News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 23, 2015, 05:43:41 PM
Quote from: ARUL on May 22, 2015, 11:57:59 PM
Its still baby, and it just hacth. The feather will grow in more couples days just like modern bird. Btw quetzalcoatlus that will be a great diorama, i mean a pair of quetz  :D  :P
How did you hear this great news?
Then I deduce that the couple quetzalcoatlus diorama will be based on a hunting scene. As they suppose they were scavengers or hunters pups small dinosaurs, speculations are served.
Not 100% sure, but i remember rebor have talk about this in previous post in this forum  :) we are discussing about what next future model, they said "how about a pair of quetzalcoatlus ?"

Arul

Quote from: Takama on May 23, 2015, 09:51:27 PM
Quote from: suspsy on May 23, 2015, 09:45:33 PM
I don't care for those baby raptors at all. And I can't describe how happy I would be if toy companies stopped using the JP franchise as their inspiration.

Another reason why Jurassic World is bad for the public

Btw rebor made this with rebor way, correct me if i wrong but im pretty sure on the old post rebor said that they are make what they want to make and movie is not on their influence. Emm yes...most people can accept jw as an entertaining movie. except maybe some of paleo enthusiast/expert because they know how the dinosaur looks like. I think this movie isnt for education, just for entertaning. That is why spielberg did not claiming jw as an educational documentary.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ARUL on May 24, 2015, 01:01:33 AM
I don't care for those baby raptors at all. And I can't describe how happy I would be if toy companies stopped using the JP franchise as their inspiration.

Btw rebor made this with rebor way, correct me if i wrong but im pretty sure on the old post rebor said that they are make what they want to make and movie is not on their influence. Emm yes...most people can accept jw as an entertaining movie. except maybe some of paleo enthusiast/expert because they know how the dinosaur looks like. I think this movie isnt for education, just for entertaning. That is why spielberg did not claiming jw as an educational documentary.

I agree with you the film Jurassic Park IV only serves to entertain and nothing else but for me the only film that was successful was the first part of Jurassic Park, as a saying goes no second part was good ... and least fourth. that does not mean that Spielberg is a great director and he has done very successful films and has popularized the interest in dinosaurs and prehistoric life, which their predecessors did so successfully in the cinema.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 24, 2015, 01:33:18 AM
Quote from: ARUL on May 24, 2015, 01:01:33 AM

I agree with you the film Jurassic Park IV only serves to entertain and nothing else but for me the only film that was successful was the first part of Jurassic Park, as a saying goes no second part was good ... and least fourth.

With one possible exception: Aliens or Alien 2

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 24, 2015, 02:12:15 AM

I agree with you the film Jurassic Park IV only serves to entertain and nothing else but for me the only film that was successful was the first part of Jurassic Park, as a saying goes no second part was good ... and least fourth.

What, you don't care about The Empire Strikes Back?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 24, 2015, 02:17:27 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 24, 2015, 02:12:15 AM

What, you don't care about The Empire Strikes Back?
I dunno, Terminator 2 was pretty awesome. I'm not sure whether I like it more than the original. Also, Star Trek II was the best (imo) in the movie franchise (some people call ST:TMP "the motionless picture" because they consider it so boring) Some sequels are good or better than the original.

A better name for JP4 would be Jurassic Park: The Electric Boogaloo kidding ;)

suspsy

Don't forget Back to the Future Pt. 2.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Getting a bit off topic here guys...

Shadowknight1

Indeed, back to the matter at hand.  Am I the only one hoping that, despite these raptor chicks being "triplets", each raptor will have a different color scheme?  It's probably too much to hope for, but it'd be neat.

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 24, 2015, 10:12:44 PM
Indeed, back to the matter at hand.  Am I the only one hoping that, despite these raptor chicks being "triplets", each raptor will have a different color scheme?  It's probably too much to hope for, but it'd be neat.

Maybe...they said 2 boys 1 girl.

MiniZoo

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 24, 2015, 10:12:44 PM

Quote from REBOR Instagram
QuoteNew babies in the house! REBOR Club Selection Velociraptor Triplets Statue, two boys and one girl, named Lock, Stock and Barrel :) Got to love the marble effect (we have to try this, remember that statue in the actors credits of Avengers Age of Ultron? Oh yeah) , but stay tuned because colour images will be revealed next week!

My understanding is that they will have a marble colour effect similar to the statue shown in the credits of 'Age of Ultron' ?? Maybe?? 'we have to try this'.

Shadowknight1

I think they meant that for a future statue.  I think.  We'll see in a day or two.

Arul

Rebor promising a few big plan for king trex, well im sure this is one of it. This is good

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

To elaborate, they're saying that the King T. rex statue was the first in a diorama.  Part One is "Conquest" referring to our Tyrant Lizard.  Part Two, as pictured above, is "Sorrow", a fallen female Triceratops that the king brought down.  Part Three is "Revenge" which potentially means another Triceratops getting ready for a good old fashioned prehistoric beat down.

ZaZZU2

Looks like a great piece! Can't wait for colored pics, looks like blood by the feet. ^-^ Guess no standing issues for this one  ;D Just kidding, love you Rebor!

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 02, 2015, 11:52:41 AM
To elaborate, they're saying that the King T. rex statue was the first in a diorama.  Part One is "Conquest" referring to our Tyrant Lizard.  Part Two, as pictured above, is "Sorrow", a fallen female Triceratops that the king brought down.  Part Three is "Revenge" which potentially means another Triceratops getting ready for a good old fashioned prehistoric beat down.

This is why i love rebor, rebor is the only company who made dinosaur model with this way.

Dinomike

This looks really promising!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

Quote from: ARUL on June 02, 2015, 12:58:05 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 02, 2015, 11:52:41 AM

This is why i love rebor, rebor is the only company who made dinosaur model with this way.

Well, technically Collecta made a dead Triceratops first.

Although this looks promising so far.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Not to mention a dead Stegosaurus and a hunched over Saurophaganax.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: