News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeysaurus

"Your preorder item(s) have arrived and we have processed your order." This e-mail just came in from BigBadToys! It's finally here! Well sorta. I don't have it yet, but I will in a few days. I'll post pics as soon as it's in my hands.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Shadowknight1

Hopefully Dan's Dinosaurs isn't far behind! ;D  Sooooo excited!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

Arul

Good job shartimus prime !!! Review them please bbts !!  ;D

Arul

This is a story :) i just visit animal toy forum and browsing in google to see some review about papo deers/antelopes (i start collecting animal figures now because after couple year i finally found the seller of papo safari collecta etc animal figures with a cheaper price in shopping mall somewhere in singapore, i will post it when i got them soon). I love deers and antelopes, papo did a great job but unfortunately we can see almost all of papo deers and antelope are oversized feet, little bit dissapointed, i think the most recomended deers and antelopes is from collecta. the point is for me i dont have any problem with this acro i love it ! but for you guys who complaining about his oversized feet, feels like now i know what you guys feeling...   :-\

Shonisaurus

The figure looks fantastic, realistic and highly detailed. The same the Tenontosaurus (housing) observed that has no seam, which is always appreciated in Rebor figures.

Furthermore the problem is offered Figure jaw.
Video is a great hindered to open that part of the toy.

On the other hand I see that it will not be (fingers crossed) stability problems as the previous figures, as well Rebor announced.

Rain

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 16, 2015, 09:14:38 PM
The figure looks fantastic, realistic and highly detailed. The same the Tenontosaurus (housing) observed that has no seam, which is always appreciated in Rebor figures.

Furthermore the problem is offered Figure jaw.
Video is a great hindered to open that part of the toy.

On the other hand I see that it will not be (fingers crossed) stability problems as the previous figures, as well Rebor announced.

Every Rebor figure has that issue, but I wouldn't really call it a problem, just blow over it with a blow dryer and voila, fixed. It's just the paint that dried and stuck the mouth shut, once you manage the get it open, it's completely fine (or at least it has been for me :) ).
Stability is a serious problem of Rebor's though and it's great to see that the Acro can stand on it's own even with the prey in its mouth

Shadowknight1

The wait is killing me!!  Come on Dan's Dinosaurs!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Very nice review JC what a great figure !!! They reviewing the box, edu-card, base, corpse, the model, how it stand with the corpse, and i scream 6 times. Cant wait, come on Adopt-A-Saurus ID !! :P

tyrantqueen

@ Rain

Not meaning to be rude, but you might want to go back and edit your post. We try to avoid cussing on this forum because we have a lot of younger members 8)

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 17, 2015, 01:37:44 AM
@ Rain

Not meaning to be rude, but you might want to go back and edit your post. We try to avoid cussing on this forum because we have a lot of younger members 8)

Uhmmm, I don't see where i cussed ? :o Could you point it out for me?

EDIT: OHHHH, well oops, I meant to say shut  :-X

Arul

Quote from: Rain on September 17, 2015, 01:44:38 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 17, 2015, 01:37:44 AM
@ Rain

Uhmmm, I don't see where i cussed ? :o Could you point it out for me?

EDIT: OHHHH, well oops, I meant to say shut  :-X

Yeeaah i know its just a typo  :D lol

Victoria's Cantina

I'm really liking what I'm seeing of the Acro. I was on the fence about it previously, but I think it's going to be a must-have for me.

Simon

PRO: Its an impressive looking piece, certainly as worth having as any of the previous ones. The skin detail is excellent and the prey "piece" is a nice add-on should one want to pose it in the mouth.  The pose is interesting and natural (unlike the King TRex pose, for example, which is awkward, whether you use the "rock" or a dead Trike as a support).

CON: The feet are noticeably too big, and the head looks a tad small (I know that its skeletally accurate, its just an animal whose sail and the big feet make it LOOK small in comparison).  The teeth as visible in that video don't seem to be as sharp as the TRexes (of course they are much smaller).

Of the releases-to-date, to me it runs a close second to the Ceratosaurus (whose only flaw as I see it is the hypothetical "ridge" along the back)...

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Paleona

I really like the "soulless" look to the eyes, without pupils- definitely gives it an imposing and monster-like look!  The prey accessory makes me kind of sad, haha, but it is cool how the teeth marks line up with the Acro's.  I'm really not digging the giant feet, though I do understand why they're like that- it just doesn't aesthetically appeal to me, so I'll be passing on this big guy.  Looking forward to seeing a more detailed review on the blog, though. :)

Dinomike

This piece looks fantastic! I will be getting this for my birthday if I manage to save up enough money before they all sell out :) I wish the base would be as detailed as the one on Savage but at least there's the gory dino corpse.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DinoG

Run!

empire3569

Hello everyone, first time posting (but I have been lurking for a while). I was very excited about the Acrocanthosaurus, however after watching the review, I really dislike the scales that they used on the Acro; they look to modeled after snakes/agamid lizards like bearded dragons, however I do not feel like they look realistic at all and really take away from the model. So I must ask, what is everyone else's opinion on the scales for Hercules?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: