You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stegosauria

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on March 25, 2018, 05:12:40 PM
As soon as I got home from the movie theater yesterday (went and saw Pacific Rim Uprising, it was fun!) I saw that there was a big box waiting for me!

They're all amazing looking and so fun to play with and pose! My dad hasn't opened his velociraptor yet (I got one for me and one for him since he loves birds) but he loved it and had a big smile on his face! I might end up getting my mom a linheraptor, she really liked mine and tried to persuade me to gift it to her, haha!

Some of the leg joints were a little stiff but once I got them moving I had no problems posing them. One of the atrociraptors arms had the same problem but otherwise they're perfect! I really wish they had more motion to look up and down but other than that I love them so, so much! ;D

Could you post some pictures about the Fan's Choice Pyroraptor? And I think the others would be curious about the Zhenyuanlongs and the pink Velociraptor. I think just these that weren't posted closer pictures.

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 26, 2018, 01:18:04 AM
Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on March 25, 2018, 05:12:40 PM
As soon as I got home from the movie theater yesterday (went and saw Pacific Rim Uprising, it was fun!) I saw that there was a big box waiting for me!

They're all amazing looking and so fun to play with and pose! My dad hasn't opened his velociraptor yet (I got one for me and one for him since he loves birds) but he loved it and had a big smile on his face! I might end up getting my mom a linheraptor, she really liked mine and tried to persuade me to gift it to her, haha!

Some of the leg joints were a little stiff but once I got them moving I had no problems posing them. One of the atrociraptors arms had the same problem but otherwise they're perfect! I really wish they had more motion to look up and down but other than that I love them so, so much! ;D

Are the names printed on the toys or bases as I think I might eventually get confused?

The only thing printed on the bases are the Creative Beast Studio copyright thing
As soon as I unboxed them I put the extra toes under the bases, so I could compare the figure to the toes and know which bases belonged to which by looking at the toes! Hope that helps

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: stegosauria on March 26, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

Could you post some pictures about the Fan's Choice Pyroraptor? And I think the others would be curious about the Zhenyuanlongs and the pink Velociraptor. I think just these that weren't posted closer pictures.

My camera is unfortunately dying, this is the best I could do. I hope it helps though!

Dobber

What are the wave 2 raptors? I'm assuming that is why mine haven't shipped yet.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Dobber on March 27, 2018, 12:35:33 AM
What are the wave 2 raptors? I'm assuming that is why mine haven't shipped yet.

Chris

Tsaagan mangas, Velociraptor Osmolskae (blue), Sauronitholestes sullivani , Adasaurus mongoliensis , Acheroraptor temertyorum , FC Saurornitholestes langstoni

stegosauria

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on March 26, 2018, 04:42:53 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on March 26, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

My camera is unfortunately dying, this is the best I could do. I hope it helps though!

Even if your camera is weak the pictures are good I think. The Pyroraptor with this colour is really good looking. The pink and beige Velociraptor is quite nice. Maybe I'll get that besides the fan's choice Pyroraptor and the Balaur. Still wish for the blue Velociraptor (missed the kickstarter campaign by a year).

Great thanks for the pictures, they helped. You posed them really well and into quite active poses. And the backgrounds are absolutely fitting to the figures.

If had enough money for most of the figure certainly would get this Zhenyuanlong too. Really striking in that rearing pose and with the background.

Minmiminime

Typically, most of the ones I ordered have ended up in Wave 2. I don't understand how it works, as Tsaagan was one of the original 3, so why is it being released in the second wave!? It would have made no difference to me anyway, it just seems peculiar! I've got some serious love for that Tsaagan ^-^ Not too much longer to go!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Flaffy

Quote from: Minmiminime on March 27, 2018, 10:21:26 AM
Typically, most of the ones I ordered have ended up in Wave 2. I don't understand how it works, as Tsaagan was one of the original 3, so why is it being released in the second wave!? It would have made no difference to me anyway, it just seems peculiar! I've got some serious love for that Tsaagan ^-^ Not too much longer to go!
David has already explained why the Tsaagan was in the second wave, it was due to David letting the factory decide which order of figures will make it easier to paint efficiently.

Minmiminime

Ah, I see! Thank you, Flaffy! I lose track with the updates
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

acro-man

Has anyone any idea how to track your parcel if you pre-ordered it from Backerkit?
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Flaffy

Quote from: acro-man on March 29, 2018, 04:54:46 PM
Has anyone any idea how to track your parcel if you pre-ordered it from Backerkit?
There should be an email to inform you that the package has shipped, along with a tracking number.
I'm in Hong Kong and I just received my package today, with full tracking history.

stargatedalek

Has anyone who ordered a wave 1 raptor though BBTS got any notification through them? I purchased a wave 2 through them and I'm wondering what I should expect my wait time to be.

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 30, 2018, 02:59:46 AM
Has anyone who ordered a wave 1 raptor though BBTS got any notification through them? I purchased a wave 2 through them and I'm wondering what I should expect my wait time to be.
I backed the Kickstarter and the wave 2 stuff is apparently going to ship in may. I can only assume that it'll ship from BBTS a month or two after.

acro-man

Quote from: Flaffy on March 29, 2018, 05:47:15 PM
There should be an email to inform you that the package has shipped, along with a tracking number.
I'm in Hong Kong and I just received my package today, with full tracking history.
Thanks mate!
I am wondering if they will send it from their factory in China directly cos that will save a lot of time and money.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Flaffy

Quote from: acro-man on March 30, 2018, 12:30:28 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 29, 2018, 05:47:15 PM
Thanks mate!
I am wondering if they will send it from their factory in China directly cos that will save a lot of time and money.
The package is shipped from the US. It's not common to see items directly shipped from the factory to individual buyers. They are a factory after all, not a distribution center.

LeapingLaelaps

So yesterday I brought up all my raptors and grabbed my dad's and sat down and had a close look at all of them. An acquaintance of mine mentioned having some issues with theirs (loose joints, paint chips, etc) so I decided to just look at mine and see if there were any notable issues.

I didn't note very very minor details like tiny paint scrapes, eyes facing different directions (since unless you're looking at them head on it's not that big of a deal), and joints being stiff since a lot of them have that and once you move them a bit it's not a problem. Some of the paint scrapes I noted may just have been from something I've done, or maybe they happened at the factory when being handled, assembled, sorted, etc.

Atrociraptor marshalli:

- Jaw won't close all the way on one side
- Area where neck attaches to body is a bit loose, and if you move him back and forth his neck/head flops around
- Area with missing paint on bottom of tail and on elbow near joint

Balaur bondoc:

- A few areas with paint scraped off (one thigh, neck)
- Very slight underbite

Dromaeosaurus albertensis:

- Area on inner leg scraped down the the point plastic is showing. Almost looks like it got caught on something sharp and peeled back.
- Small area on forearm near joint where paint is missing

Dromaeosaurus albertensis (Fans Choice)

- Mouth won't close all the way
- Black markings going down from eye don't line up on eye on one side

Linheraptor exquisitus

- Joint on one arm (elbow joint) has a habit of popping off if bent too much or at an angle

Pyroraptor olympius

- Jaw won't close completely
- Area of underarm on one side missing dry brushing

Pyroraptor olympius (Fans Choice)

- Area where neck attaches to body is a bit loose, and if you move him back and forth his neck/head flops around

Velociraptor mongoliensis #1:

- Jaw deformed and misaligned, unable to close properly

Velociraptor mongoliensis #2:

- Quite a few areas with paint scraped off (neck, face, thighs)

Velociraptor osmolskae:

- First section where neck connects to body sits a little bit crooked, if I try and adjust it it just goes back into place

Zhenyuanlong suni:

- Due to the size of the tail, if bent up too far it pops off, but other than that he's perfect :)

Zhenyuanlong suni (Fans Choice):

- Due to the size of the tail, if bent up too far it pops off
- Minor paint scrapes on one inner thigh
- One arm is loose and won't stay up, keeps flopping down

RobinGoodfellow

From what I'm reading, it seems that quality control over this line is very bad.
I ordered 9 figures (wave 1 & 2) and I'll receive them in May (I'm from Europe) but I'm a little bit worried about their quality..  :-\
I'm start thinking that they are quite overpriced for the low quality they seems to have.  >:(

Minmiminime

I'm optimistic that they'll be overall very good (I have to be, I've waited so very long!!!) and from the photographs I've seen of them in the FB community, they look very good and I haven't come across anyone complaining about quality issues. Having said that, I'm dying to get my claws on the Tsaagan in particular, and I did notice a couple of small issues with that in David's photos of his production sample :-[ I hope that was a one-off and not diagnostic of the whole line

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 02, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

From what I'm reading, it seems that quality control over this line is very bad.
I ordered 9 figures (wave 1 & 2) and I'll receive them in May (I'm from Europe) but I'm a little bit worried about their quality..  :-\
I'm start thinking that they are quite overpriced for the low quality they seems to have.  >:(

I would not get too discouraged. Bear in mind that this all spawned out of a Kickstarter project. A lot of the figures that we're seeing popping up on the boards that have been received by customers are the first wave of this product line. As far as I can tell, the issues brought up thus far are predominantly minor. But in the grand scheme of things, I can find things wrong with pretty much any dinosaur figure that I purchase. For the most part, I still think these figures are pretty cool for what they are, which are highly articulated action figures of scientifically accurate dinosaurs. Almost completely feathered and no bunny hands!

MoarCrossovers

I can't wait to drive members insane with the abominations I create with the Build-A-Raptor Kits.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: