You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Kovu on August 07, 2016, 03:17:10 AM
Sorry dumb question, but how/where to buy these is confusing me a bit. Once they're being mass produced, will they all be available, or are certain ones limited edition? Or are they only available through the kickstarter? I know he said he's selling the leftovers on his website, so will it be a one-run sort of deal? Sorry if I'm being dense, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

There's no need to apologise, there's nothing wrong with anything you asked!  And this is the right place to ask those things!

At the moment, the figures are only available to pre-order through something called Backerkit.  Those who backed the Kickstarter have received an email with a link to their exclusive version of Backerkit.  Everyone who didn't back the Kickstarter can access Backerkit on the pre-order store here: https://beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

The only figure that's exclusive to Kickstarter backers is the Velociraptor osmolskae, which is a repaint of the Velociraptor mongoliensis.  Both of those figures can be seen here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description

Pre-orders can be made up until 6 September.  After that orders are finalised and payment is collected.  David said he will sell any leftovers on his website, and that past that he's uncertain.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Kovu

Quote from: Sim on August 07, 2016, 05:12:27 PM
There's no need to apologise, there's nothing wrong with anything you asked!  And this is the right place to ask those things!

At the moment, the figures are only available to pre-order through something called Backerkit.  Those who backed the Kickstarter have received an email with a link to their exclusive version of Backerkit.  Everyone who didn't back the Kickstarter can access Backerkit on the pre-order store here: https://beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

The only figure that's exclusive to Kickstarter backers is the Velociraptor osmolskae, which is a repaint of the Velociraptor mongoliensis.  Both of those figures can be seen here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description

Pre-orders can be made up until 6 September.  After that orders are finalised and payment is collected.  David said he will sell any leftovers on his website, and that past that he's uncertain.

Awesome! Thanks Sim! I'll def have to check it out.  :)

Shadowknight1

And to make it somewhat clear, these aren't really being "mass produced."  At least, not in the way that term usually applies.  David doesn't have the resources, ie. cash flow, to keep pumping these out beyond a certain number.  However, the success of this campaign should give him some leverage to approach companies like NECA(who he already does some work for) and say, "You know that thing you kept telling me didn't have enough demand to justify being made?  Well, my Kickstarter campaign says otherwise."
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kovu

So, it would probably be best to go ahead and preorder the ones I'm interested in now from the BackerKit site?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Kovu on August 07, 2016, 07:52:13 PM
So, it would probably be best to go ahead and preorder the ones I'm interested in now from the BackerKit site?
That's what I would do.  Any that go up on his site later will probably be limited stock and may not even include all species.

Sim

Quote from: Kovu on August 07, 2016, 07:34:09 PM
Awesome! Thanks Sim! I'll def have to check it out.  :)

You're welcome Kovu! :)

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 07, 2016, 07:49:48 PM
And to make it somewhat clear, these aren't really being "mass produced."  At least, not in the way that term usually applies.  David doesn't have the resources, ie. cash flow, to keep pumping these out beyond a certain number.  However, the success of this campaign should give him some leverage to approach companies like NECA(who he already does some work for) and say, "You know that thing you kept telling me didn't have enough demand to justify being made?  Well, my Kickstarter campaign says otherwise."

Haha!  Well put!

Dobber

Thank you David for revisiting Zhenyaunlong. The head is already looking better, can't wait to see it painted up again and the feather modifications too. If you had read this thread and are reading this, thank you for taking what was said in the spirit it was given...not from malice.....but from a wish to have these amazing figures you are creating to be the best they can be. You are truely a class act and a top notch artist.  :D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Silvanusaurus

I had thought to myself that the more robust head designs (e.g. atrociraptor and zhen) looked a bit disproportionally large, didn't know if it was just me or not. It's amazing that David has redesigned Zhen's head so swiftly, I much prefer the look of the new one. I still think I'll chose the Balaur over Zhen as my second raptor, unfortunately I can really only afford to stick with 2, but as the final figures are being revealed it's blooming hard not to be tempted by more.

spinosaurus1

this is truely amazing how passionate this man is in his project. to go out the way to read and listen to his viewers, take their comments to account, and completely revise his  Zhenyuanlong based on the peoples input is just amazing to me. i applaud this guy.

here it is with a smaller head and more flair with the feathers similarly to the concept art. he's even planning on revisiting the wings to make them more true to the fossil preservation.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 08, 2016, 12:14:22 AM
I had thought to myself that the more robust head designs (e.g. atrociraptor and zhen) looked a bit disproportionally large, didn't know if it was just me or not. It's amazing that David has redesigned Zhen's head so swiftly, I much prefer the look of the new one. I still think I'll chose the Balaur over Zhen as my second raptor, unfortunately I can really only afford to stick with 2, but as the final figures are being revealed it's blooming hard not to be tempted by more.
I'm sticking with 3 and an accessory set, but it's getting almost to the point where I might regret not getting one or another.  The Adasaurus looks amazing, for instance, but from what we've seen, so does the kestral dromeosaurus.

Faelrin

Haven't posted in a while due to computer issues, but recently got a new one to use. Anyways, since so many of these are turning out nicer then I thought, its getting hard for me to figure out which ones I want now. Of all the finished ones I like so far (not counting any yet to be done that I might like), I doubt I will have enough for them all. There is also the question of space (small bedroom displaying space) since these will be big. I may throw in fossil completeness (for which species have more complete remains discovered to compare to) as a deciding factor on which figure to prioritize getting. I also wanted the postcards, but I may end up needing to scrap those to make room for another figure. This isn't even counting the accessory packs that are on their way, and I will probably get at least one of those. I will probably wait to see those first before finalizing the raptor choices, since I will want the set's bases to match best with whatever figures I pick, or at least most of the figures I pick. Then there's also the chick packs to think about.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Wow, amazing that Mr. Silva has both the humility to take critiques in stride and the pride in his work to incorporate them. Class act and I can't think of any place I'd rather be spending way more than I can afford.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Just in case the lastest pic of the zhenyuanlong was forgotten, I'll post it on the main topic as well.
Any inaccuracies? Or is it accurate ;D?

Silvanusaurus

Accurate or not, I really like that new wing shape. If the colours on the fan's choice zhen are nice enough I may be sorely tempted to reconsider getting it.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on August 09, 2016, 03:07:59 AM
Just in case the lastest pic of the zhenyuanlong was forgotten, I'll post it on the main topic as well.
Any inaccuracies? Or is it accurate ;D?

Just compare it with the photoshopped version on the previous page or the other thread. It's certainly an improvement.
[/URL]
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Dobber

The head is still too large IMO, but it does look better. That and the improved wings may push this back into the purchase column for me.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Dobber on August 10, 2016, 02:07:31 AM
The head is still too large IMO, but it does look better. That and the improved wings may push this back into the purchase column for me.

Chris
Hopefully the final touches will bring me back to buying the zhenyuanlong as well  ;D.

Flaffy

New pic of the "boobie raptor". Any inaccuracies?  ^-^

postsaurischian

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: