You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 28, 2017, 11:57:43 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 28, 2017, 08:34:53 AM
Simon, is there a bigger version of that J. Csotonyi image? thanks
I was just going to ask this. It would sure come in handy for me.  ^-^

David posted a photo on Facebook of that Julius Csotonyi art that Simon posted.  It's bigger when viewed in full size.  It's here: https://www.facebook.com/113487525333128/photos/a.125819777433236.23596.113487525333128/1567735666574966/?type=3&theater

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

terrorchicken

thanks, I have trouble telling some of the newer discovered species apart!

Faelrin

My print arrived today. I'll need to get a picture of it later. It has a bend a little towards the middle, but thankfully no real damage to it. I saw the exterior of the packaging it was shipped was bent a little as well. Carelessness on the post office service even with the do not bend warnings on it, perhaps? I don't know. I do know I will need to get a frame for this, but until then I will need to leave it in the packaging so it does not get ruined by my cats (as well as in a spot they cannot reach for now). I'm glad to have it though. It looks great. Much better in person then the picture of it posted online, though that should be obvious.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoLord

For those who can only use  PayPal the figures are now available for preorder on Big Bad Toy Store.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: DinoLord on January 31, 2017, 03:39:38 PM
For those who can only use  PayPal the figures are now available for preorder on Big Bad Toy Store.

That's great! :) I see that they ship internationally too. This is very tempting, but I'm afraid the shipping rates to Europe will be quite high...

Derek.McManus

Quote from: Faelrin on January 31, 2017, 12:41:30 AM
My print arrived today. I'll need to get a picture of it later. It has a bend a little towards the middle, but thankfully no real damage to it. I saw the exterior of the packaging it was shipped was bent a little as well. Carelessness on the post office service even with the do not bend warnings on it, perhaps? I don't know. I do know I will need to get a frame for this, but until then I will need to leave it in the packaging so it does not get ruined by my cats (as well as in a spot they cannot reach for now). I'm glad to have it though. It looks great. Much better in person then the picture of it posted online, though that should be obvious.

I am of the oponion, Prehaps unfairly held that labels such as do not bend or fragile are a red rag to a bull to some postal workers.

The Atroxious

Quote from: DinoLord on January 31, 2017, 03:39:38 PM

Yessss! I had been wondering if BBTS would carry these, though I had been worried that even if they did, they wouldn't include the Build-A-Raptor kits.

Now the only question left is whether I should just buy multiple Build-A-Raptors and forego the pre-built models altogether, or buy the Balaur, Adasaurus, Pyroraptor, and maybe Dromaeosaurus as-is and make the rest of the genera I like using the kits.

Gonna have to think about that one.

Nanuqsaurus

So I just checked, and the shipping fee to Europe (The Netherlands in my case) is $25,49...

CityRaptor

That's a lot, but I've seen worse. I know why I don't buy stuff in the US that often.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 31, 2017, 04:18:08 PM
So I just checked, and the shipping fee to Europe (The Netherlands in my case) is $25,49...

Per figure? That's a bit steep, but I've seen worse shipping costs from the US.

Prices for the accessory packs are also higher than I anticipated, but I'm definitely getting my hands on those anyway.

Faelrin

Well I took a picture. Lighting isn't really the most ideal due to it being winter around here and being darker earlier and such. I intend to use this as a background for some of my figures when they arrive. Sorry for the image quality as well. The bend is visible though.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on January 31, 2017, 10:54:55 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 31, 2017, 04:18:08 PM

Per figure? That's a bit steep, but I've seen worse shipping costs from the US.

Prices for the accessory packs are also higher than I anticipated, but I'm definitely getting my hands on those anyway.

The shipping fees get (even) higher when you order more figures, it's based on total weight. For two figures it's $36,99.

ceratopsian

Not just shipping fees - you need to factor in that the packet might not get through without attracting customs dues and I think the bigger the box, the more likely they are to check the value.

Roselaar

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 01, 2017, 10:54:57 AM
Not just shipping fees - you need to factor in that the packet might not get through without attracting customs dues and I think the bigger the box, the more likely they are to check the value.

Yeah, this is quickly getting less enticing...  :-\ You think there's any chances the likes of Urzeitshop or Everything Dinosaur could stock these?

DinoLord

Quote from: Roselaar on February 01, 2017, 01:24:42 PM
You think there's any chances the likes of Urzeitshop or Everything Dinosaur could stock these?

It's worth broaching the idea with David. If not for this line at least for future ones.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: DinoLord on February 01, 2017, 03:03:34 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 01, 2017, 01:24:42 PM
You think there's any chances the likes of Urzeitshop or Everything Dinosaur could stock these?

It's worth broaching the idea with David. If not for this line at least for future ones.

Maybe David could profit from it if his figures are sold on the European market. There are probably a lot of potential customers here who cannot afford to buy the figures from US based stores.

Roselaar

So what's the best way to suggest this to David? PM here or via FB?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on February 03, 2017, 11:12:14 PM
So what's the best way to suggest this to David? PM here or via FB?

I think he's more active on Facebook than on this forum.

Sim

David made this post on Facebook explaining it's now possible to make BackerKit pre-orders using ONLY PayPal by contacting him: https://www.facebook.com/113487525333128/photos/a.125819777433236.23596.113487525333128/1637836062898259/?type=3&theater

I had actually thought this option was already available, but it seems previously PayPal could only be used to add to existing BackerKit pre-orders, while now PayPal can also be used to make new BackerKit pre-orders.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: