News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

Just wanted to bring it to every ones attention that amazon has the rainbow raptor....Maybe y'all knew that but i sure didn't  :-X :-X :-X

teddybier

Papo Baryonyx is in! And the jaws open into ludicrous mode:

I like the model. Yes, it is glossy, but less than the dilophosaurus, and also less annoying. Head is very detailed, body is less well detailed (mainly due to the paint). Truely bipedal, although flips over easily. I'll post more photo's in my collection thread soon.

Also I asked again the dinosaur-shop-lady about the other Papo's, since none of them were available in her webshop as promised. She replied with: 'sorry on website tomorrow stock depleted kind regards'. So ehm, tomorrow again? Soon maybe.

A Papo booklet was added to the Bary, anyone interested in pictures of that?

Viking Spawn

Papo booklet?  Sure, let's sees it please! 

Saurox

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 28, 2016, 03:04:52 PM
Depsite not minding the pose of the Baryonyx, the longer I looked at it, the less appealing it looked to me... I'm all for dynamism in dinosaur figures, but it just kind of looks really odd to me when placed on a shelf with other figures. So i decided to try and do something about it, and after some hot and cold water, I bent the angles of the legs, and now it's in a much more natural horizontal pose, that personally I think looks more dynamic, as though he's stalking something intently... The compromise is that he doesn't stand up now without support, but that's pretty easy to work around, he only needs something propping him up under the hand or stomach, and I think it was well worth it...

The best thing is, it was incredibly easy and took less than 5 minutes, and there was no concern about trying to resculpt anything to match the existing details! Anyway, I'm so much happier with how he looks now!  8)
Still thinking about whether to repaint him or not.

He still looks like he's squatting on a toilet but I do prefer your version over Papo's. If I do pick one, I'm totally following your lead, brotha!
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Halichoeres

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 01, 2016, 03:32:13 AM
The glossiness of the figure does not bother me that much, Baryonyx must have spent quite some time fishing in rivers, so maybe the wet look was given on purpose? On that matter, are there any good fish models to give this animal some food?
I wish! The Hybodus from Safari's prehistoric sharks toob is roughly to scale and at least lived around the same time. The Cretoxyrhina from the same toob lived somewhat later and would be a little small or a juvenile. The Kaiyodo Axelrodichthys is too large but lived within ten million years or so of the same time. There aren't many prehistoric fish figures, and the ones that exist tend to be Devonian.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

teddybier

Dino-shop-lady emailed again, apparently she was mistaken about the Papo's. So my apologies for getting you psyched for the feathered raptor etc. I will post pictures of the booklet tonight!

teddybier

Saurox

I can't wait for the next release, anyone have any idea what it is and when it comes out?

Viking Spawn

Thanks for the catalog pics!  I want the running Rainbow Rex the most!!!

Victoria's Cantina

Very nice to see the catalogue photos. I do sometimes wonder why Papo doesn't just repaint the entire line every few years. They'd keep things fresh and get people coming back for more. I know I wouldn't mind seeing a new paint scheme for the Spinosaurus, Parasaurolophus, or Brachiosaurus.

CityRaptor

That would be rather expensive. But useful for herd building.

And again, I think the kid with the mask has something shamanistic about him ( unlike the other kids, which just look like kids wearing masks ). Probably the mask rather than the kid himself.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Saurox

Quote from: Victoria B on March 02, 2016, 07:03:50 AM
Very nice to see the catalogue photos. I do sometimes wonder why Papo doesn't just repaint the entire line every few years. They'd keep things fresh and get people coming back for more. I know I wouldn't mind seeing a new paint scheme for the Spinosaurus, Parasaurolophus, or Brachiosaurus.

I would love to see more repaints. A trike repaints is way over due.

dragon53

I saw an old Youtube video by a kid who gave a good review of a Papo dinosaur in which he also said the Papo catalog said it was discontinuing the glossy finishes. If i remember correctly, the video was several years ago, so the glossy finish on Baryonyx is disappointing.

Saurox

Still no news on the feathered raptor  :-[

I really want to inspect it up close. 

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Victoria B on March 02, 2016, 07:03:50 AM

I feel you. Hopefully sales of the newly painted Rexes and raptors spur them into action.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

suspsy

I'd probably buy a repainted Triceratops if they did one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dobber

Has Papo ever made any other official repaint reissues besides the Rex's and Velocirators? I'm not counting the  variations that happen when the paint changes slightly due to whatever reason that seems to happen. I'd love an Allosaurus reissue with better coloring as all the Allosaurus's that I have owned or seen in person have lousy paint apps compaired to the early releases.  :(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

CityRaptor

Yes, there are repaints of the Mini Dinosaurs.  I think they should be in the catalogue, too, but with the other Minis rather than their counterparts.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dobber

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 05, 2016, 11:48:19 PM
Yes, there are repaints of the Mini Dinosaurs.  I think they should be in the catalogue, too, but with the other Minis rather than their counterparts.

Hmm, I forgot about the mini's. I was thinking more about the full sized figures.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: