News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

I noticed that too, kind of like they wee trying to make it look like a Dragon.  Not sure how I feel about it yet, though.  I'll reserve judgment until I have it in hand.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

I'm half tempted to cancel my Dan's Dinosaurs order and order it from BBTS...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Shadowknight1, is that okay if we cancel our pre-order in Dans Dinosaur ?

About the scales, thats the characteristic of rebor model. I think its more like a varanus/monitor lizard scales which is good for analogy between dino and reptile.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Arul on September 18, 2015, 12:08:47 AM
Shadowknight1, is that okay if we cancel our pre-order in Dans Dinosaur ?

About the scales, thats the characteristic of rebor model. I think its more like a varanus/monitor lizard scales which is good for analogy between dino and reptile.
His site says refunds are easily done, so I think the same is true of pre-orders.

Honestly, it's more than just a "BBTS has it in stock and I want it now!" thing, it's also a price thing.  Going with BBTS, I'm saving nearly 20 bucks.

Viking Spawn

I never gone wrong with the BBTS.  That's where I'm buying mine!  I should have this next week!!! 

SirGrooot

I was in love with BBTS, but when I ordered my King T rex, which was my most anticipated purchase ever, I got one that had some pretty severe paint chipping on the front portion of the body. I could ignore some of it since the ideal pose hid them, but even in the best poses it looked like I dropped the model over and over. Now I know this happens, its not the retailer's fault. But I did contact them and they remarked that with the King T Rex this is actually common. I asked them about a replacement and they said they can only offer one replacement and if that one has any defects then I'm out of luck.. and the chances of more paint smears was relatively high.. I was contacted by Everythingdinosaur and they offered to take one out of the box and inspect the model for me, and then provide pics of it. I was startled by their generosity. I followed through and they sent me high quality pics of an IMPECCABLE King T rex model. I ordered it and couldn't be happier to this day.

Shadowknight1

Well, messaged Dan's Dinosaurs to cancel the preorder and ordered on BBTS and it's on its way, should be here Wednesday.  Haven't heard from Dan though.  So excited for this figure!

EDIT: Ugh, it seems to have shipped from Dan's anyways...

Arul

So you will have 2 models ?  :D very good for diorama

Shadowknight1

Well, apparently the messaging system on Dan's website is unreliable.  I should've emailed him instead. :-[

On the bright side, that means I'll have an extra, so I can inspect the models for any defects and keep the best one and find a home for the other! :))

utd7

QuoteOn the bright side, that means I'll have an extra, so I can inspect the models for any defects and keep the best one and find a home for the other! :))

Man we know you are excited for the REBOR Acro but buying two that it just vulgar, no man just kidding enjoy them both ;). Great we have a review now of this beast and some nice fan photos online and it looks stunning as expected and no standing issues so far reported which is great. I pre-ordered mine with Everything Dinosaur from England who informed me that it will be in stock next week possibly Wednesday so really excited for it to finally arrive.

I was really excited for the release of the Utahraptor and even more so for the Ceratosaurus but not as much as the Acro which is one of my favourite dinosaurs and REBOR's looks the business and cannot wait to have it in my collection.
We live in a Jurassic World

MLMjp

Come a bit late here but...
It´s finally here!!!!
The scales look like the ones on snakes but it´s the style of the sculp, on the other hand I´m a bit disappointed that the color was not like the photos, I like the darker orange more than the actual lighter orange but still the result is great, speaking of the big feet they don´t look too oversized as they look on the prototype image, so no problem with that, as long as they don´t look too oversize I can pass it.
I was also wondering how big this guy was going to be an based on Jurassic collectables video It might be in scale with the rest of my collection
And after my little nitpicks.... I LOVE IT! It looks fantastic! Sad thing is that I´m not able to get this guy right now and maybe I will have to wait until chrismas to get it :'(

Shonisaurus

Surely I do not think I am wrong will be the best model Acrocanthosaurus so far by the company Rebor.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 19, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

On the bright side, that means I'll have an extra, so I can inspect the models for any defects and keep the best one and find a home for the other! :))

It's actually a good model to keep a pair of (male and female), the reason being is the neutral pose. You can situate one model, positioned from the left with the mouth agape, and have the second model, positioned from the right with a closed mouth carrying Temnodontosaurus prey in the jaws.

Alternatively, you can merge the two Temnodontosaurus corpses and do some Frankensteinian stuff with it  :o

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 19, 2015, 10:40:58 PM
Surely I do not think I am wrong will be the best model Acrocanthosaurus so far by the company Rebor.

Indeed, it is the best Acrocanthosaurus model made by the company REBOR.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 20, 2015, 12:09:23 AM
It's actually a good model to keep a pair of (male and female), the reason being is the neutral pose. You can situate one model, positioned from the left with the mouth agape, and have the second model, positioned from the right with a closed mouth carrying Temnodontosaurus prey in the jaws.

Alternatively, you can merge the two Temnodontosaurus corpses and do some Frankensteinian stuff with it  :o
While a fantastic idea, I don't quite have the space for a pair of Acros.  Not with a CollectA T. rex and Spinosaurus also on the way.  Also got to keep a space open for the rest of the diorama that goes with Hercules. ;)

Takama

I hope Rebor does not just stick with Dead Animals and Toothy animals. I really want a living Tenotosaurus From them. if they fail to do that i will be ?!$+

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Takama on September 20, 2015, 02:51:31 AM
I hope Rebor does not just stick with Dead Animals and Toothy animals. I really want a living Tenotosaurus From them. if they fail to do that i will be ?!$+
I'm sure they'll have some herbivores in the line up eventually.  I'm kinda looking forward to the Deinonychus pack that'll be the companion piece to Hercules.  I wonder how accurate they'll be.

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 20, 2015, 03:12:23 AM
Quote from: Takama on September 20, 2015, 02:51:31 AM
I'm sure they'll have some herbivores in the line up eventually.  I'm kinda looking forward to the Deinonychus pack that'll be the companion piece to Hercules.  I wonder how accurate they'll be.
1/3 part of corpse for the acro, what the rest of corpse is gonna be ? Yeah...we hope its for the pack of deinonychus (the cerberus clan) :))

Dobber

Hmmm, haven't heard from Dan yet.  :(

He was kind enough to let me preorder it back in Feb with just a deposit instead of a full payment. Just need my invoice to pay the rest.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Dobber on September 20, 2015, 01:04:39 PM
Hmmm, haven't heard from Dan yet.  :(

He was kind enough to let me preorder it back in Feb with just a deposit instead of a full payment. Just need my invoice to pay the rest.

Chris
Email him.  Things are a bit hectic for him right now, so a reminder might be a good idea.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: