News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich 2016 speculation

Started by Takama, September 20, 2015, 07:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok I do not know whats coming out next year, but i heard a rumor that there will be more micro dinosaurs,

Beyond that, i have no clue

Paleona

Shouldn't threads in the "New for 2016" section be reserved for when we have actual confirmed news/pictures?  I clicked on this thinking there was information on new models...  :-\

sauroid

Schleich micros? expect more small ugly misshapen overpriced figures. what im looking forward to is their singular likable figure along the lines of the previous years' Pentaceratops and Kentrosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

I remain especially with the kentrosaurus it's great, because the pentaceratops has its lights and shadows, especially the hooves.

As for dinosaurs micros I prefer Safari or Collecta.

Takama

Quote from: Paleona on September 20, 2015, 08:06:53 PM
Shouldn't threads in the "New for 2016" section be reserved for when we have actual confirmed news/pictures?  I clicked on this thinking there was information on new models...  :-\

Oh im sorry.  I should of known.  :-[

MLMjp

Quote from: sauroid on September 20, 2015, 08:27:59 PM
Schleich micros? expect more small ugly misshapen overpriced figures. what im looking forward to is their singular likable figure along the lines of the previous years' Pentaceratops and Kentrosaurus.

I second this statement

DinoToyForum

I locked this topic (and will move and rename it) because this sub-forum is the place for announcements, not speculation. That's what the general section is for, so that's where I'll move this thread. :)

DinoToyForum

Ok, renamed and moved topic, so also unlocked to allow speculation to continue.

Takama

Ok I got Access to what is coming out next year by this company. Beyond that, i cannot disclose anything as of yet.

My only hints is Something Fishy might be out this January from them, and Two of the models are Remakes of models they made in the past

ChubbyTaco

Turret

Fishy? hmmm ... Can you tell us how many figures they intend to release next year?

Takama

Quote from: Turret on September 26, 2015, 07:28:24 AM
Fishy? hmmm ... Can you tell us how many figures they intend to release next year?

Answer is many, they have multiple lines now.   I expect there to be new additions to all three of there Dinosaur lines (Micro, Small, World of History)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 26, 2015, 09:28:57 AM
Fishy? Remake? Shonisaurus?

A Shonisaurus would be great considering they did one of his best figures in the past to be exact if I am not mistaken in 2005.

Although it is not ruled out an umpteenth version of Spinosaurus with your new look now been discovered off the market or perhaps his grim and ugly giganotosaurus.

MLMjp

I guess their remakes could be carnotaurus, allosaurus, or triceratops. Either carnivores or a "cool" looking herbivore
About that fishy figure...a marine reptile? A prehistoric shark? Dunkleosteus? Another spino(refernce to scott hartman: there's something fishy about spinosaurus)????

DinoToyForum

Again, your new topic and title is misleading - it implies it is an announcement but for anyone reading it just leads to more speculation. I will merge it with the other speculation thread. Only create "New for" threads when there is information to go with it, thanks :)

stargatedalek

I expect Schleich to make a few good figures, put them all in really expensive sets, and add more hideous monsters to their main line.

sauroid

fishy? maney? im guessing it's a Coelacanth, Dunkleosteus or C. megalodon. and oh no, not another Spinosaurus from them! *knocks on wood (HARD)*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on September 26, 2015, 02:43:19 PM
fishy? maney? im guessing it's a Coelacanth, Dunkleosteus or C. megalodon. and oh no, not another Spinosaurus from them! *knocks on wood (HARD)*

I'll bet you're right. It'll probably be another gray C. megalodon. If it were a coelacanth, it would at least have a chance at being good--they make some pretty nice extant stuff.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

123hellobgbg

I expect schleich to atleast make 85% accurate dinosaurs. They have quality but not accuracy ):

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: