News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

someone that just wanted a general dino corpse for a dio would be my guess

Fluffysaurus

Well i think thats because they intended it to be a three piece diorama. And i think there are people who would buy a headless figure. For example Maybe another predator dragged the head away and they put tracks in their diorama. Kind of a mystery. Wow it looks really impressive. This is why i love Rebor so much.

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Viking Spawn

2/3 of the diorama has been revealed and looks amazing!  I'm sure it'll be breathtaking when Act 3 completes it altogether!   :o

empire3569

Act 2 is certainly a very nice, well-detailed piece, but I think I'm going to wait for the deinonychus trio to come out before I pick this one up. If the deinonychus look nice then I'll pick up both, but I think if I don't like them I'm gonna pass on both; personally I really like the acro with just the small prey piece, and don't think the rest of the corpse adds too much if I only have the acro. But as long as the deinonychus trio looks good then I think this will make a stellar diorama!

Fluffysaurus

And now the question is will they be feathered or not? I like both options. One of the hatchling dinosaurs, from the scout series stated that we have seen the father of one of them.

Could one possibly be a baby Deinonychus?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

empire3569

They already said the deinonychus will be fully feathered and scientifically accurate

MLMjp

Quote from: Dinofiel on March 30, 2016, 02:39:04 PM
And now the question is will they be feathered or not? I like both options. One of the hatchling dinosaurs, from the scout series stated that we have seen the father of one of them.

1-I think we should move the discussion to this thread:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4036.msg118220#msg118220

2-In the same thread in the first post:

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 23, 2015, 08:04:35 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 23, 2015, 07:48:55 AM
All I can really say is I hope his works are better" feathered" in the museums of London than they are on the pages of your Facebook posts lol.

Oh Gosh even autocorrection prefers that word... anyway the good news is, 1:35 scientific accurate Deinonychus will be released in future, Utahraptor was a successful experiment, now with better public acceptance of feathered dinosaurs we are ready to move on to the next stage: introducing fully feathered Dromaeosaurus to the public.

3- I think those hatchlings would be the baby of the Utharaptor "Wind hunter"(the feathered one) and the other the baby of their JP Velociraptor "Winston"(The one without feathers). But I could be wrong. Also, given the size of Deinonychus in 1/35(More like 1/30, since their figures are a bit larger to be in the scale they claim) a baby Deinonychus would be extremely tiny!

empire3569

And I think they meant that the Utahraptor was the parent; a 1:35 deinonychus will be about 4", so I highly doubt they would make a baby as it would be too small. Perhaps the other hatchling is from a future large dromaeosaur like dakotaraptor?

Albertosaurus

I hate the fact that the Rebor sculptor has no idea how skin works over muscle. Here you can see the same mistake he made with the fallen queen. The skin on the legs stretches from the belly over the leg muscles to the tail, instead of being around the tight as it is supposed to be. I just can´t stand that. It is basically as if the leg was moving back and forth underneath the skin in a extremely weird way!!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Dinofiel on March 30, 2016, 02:39:04 PM

I'm not expecting them to be overly feathered.  Aren't most hatchlings usually bald?   

DinoG

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 30, 2016, 04:50:00 PM
I hate the fact that the Rebor sculptor has no idea how skin works over muscle. Here you can see the same mistake he made with the fallen queen. The skin on the legs stretches from the belly over the leg muscles to the tail, instead of being around the tight as it is supposed to be. I just can´t stand that. It is basically as if the leg was moving back and forth underneath the skin in a extremely weird way!!
You're right! It looks like it is "wearing" the skin!
Run!

Shonisaurus

The body of tenontosaurus (or what remains of it without the head) looks magnificent. It's a nice figure.

But I would also like an adult Tenontosaurus live and not just young (type Jurassic Park) as the baby stegosaurus and triceratops baby.

Moreover they could try dinosaurs sexual dimorphism as dimorphodones.

On the other hand I agree with other forum members I will wait to arrive velociraptor (trio) and Rebor figures, because otherwise bank transfers become very expensive.

LophoLeeVT

:)) i think one is deinonychus or utahraptor or microraptor.... O:-)
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

As others have already stated, I too am going to wait and see what the Deinonychus trio looks like before buying the Tenontosaurus corpse. And even then, I may just go straight to the Deinonychus trio and skip the corpse. It looks fantastic for what it is, but I'm just not feeling it as a standalone piece. I think Rebor should have held off on giving us the Tenontosaurus head that came with the Acro, as buying the corpse with a removable head would have been a more appealing option. 

Takama

I think they should of included the whole corpse with the Acro from the get go.

Same thing with the Fallen Queen, they should of included that base with the T.Rex from the get go.     It seems to me there a little Greedy like a certain other company that people love to hate.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Takama on March 31, 2016, 07:03:10 AM

Same thing with the Fallen Queen, they should of included that base with the T.Rex from the get go.     It seems to me there a little Greedy like a certain other company that people love to hate.
Yeah, the parceling out of different pieces to make a whole does seem reminiscent of EA.  :))
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 30, 2016, 04:50:00 PM

I only noticed that after reading your comment, now I can't unsee it. It doesn't make any sense, anatomically or aesthetically...  :-\

empire3569

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Takama on March 31, 2016, 07:03:10 AM

If they had, the Acro would have cost quite a bit more. It's easier to coax people into buying multiple items at a lower price point than one at a very high one... especially when they need the other two to complete the diorama.

Viking Spawn

I got mine on order.  And great job on your latest review Victoria!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: