News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

From what I remember of the movie, this one is more accurate than Nanmu 2.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have Nanmu's Dragon Soul version not sure I need to upgrade.

dragon53

Two questions about Rebor for 2024:

1. Is the Retro line dead?-----I was hoping for a Rebor Retro Brontosaurus to go with its Retro T Rex.
2. Any new rumors of the Rebor Postosuchus?

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on January 02, 2024, 01:24:35 AMTwo questions about Rebor for 2024:

1. Is the Retro line dead?-----I was hoping for a Rebor Retro Brontosaurus to go with its Retro T Rex.
2. Any new rumors of the Rebor Postosuchus?

Also. Whatever happend to "Canibal Corpse?" 

Can I have a Legit copy of your Ankylosaurus so I can pitch this bootleg?   

When will "Killer Queen Requium" be released? Or were they even set for release to begin with?

Can we have any of these answers for the new year?

Blade-of-the-Moon

At this point I think we know how Rebor operates right?

Retro line is probably stalled while other new more popular items are being made.

I haven't seen anything about a Postosuchus.

Cannibal Corpse/Zombie Rex and CARS/Giga were updates around the same time last year. I would guess CC will be out close to October? The Giga might make it out after the Dire Wolf.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I personally never saw Rebor was releasing a Postosuchus, but someone on Dinotoy said they saw it somewhere...and no one contradicted the Postosuchus comment, so I assumed it was true.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 02, 2024, 04:23:22 AMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I personally never saw Rebor was releasing a Postosuchus, but someone on Dinotoy said they saw it somewhere...and no one contradicted the Postosuchus comment, so I assumed it was true.

Absence of evidence is not proof of existence. lol Sorry. If they haven't even posted a teaser pic on FB or Instagram I wouldn't assume it. It would be pretty cool though.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2024, 02:33:29 AMAt this point I think we know how Rebor operates right?

Retro line is probably stalled while other new more popular items are being made.

Cannibal Corpse/Zombie Rex and CARS/Giga were updates around the same time last year. I would guess CC will be out close to October? The Giga might make it out after the Dire Wolf.

REBOR has also stated that they dealt with some factory issues, resulting in Lonesome George being a year+ late as well as pushing other projects back. It was said that Plastic Love (The Invicta Rex redux) was among projects that we would see in future, now that these issues have been resolved.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 02, 2024, 06:39:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 02, 2024, 02:33:29 AMAt this point I think we know how Rebor operates right?

REBOR has also stated that they dealt with some factory issues, resulting in Lonesome George being a year+ late as well as pushing other projects back. It was said that Plastic Love (The Invicta Rex redux) was among projects that we would see in future, now that these issues have been resolved.

I do recall that. They also had some issues with a factory before I think, maybe selling product without their knowledge?  When it comes to Rebor I'll believe it when I see it up for preorder, that said they do tease a lot of nice products.

Faelrin

I think the Postosuchus was announced in the Deinosuchus thread? It was announced alongside others, but as with any announcement from Rebor (even with images) I take them with a grain of salt until they go up for pre-orders, or about to. In any case I'm not in any particular rush for one, unless it's an accurate bipedal one, which is like long over due I guess. Otherwise I'm fine with the older Safari Ltd one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin You're right, this is the post you're alluding to.

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Thanks for going through the trouble of finding that.

dragon53

CONCAVENATOR:

Thanks for finding the original post about the Postosuchus.

Faelrin

Finally got my hands on the Rebor Woodland Stegosaurus. Been wanting this guy for many years, but missed out on the initial chance to get it back when it first came out. Absolutely beautiful, even if it isn't the most up to date reconstruction. This is also the first non Mattel Jurassic Stegosaurus in my collection. Definitely going on display alongside my Ceratosaurus once I have access to my display shelves again. Gotta pick up the Diplodocus to go alongside it, and maybe the Saurophaganax as well.

More pics under the spoiler:

Spoiler

[close]

Edit: I forgot to mention I got this from Big Bad Toy Store. Also Fed Ex screwed up on the delivery the first time (probably brought it to the wrong address, because they claimed no one was there to get it, when of course we were), but well at least this time it came right to our door thankfully.

Edit 2: I also forgot to mention I was holding this guy in my pile of loot for the max time before shipping it out. Was hoping to ship it alongside the dire wolf but oh well. Granted I also just canceled my dire wolf pre-order recently, because I need to be saving funds now. I still want it badly though, but I'm gonna need to hold off on it for now.

SenSx

I think the Rebor stegosaurus was the figure that blew my mind the most of my entire collection when I  unboxed it, and I'm not kiding.
I did not expect it to be THAT beautiful.

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on January 04, 2024, 07:17:04 PMI think the Rebor stegosaurus was the figure that blew my mind the most of my entire collection when I  unboxed it, and I'm not kiding.
I did not expect it to be THAT beautiful.

It certainly looks up to the task of dealing with Nanmu's Allosaurus...

need4swede

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin congrats on getting the Rebor Stego! I love mine - paired it with the PNSO youngster and the two fit rather well together

- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Rebor just posted this for the Year of the Dragon, if an actual product it's sure to appeal to dragon and kaiju fans.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 10, 2024, 04:46:23 AMRebor just posted this for the Year of the Dragon, if an actual product it's sure to appeal to dragon and kaiju fans.

Within the comments, a fan mentions being excited for "a" dragon from REBOR, and the reply from REBOR was " Dragons.  ;) "

Sounds to me like there might be more...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on February 10, 2024, 05:47:46 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 10, 2024, 04:46:23 AMRebor just posted this for the Year of the Dragon, if an actual product it's sure to appeal to dragon and kaiju fans.

Within the comments, a fan mentions being excited for "a" dragon from REBOR, and the reply from REBOR was " Dragons.  ;) "

Sounds to me like there might be more...

Could be multiple heads..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: