordered two and they will be the same price. There are other ways such as business ID's to make it hard for people to order at wholesale prices, which has the other advantage of discouraging scalpers from grabbing the MOQ at wholesale and undercutting retail on ebay or amazon.

You can also sell through dedicated wholesalers, allowing people to meet their MOQ by combining their order with other products which makes it more accessible for small businesses.

Here we go. We answered Bread's questions truthfully and politely yet being called "nonsense" by you. Did we mention anything about wholesale prices at all? No? Cus it's all about quantities than prices. It's either we are trying our best to take care of our sellers and to keep the brand alive or we're deliberately making it hard for sellers to order our products for some unknown reasons. Which one Stargatedalek? Love to see you distribute 5000+ copies per figure using business models you suggested.

Apologise if we offended you but seriously Stargatedalek, every time, every single time, you have to say something like that. Next time instead of judging anything we said perhaps think about maybe these REBOR guys had their own reasons? Unless you think we are so dumb that we couldn't possibly see those obvious solutions you saw.

Sorry for the heated discussion guys but being one of the few manufacturers that still interact with people on this forum these kinds of replies really make us feel that we are not welcome here. Should we leave for good?
I didn't bring up anything that you didn't.

"Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months." - Is pretty clearly talking about wholesale prices.

I'm saying that statement was nonsense because you made a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements. Just because something is true for your brand doesn't mean "in fact all companies" do it that same way.

If companies can't meet your MOQ and yet they can meet MOQ for far larger companies that would indicate that your requirements are abnormally stringent. How you want to balance that is your business, when I called your statement nonsense I meant that very genuinely as you were making clearly untrue statements on behalf of other companies, other companies that your representative(s) have come here and insulted on numerous occasions before, let me remind you.

No we didn't say anything about prices, do ask other forum memebers and see what they make of it. We simply said we manufacturers have our MOQs for qualified sellers and explained without it nobody would want to stock products anymore. Are you a manufacturer or having a sales/marketing related job? You think those are "a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements" because you have no idea of what you are talking about. From material suppliers to factories to freight forwarders to distributors to wholesalers if there's one rule in common it's everyone has their MOQs, try to dsprove that. You know that we are also manufacturing products for other brands right? Can't say who they are but you definitely have their figures in your collections. We even distribute and ship their products for them sometimes and guess what-all of them have their MOQs.

And you could have joined the conversation with something nicer rather than "gonna have to call nonsense on that second part. "Have to"? Who forced you? "Nonsense"? It's that how you talk to people you don't agree with outside the forum too? Cus that makes you sound like an absolutist. "Only a sith deals in absolutes! I will do what i must!" Yeah. That.

Maybe you should start to ignore certain questions and comments REBOR and just provide answers and comments about the things you would really like to say something about (future projects, design choices etc). It saves energy and time.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on November 11, 2021, 11:00:51 AM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 17, 2021, 06:44:50 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 10:43:31 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 08:22:15 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 06:04:23 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on October 16, 2021, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 16, 2021, 03:08:30 AM
My Online Toy Store, Aliexpress sells some of the newer Rebor products. Although at a pretty high price, about $70 with their original box. Unless that is of course the original price Rebor list them at.

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 16, 2021, 02:35:48 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on October 16, 2021, 12:50:16 AM
Lana Time sells a few  Rebor models on Amazon and ebay at relatively high prices.....which made me wonder why Lana Time does not offer Rebor on its own website?
REBOR are weirdly strict about who they "let" sell their products. Not long ago they cut Minizoo off for failing to meet minimum numbers of sales.

They are presumably selling them "new but second hand" through ebay and amazon, after purchasing them retail from somewhere else.
I wonder why they do this? It makes customers like myself harder to acquire these.

To become an official REBOR Seller one must reach our MOQ(minimum order quantity)s, if fact all companies have their MOQs and such rule is for protecting those qualified sellers and we manufacturers. Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months.
Gonna have to call nonsense on that second part.

"If anyone could order at wholesale prices we'd run out of money because everyone would order wholesale prices!" shouldn't actually have an impact on your bottom line. You, REBOR, are selling at wholesale prices anyway, not retail prices. If consumers could order direct at wholesale prices then you'd cut out the middleman and continue to sell at the same prices.

There would be a small impact most likely, because the retailers would have done a share of the marketing, and because a retail environment lets people combine orders of products from different manufacturers to get more value for shipping, meaning more purchasing power. But the only way that scenario would have a huge impact would be if you were specifically relying on retailers ordering more than you actually expect them to sell...

And as for the first part, while minimum order quantities are not by any means rare, they are definitely not something that all companies do. You can walk into a toy store that ordered 100 of a given Safari figure and walk into a small museum giftshop that only ordered two and they will be the same price. There are other ways such as business ID's to make it hard for people to order at wholesale prices, which has the other advantage of discouraging scalpers from grabbing the MOQ at wholesale and undercutting retail on ebay or amazon.

You can also sell through dedicated wholesalers, allowing people to meet their MOQ by combining their order with other products which makes it more accessible for small businesses.

Here we go. We answered Bread's questions truthfully and politely yet being called "nonsense" by you. Did we mention anything about wholesale prices at all? No? Cus it's all about quantities than prices. It's either we are trying our best to take care of our sellers and to keep the brand alive or we're deliberately making it hard for sellers to order our products for some unknown reasons. Which one Stargatedalek? Love to see you distribute 5000+ copies per figure using business models you suggested.

Apologise if we offended you but seriously Stargatedalek, every time, every single time, you have to say something like that. Next time instead of judging anything we said perhaps think about maybe these REBOR guys had their own reasons? Unless you think we are so dumb that we couldn't possibly see those obvious solutions you saw.

Sorry for the heated discussion guys but being one of the few manufacturers that still interact with people on this forum these kinds of replies really make us feel that we are not welcome here. Should we leave for good?
I didn't bring up anything that you didn't.

"Cus think about it-if anyone is able to get wholesale deals of any quantities then they'd always choose the lowest quantities every time and nobody would actually want to stock products anymore, we would no longer have any working capital to run the company and would close down in less than 6 months." - Is pretty clearly talking about wholesale prices.

I'm saying that statement was nonsense because you made a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements. Just because something is true for your brand doesn't mean "in fact all companies" do it that same way.

If companies can't meet your MOQ and yet they can meet MOQ for far larger companies that would indicate that your requirements are abnormally stringent. How you want to balance that is your business, when I called your statement nonsense I meant that very genuinely as you were making clearly untrue statements on behalf of other companies, other companies that your representative(s) have come here and insulted on numerous occasions before, let me remind you.

No we didn't say anything about prices, do ask other forum memebers and see what they make of it. We simply said we manufacturers have our MOQs for qualified sellers and explained without it nobody would want to stock products anymore. Are you a manufacturer or having a sales/marketing related job? You think those are "a bunch of easily disproven claims and ultimatum statements" because you have no idea of what you are talking about. From material suppliers to factories to freight forwarders to distributors to wholesalers if there's one rule in common it's everyone has their MOQs, try to dsprove that. You know that we are also manufacturing products for other brands right? Can't say who they are but you definitely have their figures in your collections. We even distribute and ship their products for them sometimes and guess what-all of them have their MOQs.

And you could have joined the conversation with something nicer rather than "gonna have to call nonsense on that second part. "Have to"? Who forced you? "Nonsense"? It's that how you talk to people you don't agree with outside the forum too? Cus that makes you sound like an absolutist. "Only a sith deals in absolutes! I will do what i must!" Yeah. That.

Maybe you should start to ignore certain questions and comments REBOR and just provide answers and comments about the things you would really like to say something about (future projects, design choices etc). It saves energy and time.
Jesus that's a lot of quotes....

But yeah lmao i'm sick and tired of the Rebor dogpiling on this forum. They're one of the only companies that is actually active here, and we should appreciate that. They don't have to do it.

You don't like their products. Get over it instead of being aggressive to some PR dude that has no say in what the figures end up looking like and is only doing his job
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote the other day in a different thread:

I honestly can't help but chuckle at the accusation that Rebor is singled out for more criticism than any other company. People here criticize the products of all the companies all the time. PNSO gets criticized for things like the scales on Wilson's head and the tail on Jeff the Kronosaurus and their pricing. CollectA gets criticized for the fuzzy patches on their Paraceratherium and the fact that they've made yet another Pteranodon and Spinosaurus. Safari gets criticized for releasing only three toys this year, all theropods, one of them undersized and shrink wrapped. Papo gets criticized for not evolving their aesthetic since 2005. And Schleich gets criticized for . . . gosh, take your pick. There's really nothing special about the criticism that gets levelled at Rebor products.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2021, 06:02:49 PM
I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote the other day in a different thread:

I honestly can't help but chuckle at the accusation that Rebor is singled out for more criticism than any other company. People here criticize the products of all the companies all the time. PNSO gets criticized for things like the scales on Wilson's head and the tail on Jeff the Kronosaurus and their pricing. CollectA gets criticized for the fuzzy patches on their Paraceratherium and the fact that they've made yet another Pteranodon and Spinosaurus. Safari gets criticized for releasing only three toys this year, all theropods, one of them undersized and shrink wrapped. Papo gets criticized for not evolving their aesthetic since 2005. And Schleich gets criticized for . . . gosh, take your pick. There's really nothing special about the criticism that gets levelled at Rebor products.
This. Yeah all companies face their fair share of criticism. Heck, I saw the other day under Nanmu's Brachiosaurus color scheme reveal post that many were complaining how inaccurate the color scheme is to the film, even when the company does not have the official license.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 11, 2021, 05:15:09 PM
avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 exactly. 100% agreed.
I don't mean to call you out my friend, just wanted to show a comparison but you did provide criticism of the CollectA 2022 Spinosaurus. Just by this, you must understand that all companies face criticism. Not a bad thing at all as it can help improve the company and their products. Although, I have to agree that some comments take the criticism too far.

Regardless, at the end of the day, the company chooses what they want to produce and I am all for that.

Psittacoraptor

Whoever is behind Rebor's posts here, I doubt they are a social media person like GojiraGuy1954 thinks, because their conduct is very unprofessional, arrogant and passive aggressive. Then there was that highly suspect story with Vitae, during which they doxxed someone and posted their personal information in the Dino Hazard thread. No matter what beef you have with a business partner, doxxing an individual on a public forum is an absolute no-go. So, from what I've read of Rebor here, they can make the best figure in the world and I still won't purchase it. I won't support a company that presents itself in such an unprofessional manner.

Stegotyranno420

Yes, avatar_Bread @Bread I do admit it was very hypocritical of me to call out collectA but to defend Rebor.
It's just that I feel bad seeing rebor get so much criticisms from members. It kind of makes me worried of the image this company has of us. Too much criticism might cause them to avoid us as an audience and switch to people who has vastly different opinions.
While my words were not the nicest, I did try to make sure I was not trying to ruin the joy for everyone on the collectA thread. I was honestly baffled that people thought it was a good spinosaurus, even comparing it to the PNSO one. I am not angry or trying to enforce my opinion, I'm just very confused.

Shonisaurus

I am honestly very happy with the criticism, he does not share it, I accept Rebor as he is, not only when it comes to making his exceptional figures, but I accept his story as it is and I am not bothered by the opinions of the directors or managers of Rebor, I accept as they are and I want them to always be the way they want to be, I do not want them to be the way I pretend they are. Rebor does a precious job when it comes to making prehistoric animals and prehistoric creatures and science fiction and I can only say that I love Rebor and his philosophy and above all I love his figures that will be a source of wealth in the future for future generations of collectors and lovers of paleoart, as are all the rest of the prehistoric animal companies and as the vintage companies that we love so much and that are no longer with us have been. Rebor is a gift that we collectors have and we should honestly pamper them more in the DTF especially when they participate in the forum. From my unknown scientific and artistic knowledge, not only Rebor but also the rest of the prehistoric toy and non-toy animal companies (for example resin) should be treated with more affection.

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 11, 2021, 07:25:17 PM
Yes, avatar_Bread @Bread I do admit it was very hypocritical of me to call out collectA but to defend Rebor.
It's just that I feel bad seeing rebor get so much criticisms from members. It kind of makes me worried of the image this company has of us. Too much criticism might cause them to avoid us as an audience and switch to people who has vastly different opinions.
While my words were not the nicest, I did try to make sure I was not trying to ruin the joy for everyone on the collectA thread. I was honestly baffled that people thought it was a good spinosaurus, even comparing it to the PNSO one. I am not angry or trying to enforce my opinion, I'm just very confused.
Oh no worries, I was just bringing out a comparison that every company receives criticism. I do agree that Rebor have received the constant bashing, and it continues but it happens and I have seen it apparent with PNSO as well. Again, it happens and I don't fault anyone for providing criticism. If anything just avoid it or don't reply.

I really want to avoid this constant discussion of criticism. I just want to know the plans of the Alligator, Deinosuchus, Sarcosuchus, and lonesome George. Release dates, updates, etc.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on November 11, 2021, 07:19:03 PM
Whoever is behind Rebor's posts here, I doubt they are a social media person like GojiraGuy1954 thinks, because their conduct is very unprofessional, arrogant and passive aggressive. Then there was that highly suspect story with Vitae, during which they doxxed someone and posted their personal information in the Dino Hazard thread. No matter what beef you have with a business partner, doxxing an individual on a public forum is an absolute no-go. So, from what I've read of Rebor here, they can make the best figure in the world and I still won't purchase it. I won't support a company that presents itself in such an unprofessional manner.

Good >:D

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on November 11, 2021, 08:20:56 PM

Embarrassing.

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on November 11, 2021, 10:10:25 PM

Embarrassing.

I wouldn't even care if they were total a..holes. All these companies deal in amoral plastic-polluting nonsense anyways. So are there really any good guys? But i'm addicted to this stuff. I love it and i'm in it for the models/figures; for my passion regarding prehistoric life. REBOR is the only company that provides figures that look even better in real life than on the promo-images. That's kinda special to me. Great sculpts and good paintjobs. And they are moving more and more towards scientific representations (a must for me). But to each his own.

Lynx

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Hey there! Apologies for the mention, but are you guys still looking into making that spinosaurus figure? I really like the color schemes and am still looking for a decent 2014-style spinosaurus that isn't massive (PNSO) or poor quality (CollectA)
An oversized house cat.

stargatedalek

And ya'll wonder why we're always so quick to mistrust REBOR. Could it be, just maybe, that they play into their maverick angle way too much? No, definitely not possible...

suspsy

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 11, 2021, 07:25:17 PM

I don't understand this reasoning. Rebor's bound to encounter people with vastly different opinions regardless of whether or not they remain a presence here. More importantly, no one here should be coerced or pressured into being silent just for the purpose of placating.

QuoteWhile my words were not the nicest, I did try to make sure I was not trying to ruin the joy for everyone on the collectA thread. I was honestly baffled that people thought it was a good spinosaurus, even comparing it to the PNSO one. I am not angry or trying to enforce my opinion, I'm just very confused.

What's to be confused about? Other people do not share your views on that Spinosaurus; it's as simple as that. I certainly don't. It's easily superior to the 2021 Safari version, and to anything from Schleich or Mojo Fun. The only real competition for it is PNSO.

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 12, 2021, 01:15:26 AM

And ya'll wonder why we're always so quick to mistrust REBOR. Could it be, just maybe, that they play into their maverick angle way too much? No, definitely not possible...

Indeed. I generally try to reserve my criticism of Rebor to their products, but response like the one they made above do them absolutely no favours.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

avatar_suspsy @suspsy i thought it should come as obvious that I was NOT confused that people are liking a certain figure very much over others. I am confused about what makes this figure a charm for others, and why they prefer it over others. I get everyone has a totally different opinion, and that's good.

Why does almost everything I say here gets mistranslated...

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Lynx on November 12, 2021, 12:32:53 AM
avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Hey there! Apologies for the mention, but are you guys still looking into making that spinosaurus figure? I really like the color schemes and am still looking for a decent 2014-style spinosaurus that isn't massive (PNSO) or poor quality (CollectA)

avatar_Lynx @Lynx  Hey! Can't say for sure as we ran into some problems with that project and they haven't been sloved till this very day so we might have to cancel it, sorry to disappoint you :'(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: