News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Dimorphodon Male and Female: "Punch" and "Judy"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Dimorphodon Male and Female, "Punch" and "Judy"
Each model sold separately. Male is in a grounded pose. Female is in a flight pose and is held up by a 20cm steel rod that connects to her base. Both male and female have articulated jaws. Male's base can be placed on the female's base to combine the two dioramas. Prey item included with the female. Female is smaller than the male.
Scale: 1/6
Tease Image Release Date: Male: 06/15/15, Female: 07/23/15
Black and White Image Release Date: Male: 06/25/15, Female: 10/03/15
Color Image Release Date: Male: 12/30/15, Female: 12/31/15
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: Late January, 2016 (Rebor)

Comes with a Base: Male: Yes: Tree Log, Female: Yes: Earthen Base
Accessories/Extras: "Prehistoric lizard" prey item included with female model. Lizard is removable from the base.

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Dimorphodon Male and Female models, "Punch" and "Judy". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

06/15/15:
QuoteFB User: Isn't it too small for 1/35 scale ??
Rebor: It's in 1:6 scale :)

06/19/15:
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 04:07:28 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 19, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
Regardless of what they think in the debate. I just wanted to ask a question when will release online images and dimorphodon Acrocanthosaurus awaited?

At least to whet your appetite, it's frustrating that Rebor delay in publishing the finished images and Acrocanthosaurus with dam and dimorphodon. I'm really anxious to see those figures although not yet comercializen.

Sorry about the delay, we are still working on these projects, collectors might able to see the coloured images of Hercules by the end of this month. The prototype of Dimorphodon is still under development but will be finished by the end of next week :)

06/25/15
QuoteThis is what we call "a combination of hardcore style scientific accuracy and eye-pleasing awesomeness of old school monster art", it's a win-win situation :)

QuoteFB User: Articulated jaw??? The teaser had the mouth open
Rebor: Yes :)

QuoteFB User: I still prefer 100% accuracy but this is cool
Rebor: We 3D printed a 1:6 scale Dimorphodon skeleton and built the muscle structures around it by using bats and reptiles as references, we can even publish a paper to talk about the accuracy if we have time :)

QuoteFB User: Great Pterosaur piece after Sideshow Tupuxuara. The dead wood base is awesome idea. Surely it will coming straight to my shelf !
Is it PVC or Polystone ?
Rebor: PVC figurine + Polystone base, REBOR style :)

07/23/15:
QuoteFB User: Amazing! Will they be sold as a set?
Rebor: sold separately :)

10/03/15:
QuoteThe female dimorphodon, her prey and the base

The combined diorama looks even better than expected

The prey is hiding under the branch, yeah like that gonna work, oh poor lizard you are already dead, collectors will take lots of photos of you being eaten by other dinosaurs, just like what they did with the poor Tenontosaurus ;)

12/29/15:
QuoteWe got some brilliant stuff coming tomorrow, stay tuned!

12/30/15:
QuoteFinally the long wait is over, proudly introducing REBOR 1:6 Male Dimorphodon macronyx Museum Class Replica "Punch" with articulated lower jaw and removable base. The wife "Judy" will meet you guys tomorrow!

QuoteFB User: So there are 2 versions. Cant wait to get my hands on them
Rebor: Their bases bases can be combined together to form a larger diorama :)

12/21/15:
QuoteREBOR 1:6 Female Dimorphodon macronyx Museum Class Replica "Judy" with articulated lower jaw, a 20cm steel rod, a removable base and a small yet highly detailed prehistoric lizard as her prey. Judy is smaller than Punch in size, there is also a slight difference in colour scheme between them.

QuoteYou have met Punch, you have met Judy, Now behold the combined diorama in its full glory! Simply drop the Punch's base onto Judy's base, and wa lah! There you have it, a display piece that good enough to enter any museum and now you can have it on your desk, how cool is that! The lizard is hiding somewhere, can you spot it? You can also put it inside their mouths, lots of display options are waiting for you to find out!

QuoteFB User: When will they be available in the UK?
Rebor: Late January :)

01/20/16:
QuoteBy the way if you put the log on the base of Judy, you can combine the two sets together to form a diorama, and that little lizard can now hide under the log!

Tease Image, Male (06/15/15):

Black and White Image, Male (06/25/15):

Tease Image, Female and Lizard-Like Prey Item(07/23/15):

Tease Image, Combination of Both Dioramas: Male and His Base Placed on Top of Female's Base (07/23/15):

Black and White Image, Female (10/03/15):

Black and White Image, Female and Male with Their Bases Combined (10/03/15):

Color Image. Prey item, part of female and male's bases, part of male. (Note: Potentially not reflecting final colors.) (10/03/15):

Box Designs (12/29/15):

Official Color Images of the Male, "Punch" (12/30/15):

Official Color Images of the Female, "Judy" and Prey Item (12/31/15):

Official Color Image of the Two Sets Combined into One Diorama (12/31/15):

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Yeah, i hope its gonna be male and female dimorphodon and they have different coloration and gesture  :)

Roselaar

Very nice! Finally something other than a Theropod dinosaur (not that there's anything wrong with those, but diversity is always a good thing).

Viking Spawn

I'm happy to see another hinged jaw with this one.  I also wonder if the wings will be removable like with their Utahraptor so we can pose them differently.  It would also be cool if Rebor provided it with another prey animal like a fish or a large insect (dragonfly?). 

stargatedalek

It definitely looks very nice and it seems to be the first truly accurate REBOR piece, but wait bats? I'm very glad they didn't base it's wings on a bat because that would have been like something out of LOTR. :P

A dragonfly would be a really neat accessory. A fish would be cool but not in line with what we know of dimorphodon's feeding.

Where is the confirmation that this is a male?

joossa

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 19, 2015, 05:59:46 PM
Where is the confirmation that this is a male?
Dan's Dinosaurs pre-order lists this model as a male and IIRC, he has gotten previews and info directly from Rebor before it becomes public, so I'm going with that for now.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shonisaurus

When the figure of dimorphodon Rebor be revealed with all its colors.

I'm interested in seeing is discharged. Moreover it is not known if it can draw the figure of the branch.

Viking Spawn

Dan's Dinos has this listed as $39.99.  That's not too bad.  I wonder what BBTS will price this?

Fluffysaurus

This is one piece i look forward to. Wonder what pose the female Will have. Rebor please make more Pterosaurs. I love pteros!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Arul

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 20, 2015, 03:08:23 AM
Dan's Dinos has this listed as $39.99.  That's not too bad.  I wonder what BBTS will price this?

Well thats a good price  :D

reinier zwanink

Good model
good price
I cant wait for it

Halichoeres

Joossa, props again for going to the trouble of making all these figure-specific threads for reference. I have to say that this is the most appealing offering I've seen yet from Rebor (well, appealing to me).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

My definite highlight in REBOR's collection so far :D! Can't wait!

Fluffysaurus

And now the colour version of this beauty! Hope it will appear soon.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

gfxtwin

Rad!  Definitely buying this at some point.

Shonisaurus

I think the beauty of Rebor buy when it will be available in online stores.

ZaZZU2

COOL! ;D Looks like it has a prey accessory like the Acro! This is the female figure I think...  :)

Alex-DinoFood

Pachyrhinosaurus

There was an accuracy issue (namely the hands) that bothered me on the first one but it looks like the new one does not have that issue and is in a more attractive pose. I might buy my first Rebor soon...
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: