News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Aroara Pachycephalosaurus Resin Kit

Started by AROARA, May 28, 2015, 12:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AROARA

Here's the newest kit from Aroara.  It's the Pachycephalosaurus!  Done in the style of the 1970's AURORA Prehistoric Scenes and to fit in with the series as an Add On.  And Who doesn't like the Prehistoric Scenes???   ^-^
Here are the most current pics of the sculpt, close to completion.  The kit is in actual molding and casting process to date.  Jeff is rapidly trying to get a few kits cast and ready for the upcoming model show Wonderfest this weekend!  He doesn't have a booth at the show but will have some available to sell there.  I'll add more details to this thread as I receive them.  This kit will come with the "Pachy", a retro styled Nameplate, Terrain Base, Instruction sheet and several options of new trees.
This was co designed by my friend Matt Manit and I and then highly detailed sculpt, molded and cast by Jeff Brown.  Jeff previously did a wonderful Add on years ago of the Dave Cockrum "Parasaurolophus".
Comments and Questions are welcomed.
Thanks!

tyrantqueen

Is this part of the "What if" series? I always thought that series needs more love on the forum. I don't think I've ever seen a single post or conversation about it. Glad to see you're remedying the situation.

My favourite is probably the Tylosaurus. Dynamic pose and looks like it stepped out of a Knight painting.

Just one question about the Pachycephalosaurus- shouldn't its tail be dragging? >:D

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 28, 2015, 02:32:19 AM
Is this part of the "What if" series? I always thought that series needs more love on the forum. I don't think I've ever seen a single post or conversation about it. Glad to see you're remedying the situation.

My favourite is probably the Tylosaurus. Dynamic pose and looks like it stepped out of a Knight painting.

Just one question about the Pachycephalosaurus- shouldn't its tail be dragging? >:D

I could totally be wrong, but it almost looks like there's enough play around the hips that you could assemble it in a way that the tail would drag.

Really cool sculpt either way!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

should be five fingers unless it was intentionally done this way to appear retro.....?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2015, 02:57:05 AM
should be five fingers unless it was intentionally done this way to appear retro.....?

Yeah, definitely looks retro to me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

YOu talking about the Articles in PT?   I Read the Invicta one and i loved it.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 28, 2015, 03:32:28 AM

If i were going that retro I would have left the hands palms down rather than in the neutral and then wrong number of digits...just seems a mismatch of sorts.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 28, 2015, 03:42:44 AM

Uh...no.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 28, 2015, 03:52:16 AM
Quote from: Takama on May 28, 2015, 03:42:44 AM

Uh...no.

Ok then i have no idea what this What if Series is

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool! Always wanted the Trachodon kit and the big sauropod one..but they are..pricey.

AROARA

Thanks guys.  I noticed that there was no mention of any PS here. Heard about this place from a friend. Glad I'm here.
This could be considered as part of the what if series.  There were a few of us contributing to the what if, add on series. I started producing kits about 10 years ago and been doing 1 or two kits per year for this series.  The first of what started this for me was seeing the Dave Cockrum Stegosaurus and fell in love.  I had to get my hands on one of which i did years later. Anyway, i couldn't understand why nobody else hasn't created more for the scenes.  The first kit i produced was a protoceratops that Chris Lynch sculpted for me.  Mike Evans of AlchemyWorks molded and cast them.  Down the road i met and teamed up with Matt Manit and Randy Guthrie of Lil Monster Productions. We named ourselves Primeval Plastics. We produced a few kits together before we disbanded. Now the name is AROARA and with the help of some talented sculptors, we plan to make a few more kits in the next few years.  Well, hope that clears a few things up.  Don't want to ramble anymore.  I can do more of a bio in the introduction thread. ;)
Here's  a link to our old Web page. Most of the kits are OOB but we do have a a few new ones in the works as we speak.
primevalplastics.com

AROARA

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2015, 03:48:55 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 28, 2015, 03:32:28 AM

If i were going that retro I would have left the hands palms down rather than in the neutral and then wrong number of digits...just seems a mismatch of sorts.
It was designed this way to be retro, yes and on purpose with the 4 fingers. The hands were going to be able to rotate just like the original series would have it but it would increase the final cost. Other options were considered too but we opted to go with what was reasonable and less expensive but give the feel of a move able kit. The hands can be cut off and repositioned if the modeler so chooses. Personally, I don't like to do extra work but lately, I'm having fun kit bashing some of the Ceratopsians: Triceratops and Styracosaurus. Just about completed the Diabloceratops and slowly working on the Einiosaurus's face and frill.

AROARA

Yes it will. This bad boy was designed to stand almost upright (thus the tail curve) or bent over in a "charging" stance.  These few pics I've  posted don't show those options.  The tail is separated so the modeler can position the tail as he/she wants it to be displayed too.

Dinomike

Really detailed skin! A  great looking retro creature!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Paleogene Pals

You are definitely carrying the torch for the PS line. This Pachy fits in perfectly with the look and feel of PS. My first dino model was the Monogram reissue of the PS Ankylosaurus.

CityRaptor

Now that one is retrotastic! Fitting for an addition to the Prehistoric Scene series ( or the easier to get re-issues )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AROARA

Here's the Pachy in two of several positions he can be posed in.  He was designed to either stand or bent over for ramming.  You can do anything else in between.   Get two kits and have them go head to head.  Purchasing info will be posted soon.  Working on a few minor things before officially posting it here.

Paleogene Pals

The base looks awesome as does the Pachy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really dig the detail and posing options.

AROARA

Thanks guys!  ;D

Been busy building this bad boy for the cover of the instructions.  The guy previously did instructions for this kit but somehow there was a glitch and things fell through.  So, now I'm in the process of doing retro instructions for this kit and wanted a black and white of the build up.  Here it is in color.  Not one of my best jobs but it'll suit the need.  I'll announce the info as early as this weekend.  For now, enjoy!  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: