News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

The sooner the better for me too.  At least the baby Raptor trio is shipping! 

utd7

Man the wait to see this beauty in the flesh is agonising hope they don't have any delays and release it mid September when it is supposed to.
We live in a Jurassic World

Arul

Hope rebor send the acro to JC/ED for review before release just like the cerato/utahraptor, i forgot which one... We want to know more rebor, because when first official photo of this you said there will be more  :P

utd7

I believe they did that with the Cerato to JC, they sent it directly from their factory in China. Yeah they might do that cause I really want to see this thing in the flesh and see if it does stand up with no problems cause that is my only grief with REBOR's figures.

This figure might be up for model of the year in my opinion and people seem to like the hatchling raptors from REBOR, I am seeing photos of them all over the place.

Viking Spawn

Figure of the year?  Perhaps.  I'll wait and see once I have it in hand.  Cause right now, the Rebor Cerato had already impressed me a couple of months ago and will be hard to top!  Either way, Rebor wins!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 23, 2015, 08:28:42 PM
Figure of the year?  Perhaps.  I'll wait and see once I have it in hand.  Cause right now, the Rebor Cerato had already impressed me a couple of months ago and will be hard to top!  Either way, Rebor wins!
Honestly, for me, the Acro wins, but that's bias lol.

Though I have to say, I think that Savage at least would deserve an honorable mention for that awesome base.  I get the reasoning behind Herc's dried up riverbed, but I'm a little jealous of Savage's swampy base.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

utd7

I agree with you Viking on the Ceratosaurus it is an incredible figure and it's base blows the Acrocanthosaurs' one out of the water in my opinion.

But we will have to see them both live to judge which is the best one and it will surely be close and I don't see any other figure coming close to them in the polls these year for best figure. Who knows maybe REBOR will surprise again this year with another 1/35 scale figure before the year ends?

stargatedalek

I have to say for me its an easy choice of the CollectA Guidraco for best figure this year, or rather, it will be an easy choice until I see those REBOR Dimorphodon up close!

joossa

Quote from: Arul on August 23, 2015, 06:24:30 PM
We want to know more rebor, because when first official photo of this you said there will be more  :P
When they said that, I think they meant the picture below, which was released two days after the first batch of color photos. I hope I'm wrong, though as I would like to see more color photos.  :)
And even if it's delayed, I hope it's for the best so there no production issues. This is too grand of a model for there to be any elementary production issues present.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Rain

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 23, 2015, 11:22:30 PM
I have to say for me its an easy choice of the CollectA Guidraco for best figure this year, or rather, it will be an easy choice until I see those REBOR Dimorphodon up close!

Well that depends on what basis the winner is chosen on. If its detail than no way is CollectA winning. I'm rather new to this forums so it'd be helpful if someone could tell me what goes into consideration when a winner is picked? Is it just random voting?

tanystropheus

I'm not sure if that makes sense, as the WS Nasutoceratops, Sauropelta, Papo Tupuxuara and CollectA Moropus are far more polished figures than the CollectA Guidraco. However, I agree the Guidraco should probably win some sort of award. Maybe an award for 'fun factor'  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on August 23, 2015, 11:57:06 PM

Is it just random voting?

Pretty much, statistically anyways.

stargatedalek

"Random voting", you both say that as though a vote is a bad thing there's a way to choose an objectively best choice! Well there isn't a best choice, simply a most popular choice.

And I don't see why the CollectA Guidraco does any less well in terms of details or being "polished" than any REBOR or Safari figure. The Guidraco has an incredibly detailed and finely sculpted coat of pycnofibres, contrasted by the smooth yet realistic skin of its arms and throat. Its toes have scale texture on each of them, and its crest and teeth practically shine. Its paint app is incredibly lifelike, its crest is bright yet the stripes are subtly blended, the black and white coat is well blended and contrasted, its eyes shine with moisture and its teeth look appropriately pearled. But no it isn't the best choice, because there isn't a best choice to begin with!

I know I'm gonna get tarred and feathered for this, but I dearly hope that the pole is for members only, especially in light of the high risk that a certain company might send their Facebook flunkies on a raid again.

Arul

Hope they release the dimorphodon this year...unfortunately they sold separately

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 24, 2015, 12:11:20 AM
"Random voting", you both say that as though a vote is a bad thing there's a way to choose an objectively best choice! Well there isn't a best choice, simply a most popular choice.

And I don't see why the CollectA Guidraco does any less well in terms of details or being "polished" than any REBOR or Safari figure. The Guidraco has an incredibly detailed and finely sculpted coat of pycnofibres, contrasted by the smooth yet realistic skin of its arms and throat. Its toes have scale texture on each of them, and its crest and teeth practically shine. Its paint app is incredibly lifelike, its crest is bright yet the stripes are subtly blended, the black and white coat is well blended and contrasted, its eyes shine with moisture and its teeth look appropriately pearled. But no it isn't the best choice, because there isn't a best choice to begin with!

I know I'm gonna get tarred and feathered for this, but I dearly hope that the pole is for members only, especially in light of the high risk that a certain company might send their Facebook flunkies on a raid again.

It would be nice if the poll results were more 'random'. I agree with what you are saying regarding the Guidraco (other than the all too symmetrical garish crest color patterns). I also think the CollectA Spinosaurus (s) and REBOR Dimorphodon(s) have a good chance of being represented in the polls. I have a feeling the REBOR winter variant Y-rex will not be a 2015 release.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 24, 2015, 12:19:50 AM

It would be nice if the poll results were more 'random'. I agree with what you are saying regarding the Guidraco (other than the all too symmetrical garish crest color patterns). I also think the CollectA Spinosaurus (s) and REBOR Dimorphodon(s) have a good chance of being represented in the polls. I have a feeling the REBOR winter variant Y-rex will not be a 2015 release.
Honestly, I think the Acro will probably be the last major release other than the presumed Prince T-rex around Christmastime.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: utd7 on August 23, 2015, 10:43:40 PM
I agree with you Viking on the Ceratosaurus it is an incredible figure and it's base blows the Acrocanthosaurs' one out of the water in my opinion.

But we will have to see them both live to judge which is the best one and it will surely be close.
The Cerato base is the best so far, however if you include the Acro prey item as part of the diorama, then I think that one wins for me.

I just saw that Guidraco for the first time and I could definitely see why someone would choose that for best of the year. The detail and size are great. I might even order one on Amazon.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Monkeysaurus

I'm not sure if that makes sense, as the WS Nasutoceratops, Sauropelta, Papo Tupuxuara and CollectA Moropus are far more polished figures than the CollectA
This isn't an objective statement though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Rain

And I don't see why the CollectA Guidraco does any less well in terms of details or being "polished" than any REBOR or Safari figure.

Although it's a lovely figure, there's a clear difference in detail. But yes hopefully REBOR and other companies don't ask their facebook fans to throw votes

stargatedalek

A) that is the vastly inferior pre production sample of the Guidraco.
B) no, there really isn't.  As I've already said the Guidraco has amazing detail work, at least on par with any REBOR piece.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: