News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Got an email earlier today from BBTS stating that the Garden Woodland Stegosaurus would be coming into stock soon. I missed out on this a few years back, so I'm very glad to have it come into stock soon so I can pick it up. Still need to get around to getting the baby Melon to go with it eventually too. Thankfully Happy Hen still has that one in stock.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Man, I hope avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO got paid for this. Pretty sure that's a genuine Killer Queen.

BlueKrono

avatar_Over9K @Over9K I wouldn't be surprised if this particular establishment just stole it with no recompense.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I mean, it's not like Rebor paid Universal for all the designs they borrowed during their early years.

Anyway, I'm not a lawyer but I think this would constitute fair use. It's a derivative work but a different enough medium that I don't think it would fall afoul of copyright law. If somebody knows more about that kind of thing I'm happy to be corrected.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

If anything this entire picture reminds me more of a DTF contest entry if I recall correctly. It's just missing the Papo Pentaceratops.

dragon53

Shane

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 26, 2023, 04:18:39 PMI mean, it's not like Rebor paid Universal for all the designs they borrowed during their early years.

Anyway, I'm not a lawyer but I think this would constitute fair use. It's a derivative work but a different enough medium that I don't think it would fall afoul of copyright law. If somebody knows more about that kind of thing I'm happy to be corrected.

The unfortunate fact is that copyright and trademark can be VERY difficult to enforce on depictions of "real" animals, even extinct ones.

However, you CAN pretty easily claim copyright on a photograph. So if this photograph was taken by REBOR for their own promotional use, they could make a case for infringement. But if this photograph was taken by someone else, it's much more difficult.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Few pics of my Gator :

Over9K

Alright, stop,
Collaborate, and listen,
Ice is back,
With a brand-new invention.

QuoteREBOR 1:35 T-Rex "Cream" WIP

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's ok? I bought the first version and nanmu's and well..there are a lot more film dinosaurs I'd rather see.

Wally-217

The existing one(s) was already perfect imo. I wonder why they're redoing it? It'd be pretty hype if they followed it with some other Skull Island fauna, but I really cant see that happening.

Carnoking

Wonder if they remembered the third finger this time around?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2023, 04:09:31 PMIt's ok? I bought the first version and nanmu's and well..there are a lot more film dinosaurs I'd rather see.

Agreed.

Yesterday, if you asked me what I would want next from REBOR, I'd have said Dreadnaughtus. I want to see REBOR do a thicc girl, the species is trendy enough for them to do it, and there are numerous name pun opportunities, and I think we all know these are the ways REBOR chooses their projects. 

I'm still gonna get the Vanilla Twice (heh.) because it will hopefully fit right in with my previous V.rexes from REBOR, Nanmu and Playmates.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Wally-217 on December 12, 2023, 04:52:59 PMThe existing one(s) was already perfect imo. I wonder why they're redoing it? It'd be pretty hype if they followed it with some other Skull Island fauna, but I really cant see that happening.

Same here. I might get a few more skull island dinos if they did them.  They could even do ones from the original Kong.

REBOR has teased so much I'd rather have what we still don't have lol

need4swede

Quote from: Over9K on December 12, 2023, 10:53:32 PMYesterday, if you asked me what I would want next from REBOR, I'd have said Dreadnaughtus. I want to see REBOR do a thicc girl..

I feel the same. I really like their Diplodocus - would love to see more Sauropods from them, preferably some thick ones. One of my favorite figures in my collection to this day is my 2008 Apatosaurus by Schleich. Would love to see REBOR make something similar.
- Swede

Takama

You what i would like from avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO     is the chance to buy there Ankylosaurus again, so i pitch the bootleg I got of the same animal.

I also dont mind a re-release of there Killer Queens.

Over9K

"Vanilla Ice Cream" - REBOR

Carnoking

Wow, they're moving quick with this one

Blade-of-the-Moon

looks nicer than the old one.

Pliosaurking

Seeing as I don't own a V-Rex I'll be grabbing this guy for sure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: