News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dreadmanes prehistoric photography

Started by dreadmane, May 29, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

"Overpowered 2" is a stunner. It's really hard to believe you were photographing solid fixed position models. Andeioli's "cinematic" is spot on.

Jose S.M.

That last set is amazing! There's real sense of movement and action in the last two shots.

dreadmane

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 31, 2018, 03:19:27 PM
"Overpowered 2" is a stunner. It's really hard to believe you were photographing solid fixed position models. Andeioli's "cinematic" is spot on.
Thank you ceratopsian! It glads me to hear, it is what Iam trying to achieve :)

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 31, 2018, 03:51:07 PM
That last set is amazing! There's real sense of movement and action in the last two shots.
Many thanks Jose_S.M!

Here's another recent shot:

The bull of Gondwana
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

Dinomike

Amazing pictures! I especially love the movement in your shots!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

dreadmane

Quote from: Dinomike on May 31, 2018, 09:53:41 PM
Amazing pictures! I especially love the movement in your shots!
Thank you Dinomike ;D!
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

dreadmane

I wanted to capture a jurassic battle scene and after around 200 shots i finally got what I wanted (a big thanks to the weather gods for the hot and dry weather).

Jurassic showdown

Jose S.M.

Lanthanotus

While also taking my figures out for some shooting from time to time, I am not the biggest fan of outdoor shots, mostly because it can be quite difficult to get an environmental setting that looks natural and authentic with the figures....

That being said, you really got the knack of it, dreadmane, not only with the setting (or masking/fading out of environment), but also with making the best out of the figures' stances, even those who are very awkwardly posed (as the Papo Iguanodon imo). 200 shots also speaks for some serious dedication, and it's visible in every shot you post here, great work! :)

PhilSauria

Well your dedication, and 200 shots is nothing short of dedication!, not to mention persistence - IMHO this is your best yet. Fabulous image and thanks for posting these.

ceratopsian

I can only echo the others - you have extreme patience.  It's a superb shot.

dreadmane

Many thanks to Jose_S.M., Lanthanotus, PhilSauria and ceratopsian for your kind compliments ;D!

dreadmane

After all the action shots I though it was time for a calmer shot.

Mother and son

dreadmane

Got my creative beasts Velociraptor the other day, had to get some desert shots :).

Sand storm

The swift robber of Mongolia

ceratopsian

The effect in Sandstorm is magnificent.  You have also achieved a very realistic pose for your raptor in this shot.  The posing rod is barely visible!

Bokisaurus

Beautiful photos, very impressive. I hope that you are saving one for the diorama contest this year.

PhilSauria

More images worthy of the Paleo figure version of National Geographic! (If there was such a thing). Hope your Raptors didn't get too dirty - those things aren't cheap, as least not from where I'm standing.

dreadmane

Many thanks to you ceratopsian, Bokisaurus and Philsauria for you kind complements, Iam glad you liked them! :D

Nimravus

Wow your pictures are stunning! The movement you are providing in them looks real! They are extremely well prepared, you must be really meticulous! In addition to that, the environment around suits the scene perfectly! Congrats!

dreadmane

Quote from: Nimravus on June 07, 2018, 08:08:11 PM
Wow your pictures are stunning! The movement you are providing in them looks real! They are extremely well prepared, you must be really meticulous! In addition to that, the environment around suits the scene perfectly! Congrats!
Thank you so much Nimravus, Iam flattered ;D!

Here's some more recent shots for ya!

Mist hunter

Hunter and prey

dreadmane

Hi all!
Heres some Papo 2018 Acrocanthosaurus shots for ya:

King of the hill

Cretaceous showdown

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: