You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Dead Triceratops: "The Fallen Queen"

Started by joossa, July 22, 2015, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Erwinonychus on October 16, 2015, 10:23:22 AM
Quote from: Takama on October 16, 2015, 06:59:16 AM
Or how about a Deluxe back, that includes the T.Rex with the base it should of came with in the first place.

I would love to see there take on other Ceratopsians.   I hope there full models and not just busts.   I Suggested they make a Protoceratops in 1:6 scale like there Dimorphodon

There Protoceratops is gonna be in a 1:35 scale, according to their reaction on FB.

Hopefully this means we'll get 1:35 velociraptor(s) as well.

On topic:
Great model and a really great addition to my King T-rex. Also the (expected) price is good for what you get.

Off topic:
They gave us a new sneak preview of their next project:

They sure love the hatchlings don't they?!   I think that is without a doubt a baby T-Rex!  I assume it will be another LE holiday piece.

Viking Spawn

Oops.  Didn't see the other new thread.  It is indeed the "Prince" belonging to Rebor's royal tyrant family!  >:D

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on October 16, 2015, 04:26:50 PM
I thought it was pretty well established that the skulls of tyrannosaurs, or at least of Tyrannosaurus, were shallower and more narrow as juveniles?

None of their LE models are meant to be accurate.

Dobber

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 16, 2015, 11:46:12 PM
I thought it was pretty well established that the skulls of tyrannosaurs, or at least of Tyrannosaurus, were shallower and more narrow as juveniles?

I edited your post. :P

Seriously though, has Rebor said they are intentionally making their hatchlings inaccurate?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Erwinonychus on October 16, 2015, 10:23:22 AM
Quote from: Takama on October 16, 2015, 06:59:16 AM
Or how about a Deluxe back, that includes the T.Rex with the base it should of came with in the first place.

I would love to see there take on other Ceratopsians.   I hope there full models and not just busts.   I Suggested they make a Protoceratops in 1:6 scale like there Dimorphodon

There Protoceratops is gonna be in a 1:35 scale, according to their reaction on FB.

Hopefully this means we'll get 1:35 velociraptor(s) as well.

On topic:
Great model and a really great addition to my King T-rex. Also the (expected) price is good for what you get.

Off topic:
They gave us a new sneak preview of their next project:

It's Buddy from Dinosaur Train! ;) Next they need to do a cute green pteranodon with cartoon bat wings.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

utd7

I really like this 'Fallen Queen' piece, it has grown on me as I wasn't too keen when it was announced but will definately buy this along with the King T-Rex around Christmas time and really looking forward to King Trident.

With regards to REBOR's comments about the future of Ceratopsian figures I just hope they don't make just head busts (which is cool though) but I prefer a full REBOR model with the base than just a head bust. As always very lloking forward to next year for what they have planned which according to what they are saying will be just as good or even better than this year.
We live in a Jurassic World

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dobber on October 17, 2015, 10:40:06 AM

Seriously though, has Rebor said they are intentionally making their hatchlings inaccurate?

Chris

Reborn in his day when he was at the forum, he said the polyresin dinosaur eggs were made inaccurately on purpose.

It is the philosophy of Rebor regarding limited baby dinosaurs.

joossa

Quote from: Dobber on October 17, 2015, 10:40:06 AM

Chris
Not all of their hatchlings... not explicitly, anyway. They have mentioned the raptors were made as a nod to Jurassic Park. Given how they said the same about their King T-Rex, I'm not surprised they may not be aiming for accuracy in the Prince.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

King T-rex and Jr. are not meant to be accurate.

...Queen T-rex, on the other hand... :P

LophoLeeVT

but the euplo hatchling was accurate, wasnt it?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Takama

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 18, 2015, 05:23:28 AM

Is there any Confirmation that this so called Q.Rex will be based less on JP. and more on the actual creature?

joossa

Quote from: Takama on October 18, 2015, 06:33:35 AM

Is there any Confirmation that this so called Q.Rex will be based less on JP. and more on the actual creature?

There is no confirmation on a Queen Rex at all.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Rain

Quote from: Takama on October 18, 2015, 06:33:35 AM

I don't think they'd make the same mistake twice   ;)

CityRaptor

Wishfull thinking on your part?

So if Daddy is Jurassic Park and Junior is Dinosaur Train, what is Mommy?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rain

The land before time!  :))

Jokes aside, I hope their Queen will be like their Cerato or Acro(excluding the whole standing issues thing!)

Viking Spawn

If a queen is made, I hope this new model will be able to stand up on its own with or without the support of a base. 

Kovu

Not to be negative, but does anyone else see a potential pattern between their Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops?

"King" Rex and "King" Trident are facing off.
"Prince" Rex and "Jolly" Triceratops are later in the year/Christmas-esque releases.
"Queen" Triceratops is a corpse...
Is there a possibility that a "Queen" Rex would be a little less... animated... then we'd prefer?

Just food for thought... I hope I'm wrong, but, there does seem to be a pattern between these two species and how Rebor approaches them.
That being said, I don't have a vested interest in Rebor or their products. A bit too expensive for a grad student's budget...

Rain

Oh man that'd suck. Although it'd be refreshing to see a dead theropod figure I still think it'd be wasted potential

TJ_Terrorsaur

Rebor did mention that Trident would be getting some sort of revenge...so perhaps a Queen for a Queen?

Erwinonychus

I'll hope King Trident will be inspired by pics like this
In that case I think it's gonna be an awesome diorama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: