News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich 2016 speculation

Started by Takama, September 20, 2015, 07:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

What if its not another Spinosaurus, but a new Baryonyx?! I'd be excited for that, even from schleich. They could release one to compete with the Papo one that was supposedly in the works. I'm just throwing it out there...

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 26, 2015, 01:04:19 PM
Again, your new topic and title is misleading - it implies it is an announcement but for anyone reading it just leads to more speculation. I will merge it with the other speculation thread. Only create "New for" threads when there is information to go with it, thanks :)

I started it because I could not find this thread.     

I know whats coming, but i cant say what. (Im already risking myself with the hints)

Takama

tanystropheus

I hope they make a somewhat smaller, repainted Shonisaurus w/o the dorsal fin.

Takama

There is Prehistoric Marine life coming next year. but as far as i can tell Shonisaurus is not among them. (I only know about the January Items, anything that comes in the summer is unknown to me, maybe Shonisaurus will be a part of the summer line up)   

CityRaptor

Is any marine life a remake? They had Kronosaurus and Elasmosaurus, too. And Mosasaurus if we count the time they distributed the Carnegie Collection.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Like this year 2016 will make a elasmosaurus.It can be generally in dinosaur toy factories plesiosauroid year and mosasauroideos?

I say this for two logical reasons. There is a drought in terms plesiosauroid such as elasmosaurus, hydrotherosaurus, plesiosaurus of a respectable size. Moreover the film Jurassic Word of this year would not be surprising that the company would make the famous toy mosaurus or another of his family.

DinoG

I bet soon we will start to receive reliable info about 2016 releases...
Run!

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 29, 2015, 11:21:04 AM
Is any marine life a remake? They had Kronosaurus and Elasmosaurus, too. And Mosasaurus if we count the time they distributed the Carnegie Collection.

As far as i know, the remakes are Dinosaurs, not marine animals.    Two of the New Models are Paleozoic cretures

CityRaptor

Paleozoic? Unless they happen to be the same as the marine animals, I guess one of them will be Dimetrodon.
Oh no

Halichoeres

Well, now you have my attention. Shleich has never done anything Paleozoic before, have they? And only a couple of Triassic things (Desmatosuchus, Shonisaurus). I have a sinking feeling that it will be Dimetrodon and Dunkleosteus, but I hope I'm wrong. I would like to see something that someone else (Favorite, Safari) isn't already doing better.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I'd like one estemmosuchus and Moschops are Paleozoic animals that fascinate me.

CityRaptor

Well, Schleich had a Dimetrodon when they distributed the Carnegie Collection. They also made a plush toy of it.
http://www.schleichtiersammler.de/images/schleich15703dimetrodon_579.jpg
Oh no

Sim

Did Schleich really distribute the Carnegie Collection at one point?  From what I've seen it appears Safari has always distributed it, with Bullyland doing the tooling for the original run?: http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/carnegieSafariAB.html

CityRaptor

They distributed it in Europe. That is why you can find figures labeled "Schleich Carnegie" on eBay. Some people apparently think it was longer as also later Carnegies are sometimes labeled Schleich.
Oh no

Sim

CityRaptor

Most of the plush animals they produced in 1994 also look a lot like the Carnegies, despite them splitting in 1993:
http://www.schleichtiersammler.de/00000093100baed23/01fe409c2e13d549e/index.html

The selection of Replicasaurus models was at first also clearly inspired by Carnegie:
http://www.schleichtiersammler.de/00000093100baed23/01fe409c2e139385e/01fe409c2e1395660/index.html
Oh no

Takama

Someone here got the two Paleozoic animals correct.   One is land dwelling, the other is from the sea

CityRaptor

Well, that means that the aquatic one is Dunkleosteus, as it was the only one named that is aquatic and paleozoic.

The others named were Dimetrodon ( like Dunkleosteus named by Halicocheres.....and also by myself ), Estemmenosuchus and Moshops.

I think it will be Dimetrodon.
Oh no

Halichoeres

Welp, I'd say that's disappointing, but probably par for the course for Schleich. Hopefully there's at least one stunner like the Kentrosaurus this year, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: