News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: utd7 on August 09, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
QuoteI think a few months ago, one of the forum members said that the Acrocanthosaurus looked like a ninja turtle

Who in their right state of mind would call this beauty a ninja turtle?

I believe it was in reference to the unrealistic wrinkling texture around the knees.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: utd7 on August 09, 2015, 10:42:20 PM
Who in their right state of mind would call this beauty a ninja turtle?

Few people would and no one here did. One forum member said that the skin folds around the knees look like TMNT-style kneepads.

Here's the exchange, with the name of the forum member redacted in case (s)he would prefer to move on:

Quote from: (Name redacted) on April 04, 2015, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on April 04, 2015, 09:10:15 PM
Quote from: (Name redacted) on April 04, 2015, 08:37:07 PM
It even seems to be wearing Ninja a Turtle style knee pads.

Agreed with you up to a certain point, then you got silly. Let's just wait for the colored photos, okay?  ;)

Haha, I'm not saying literally, like they're gonna be purple, but look at the shape and texture around the knee, that's what it looks like. What is that supposed to be?

tanystropheus

I don't think the 'knee pads' are in the current build (although, arguably, in some pics there is a 'boot-like' appearance)
Also, the poster was comparing the Acro to comic-book stylized art...
However, the newest build has more nuanced, organic skin textures, a somewhat different head sculpt with completely reworked neck textures/folds etc., as well.

Shadowknight1

I don't see the 'knee pads' but the coloration may help hide them.  And I can't tell that the head sculpt is much different between the prototype and the final.  Main difference is the tongue which is now against the lower jaw instead of slightly curled up.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

The tongue was depressed (against the lower jaw) to make room for the prey.

Arul

Oh man still no info for this model...the wait is torture me

Viking Spawn

Ninja Turtle?  LOL!  No way!  This thing is nearly flawless!   :o

And I agee, the wait is a killer.  Hopefully within the month!!! 

Shadowknight1

I gaze longingly at the pictures of this guy probably far more than is healthy.  I needs it.  It's mine!  My own!  My...precioussssss...

Arul

Sim

Sim

In the book you linked to it says Tenontosaurus is related to hadrosaurs, not that it is a hadrosaur.  You might find this page useful!

Arul

Emm yeah...okay thanks so they are iguanodontia  :D

utd7

I think that they wouldn't bother making a Tenontosaurus corpse unless they are planning to release a live one in the future. Since it is a new sculpt and it looks quite good considering they only showed us 1/3 of it's body.

A new sculpt costs an awful lot of money so I genuinely think they will release a live one (hopefully).
We live in a Jurassic World

Rain

Sheesh. It seems that a certain few people, I'm not naming anyone but they know who they are, always have something negative to say against REBOR. Over-sized feet is merely a small price to pay for such an outstanding piece.

Ironically though, the literal price is quite high for this one. I'll gladly pay it without a second thought but I don't think everyone else here is going to feel the same way.

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Rain on August 12, 2015, 12:46:52 PM
Sheesh. It seems that a certain few people, I'm not naming anyone but they know who they are, always have something negative to say against REBOR. Over-sized feet is merely a small price to pay for such an outstanding piece.

Ironically though, the literal price is quite high for this one. I'll gladly pay it without a second thought but I don't think everyone else here is going to feel the same way.
Well Rebor was crucified for the ceratosaurus standing issue, so they're not taking any chances this time. However, it seems to me that most people here seem to understand that you can't have your cake and eat it too, and that while oversized feet look a little off to some, it's understandable why they have to be that way. That's just the impression that I get in this particular thread.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

utd7

There are some people that can never be happy even if you gave them dancing angels we have a saying in my country. I think it applies here with REBOR as Rain said some people savaged them on this forum and possibly one of the reasons they are not communicating anymore here.

Of course my REBOR figures all have standing issues but I found a way around their problems. My Ceratosaurus seems ok after some hairdryer treatment, I made a rudimentary transparent stand for the Wind Hunter and am finding a solution for my Y-rex standing issue. Despite this I absolutely love them and now that REBOR has possibly found a solution with this Acro people are still complaining, I would see the thing in real life before making complaints which I will surely not make.
We live in a Jurassic World

Everything_Dinosaur

We think Acrocanthosaurus is scheduled to be available in September.  We (Everything Dinosaur) don't have a final delivery date from Rebor, although we suspect that August delivery is going to be most unlikely.

Arul

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on August 13, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
We think Acrocanthosaurus is scheduled to be available in September.  We (Everything Dinosaur) don't have a final delivery date from Rebor, although we suspect that August delivery is going to be most unlikely.

Thank you for the confirmation  :) one more month ? Nooo problemoo  :D

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on August 13, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
Well, I kinda hope you're wrong, I'm so looking forward to this model.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: