You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three Thyreophorans should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 02, 2015, 03:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three Thyreophorans should SafariLTD make?

Ankylosaurus
14 (28%)
Crichtonsaurus
8 (16%)
Edmontonia
23 (46%)
Miragaria
5 (10%)
Stegosaurus remake
15 (30%)
Saichania
16 (32%)
Scelidosaurus
25 (50%)
Tuojiangosaurus
29 (58%)
other
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Takama

Same as with the Sauropod and Theropod polls.   Only since theirs not as many, i decided to add a other option.

Halichoeres

Scelidosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus.

Why would they remake the Stegosaurus?? They already have the best one out there, if you ask me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

John

Edmontonia,Saichania & Tuojiangosaurus got my vote. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gwangi

Tuojiangosaurus, Edmontonia and for my "other" I'm voting for Nodosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Crichtonsaurus, Edmontonia, and Scelidosaurus

Takama

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2015, 04:28:13 AM
Scelidosaurus and Tuojiangosaurus.

Why would they remake the Stegosaurus?? They already have the best one out there, if you ask me.

Thats what i was thinking.    But it was suggested so i included it. Maybe they can make it a different Species to the current one

DinoLord

sauroid

i picked Edmontonia, Saichania and Scelidosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Yutyrannus

Edmontonia, Saichania, and Scelidosaurus. Also, there should be a "What three marine reptiles should SafariLTD make?" thread as well ;).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Sim

I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.  This is mostly due to its tail being far too short.  It also lacks throat armour, and while I can disregard it its hand are incorrect.  And on the plates' inner side there's some strange horizontal texture.  I have no idea what it's meant to be, but it doesn't look natural to me and it isn't on the outer sides of the plates.  I think the best Stegosaurus toy currently out there is the Favorite soft model series 1 one: http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/12/22/stegosaurus-kinto/

Manatee

I went for Scelidosaurus, Tuojiangosaurus, and Saichania.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on June 02, 2015, 01:25:39 PM
I disagree.  I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.  This is mostly due to its tail being far too short.  It also lacks throat armour, and while I can disregard it its hand are incorrect.  And on the plates' inner side there's some strange horizontal texture.  I have no idea what it's meant to be, but it doesn't look natural to me and it isn't on the outer sides of the plates.  I think the best Stegosaurus toy currently out there is the Favorite soft model series 1 one: http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/12/22/stegosaurus-kinto/

That one looks very nice also. I only have the Soft Model Series 2 version, which drives me crazy with its missing cheeks.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2015, 01:45:26 PM
I disagree.  I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.  This is mostly due to its tail being far too short.  It also lacks throat armour, and while I can disregard it its hand are incorrect.  And on the plates' inner side there's some strange horizontal texture.  I have no idea what it's meant to be, but it doesn't look natural to me and it isn't on the outer sides of the plates.  I think the best Stegosaurus toy currently out there is the Favorite soft model series 1 one: http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/12/22/stegosaurus-kinto/

That one looks very nice also. I only have the Soft Model Series 2 version, which drives me crazy with its missing cheeks.
I removed "I disagree." from my previous post as I realised it could come across as unfriendly, which wasn't my intention.  You managed to catch it before I did though!  I've disliked the soft model series 2 Stegosaurus from the moment I first saw it, mostly due to its missing cheeks.  It makes it look so ugly!  Surprisingly, I find a lot of the soft model series 1 figures are (much) better than their series 2 counterparts.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on June 02, 2015, 02:34:26 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2015, 01:45:26 PM

I removed "I disagree." from my previous post as I realised it could come across as unfriendly, which wasn't my intention.  You managed to catch it before I did though!  I've disliked the soft model series 2 Stegosaurus from the moment I first saw it, mostly due to its missing cheeks.  It makes it look so ugly!  Surprisingly, I find a lot of the soft model series 1 figures are (much) better than their series 2 counterparts.

No harm done! But appreciate the clarification. I hadn't noticed the hooves on the Safari model, I can see that being irksome. I agree that some of the Series 1 models are better, I'm honestly mystified why they retooled the entire line instead of just releasing 13 new species.

Sim

I voted for Saichania, Scelidosaurus and Stegosaurus!

laticauda

My votes are....Crichtonsaurus, Scelidosaurus, and do we need another stegosaurus, YES.

Mamasaurus

I don't have a precise preference really, especially as far as edmontonia vs. ankylosaurus is concerned. I would be happy if Safari chose to make either one.   ^-^ I also chose toujiangosaurus and yes, another stegosaurus please!  A stegosaurus with all the right details, and holding it's head up instead of hunkering to the ground for a change. That would be awesome  :D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

joossa

The current WS Steggo is flawless in my eyes except the size. A bigger one, with the same composition would be amazing. So...

Edmontonia
Stegosaurus remake
Saichania
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Saurian

Soory,my English is poor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: