News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Just heard back from him  ^-^

Payment sent and it'll be shipped ASAP. Some of Dan's prices may be a little higher, but he's a one man operation and has always done right by me. I don't mind giving the "little-guy" a few extra bucks.  ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

empire3569

So I received mine yesterday; the sculpt is fantastic, but I really think the scales take away from it. Luckily it isn't too noticeable unless you are pretty close. Hopefully they won't do this style with future figures

Rain

Quote from: empire3569 on September 21, 2015, 01:57:38 AM
So I received mine yesterday; the sculpt is fantastic, but I really think the scales take away from it. Luckily it isn't too noticeable unless you are pretty close. Hopefully they won't do this style with future figures

Share a few pictures!  ;D

Dan

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dobber

Thanks for the video Dan! ;) looking forward to getting mine this week. Thanks for the great service as always.  8)

Chris

Rain

I don't mind over-sized feet too much as long as it means I can remove the figure from the base. It is kind of off setting but I'd rather large feet than a figure that's glued to a base

empire3569

Quote from: Rain on September 21, 2015, 02:36:02 AM
Quote from: empire3569 on September 21, 2015, 01:57:38 AM

Share a few pictures!  ;D

I will try and post some tonight when I get home if it's not too late

MLMjp

Quote from: Dan on September 21, 2015, 04:44:45 AM
https://youtu.be/RnSzv24g0Ds

The colours look darker in the video. So the lighter orange in jurassic collectables video was due to the lights and not the figure?
Or maybe this one was one of the prototipes?
Empire3569 looking foward to your pictures to clarify this!
Please be like the one in Dan's video.....

Arul

MLMjp, emm i think its all depend on the lighting/camera quality if we see the coloration of the model in video or photo...

Silvanusaurus

Hercules is in stock at Everything Dinosaur now, I just placed my order. It's my first Rebor figure so I'm quite excited to get it.

empire3569

Quote from: MLMjp on September 21, 2015, 03:24:43 PM

The colours look darker in the video. So the lighter orange in jurassic collectables video was due to the lights and not the figure?

Can confirm the actual model is darker like in the video Dan posted. I actually really like the color scheme, it's one of my favorite things about the model. Those scales though  :(

MLMjp

Quote from: empire3569 on September 21, 2015, 08:35:29 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on September 21, 2015, 03:24:43 PM

Can confirm the actual model is darker like in the video Dan posted. I actually really like the color scheme, it's one of my favorite things about the model. Those scales though  :(
GREAT!
Thank you!

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 21, 2015, 05:20:39 PM
Hercules is in stock at Everything Dinosaur now, I just placed my order. It's my first Rebor figure so I'm quite excited to get it.

Congrats! Looking forward to getting one as well very soon.

Quote from: Arul on September 21, 2015, 04:30:55 PM
MLMjp, emm i think its all depend on the lighting/camera quality if we see the coloration of the model in video or photo...

Yes, there are always some differences from sample to sample, but I think this is a case of the lighting being darker in Dan's video.

Quote from: empire3569 on September 21, 2015, 08:35:29 PMCan confirm the actual model is darker like in the video Dan posted. I actually really like the color scheme, it's one of my favorite things about the model. Those scales though  :(

I see quite a few people saying the scales are too big. Can anyone elaborate on why this is?

tyrantqueen

QuoteI see quite a few people saying the scales are too big. Can anyone elaborate on why this is?
The skin impressions we do have for theropods show very fine, pebbly scales. At the size at which the toy has been created, these scales would not have been visible. To be fair, it is a common problem that you see on a lot of sculpts, not just Rebor ones.

This is something I've always liked about the Carnegie line. The skin has wrinkles but you cannot see the individual scales. At the scale at which the toy was created, only the biggest scales would have been visible.

Dobber

I was under the impression that it wasn't necessarily the size of the scales but rather the type of scales...mainly on the legs. They look like a snakes overlapping, spade shaped scales. Makes it look like a dragon or something, IMO. Not a deal breaker or anything, but I noticed it right away as others did.

Chris

empire3569

Yes, I think they are much too large, and I agree, the style makes them look like a snake/dragon. Honestly if I knew someone who could put a thin layer of clay over the figure and sculpt new, smaller, finer scales I would probably do it. I really don't know what rebor was thinking when they chose that style

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 21, 2015, 10:21:23 PM
QuoteI see quite a few people saying the scales are too big. Can anyone elaborate on why this is?
The skin impressions we do have for theropods show very fine, pebbly scales. At the size at which the toy has been created, these scales would not have been visible. To be fair, it is a common problem that you see on a lot of sculpts, not just Rebor ones.

This is something I've always liked about the Carnegie line. The skin has wrinkles but you cannot see the individual scales. At the scale at which the toy was created, only the biggest scales would have been visible.

So will you be getting your first Rebor piece Tyrantqueen ? Or have you decided to pass on this one as well?  :o

Shadowknight1

Well, I got my Acro from Dan's Dinosaurs today and I'm both impressed and slightly hopeful for the other one.  I would like to do a fullblown review for the site once I can get ahold of a good camera.  But here's a quick run down.

Pros: It looks amazing and the color scheme is perfect.  It's definitely the new centerpiece of my collection.  I love how big it is and it stands well both on and off the stand.  In fact, it seems to stand a little better off the stand.

Cons: The mouth seems to be slightly off, but only a little.  There also looks to be a paint blemish on the left leg where the color shifts.  And finally, the third claw on the right hand is visibly blunted.

All in all, it looks great despite some small flaws.  Now, if the other one is better, this one will be going to a good home.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on September 21, 2015, 11:23:03 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 21, 2015, 10:21:23 PM

So will you be getting your first Rebor piece Tyrantqueen ? Or have you decided to pass on this one as well?  :o

I really hope she doesn't pass on an opportunity to own a stunning product because of that...I would love to know Tyrantqueen's in-hand impression of the Acro..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: