News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Toob Dreams (Pipe Dreams?)

Started by Halichoeres, May 06, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: Troodon on July 24, 2015, 09:26:48 PM
The extinct by mankind toob, could be lots of creatures like dodo and tasmanian devil.
Ancient crawlers a prehistoric bug toob.
Pterosaurus toob
Brawling dinosaur toob.
Baby dinosaur toob.
i didnt know that tasmanian devils are already extinct.  :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: sauroid on July 25, 2015, 02:04:56 PM
Quote from: Troodon on July 24, 2015, 09:26:48 PM
The extinct by mankind toob, could be lots of creatures like dodo and tasmanian devil.
Ancient crawlers a prehistoric bug toob.
Pterosaurus toob
Brawling dinosaur toob.
Baby dinosaur toob.
i didnt know that tasmanian devils are already extinct.  :o
hahaha i meant tiger not wolf. it was very late at the time i typed it.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Halichoeres

Give the facial cancer that's spreading through them a couple more years...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 25, 2015, 04:15:36 PM
Give the facial cancer that's spreading through them a couple more years...
i just have read About that, thankyou for painting that out. Didnt know that.
Poor Devils. Hope They Will survive.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

terrorchicken

I was thinking, isnt it about time they update/redo the original basic dino toob? some of those dinos figures are so old/outdated!

Fluffysaurus

You know what would be a great toob? Dinosaur baby's in eggs kinda like kaiyodo baby Maiasaura. Could be very awesome. Fluffed baby theropods.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Halichoeres

I like both those ideas. It's true, the basic dinos toob reflects its time.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 25, 2015, 09:23:53 PM
I was thinking, isnt it about time they update/redo the original basic dino toob? some of those dinos figures are so old/outdated!

Years ago I spoke to someone at Safari who pretty much acknowledged that some of the older toobs might need a revamp--but that they were still among the best sellers.

So, economically, it would make no sense to change them--they have, after all, created several superior prehistoric toobs, including improved dinosaur ones (the Carnivorous dinos, Feathered dinos and the Sue and Friends, more or less) but none of those apparently has the broad appeal. Developing, sculpting and mold&casting new models is expensive, so it would take major customer input (massive sales drops) to force a change. Of course, it could also just cause them to discontinue it if the toob's sales drop too much as well...

profnik

how about

Prehistoric Mammals toobs including:
Daeodon
Cave Bear
Mastodon
Smilodon
Columbian Mammoth
Woolly Rhino
Paraceratherium
Embolotherium

Extinct Super Toobs including:
Tasmanian Tiger
Dodo Bird
Woolly Mammoth
Passenger Pigeon
Giant Moa
Baiji Dolphin
Golden Toad
Quagga
Great Auk
Steller's Seacow
Irish Elk
Auroch

Pterosaur Toob including:
Pterodaustro
Quetzalcoatlus
Ramphorynchus
Pteranodon
Dimorophodon
Jeholopterus
Tapejara
Dsungaripterus

but this should work for 6 wild safari prehistoric world & extinct toobs for available in November & December for this christmas 2015 for Dans Dinosaurs follow by pterosaur toob is coming available in january 2016

profnik

Extinct Super Toobs including:
Tasmanian Tiger
Dodo Bird
Woolly Mammoth
Passenger Pigeon
Giant Moa
Baiji Dolphin
Golden Toad
Quagga
Great Auk
Steller's Seacow
Irish Elk
Auroch

Just like I have groovy tube book gone extinct & club earth extinct figures at home

SBell

They already have a Prehistoric Mammals toob. If they haven't changed their basic dinosaur toob by now, I wouldn't expect them to update the preh mamammls toob (other than changing them to simpler paint jobs).

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: SBell on September 04, 2015, 04:50:42 AM
They already have a Prehistoric Mammals toob. If they haven't changed their basic dinosaur toob by now, I wouldn't expect them to update the preh mamammls toob (other than changing them to simpler paint jobs).

Well, they DID technically label it as "Prehistoric Life", so if they wanted to, they could probably be persuaded to release a new toob with different species if they actually just called it "Prehistoric Mammals" this time.

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 01, 2015, 06:42:53 PM
If you made a toob of walking pterosaurs that could solve the issue.

Or alternate walking and flying models. The less awkwardly shaped ones could be made to fit with a flying pose like their current Toob Pteranodon (Anuragnathus, Pterodactylus, and similar pterodactyloids could work for this), and the species that would be both long and wide could walk (think the long-necked azhdarchids, or the long-tailed "rhamphorynchoids").

profnik

l already have Safari ltd prehistoric life toobs & prehistoric mammals skulls toob at home but I'm still waiting for prehistoric mammals toob For 2016

OMG guys, how have we not thought of this yet:

Ceratopsian Skulls Toob

Wouldn't that be great?!?  ;D
If it were officially pitched to the bosses, it would pretty much be a shoo-in, given how wildly popular new ceratopsian toys are these days. I actually just started typing which species I'd like to see, but ended up deleting it since I just kept going, and going, and going... There's seriously no bad choices you could make here. I'm pretty sure they would re-use the Triceratops skull from the other Dino Skull Toob, though it would be a shame to leave one less slot for a different species!

joossa

^I would definitely buy that toob. Their dino skull toob is very nice.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

Sounds nice, but I prefer a regular Ceratopsian toob. No fossil remains, just the real (plastic) things. :)

sauroid

Quote from: Roselaar on September 19, 2015, 02:12:58 PM
Sounds nice, but I prefer a regular Ceratopsian toob. No fossil remains, just the real (plastic) things. :)
Ditto.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on September 19, 2015, 03:08:18 PM
Ditto.

This would probably sell better than a skul toob to the general public--most of the skulls, at toob-size scale, wouldn't differentiate well enough. A Japanese company like Kaiyodo could do it, but those would be a little more costly!

Quote from: SBell on September 19, 2015, 05:18:37 PM
Quote from: sauroid on September 19, 2015, 03:08:18 PM
Ditto.

This would probably sell better than a skul toob to the general public--most of the skulls, at toob-size scale, wouldn't differentiate well enough. A Japanese company like Kaiyodo could do it, but those would be a little more costly!

Fully fleshed out ceratopsians would certainly make for a good Toob as well. I have to disagree with your point though, SBell, as the skulls of ceratopsians are precisely the most distinctive parts of their bodies. I'm pretty sure I've even seen Greg Paul say that they're virtually indistinguishable postcranially. I think life models would certainly be more playable for the child target audience, but if distinctiveness is the only consideration, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

Triceratops, Chasmosaurus, Styracosaurus, Diabloceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Einiosaurus, Kosmoceratops, and Regaliceratops would all look very different from each other (just to pull a few examples at random).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: