News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I have to hand it to Schleich for picking a sauropod as obscure as Barapasaurus. That said, I certainly won't be buying it or any other Schleich merchandise.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DC

I am surprised.  it has been years since Schleich did anything outside the box.  They use to bring out some different figures like Desmatosuchus or Shonisaurus.  Recently it seems to be endless reruns of the same animals in the same style. I hope this is a sign of a change.  The best sellers for Schleich last year were Giganotosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus.   I always found the sauropods their strongest models.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Pachyrhinosaurus

I just saw this at STS:
http://www.odufroehliche.de/schleich-adventskalender-2016-pferde-dinosaurier-bayala/schleich-adventskalender-dinosaurier-2016-inhalt-odufroehliche-de/
Last year's exclusive figures were released this year in different sets so I would not be surprised if that is the case next time.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

Yes, that's how Schleich works.

And no Schleich, repainting that terrible Raptor into RaptorRed won't make it better. Of course I still expect their customers to buy it anyways. They don't want realism, they want a brand name....

Best part of that set seems to be the Ammonites. Those have to be the only ones that are both in scale to portray one of the average size species and not be attached to an Ichthyosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

I need those ammonites, but the others...  :o never

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dilopho

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 11, 2016, 07:03:24 PM

I need those ammonites, but the others...  :o never
I like them all. It just depends what the price is for the calender.

Halichoeres

So are the frog and fish the same as the ones included in the forthcoming volcano set? I can't tell just eyeballing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Saw the new Dilophosaurus and Dimetrodon up close today. The former is just bad, but the latter wasn't as awful as I feared from the pic, despite ripping off Papo's. It kinda felt like an odd mix between the old Bullyland Dimetrodon and the Papo figure.

terrorchicken

what is with that random stegosaurus skeleton appearing in all these sets?

CityRaptor

Just Schleich milking their molds. It's also the third re-use of the Tyrannosaurus hatchling ( also in Cave Set & Tyrannosaurus Hunt Set ) and Skull ( also in Tyrannosaurus Hunt Set & Velociraptor Hunt Set ) and third color for the Compsognathus ( first & second are also in the Velociraptor Hunt Set ), the "Velociraptor" is a repaint of the one available alone or in the Velociraptor Hunt Set.  The plants are in many Schleich sets and the egg is in several sets, too. So yes, the Ammonites are the only things that are actually new in the sense of neither being a repaint ( Raptor, Compsognathus, frog ) or straight re-use ( everything else )

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 11, 2016, 07:48:42 PM
So are the frog and fish the same as the ones included in the forthcoming volcano set? I can't tell just eyeballing.

The Frog is apparently a repaint, since it is considered exclusive. Exclusive = Repaint.

Quote from: Roselaar on February 11, 2016, 08:20:19 PM
Saw the new Dilophosaurus and Dimetrodon up close today. The former is just bad, but the latter wasn't as awful as I feared from the pic, despite ripping off Papo's. It kinda felt like an odd mix between the old Bullyland Dimetrodon and the Papo figure.

I think it looks terrible. According to the Schleich catalogue I got in a store, it is also not a Dinosaur ( which is true ), but a Reptile ( which is wrong ). Said catalogue also claims that the spines of Spinosaurus are at minimum 1,70 m long...at MINIMUM!
Oh no

Mauro "Raptor86"

When the Advent Calendar is supposed to be released? I am quite intrigued by it...

stargatedalek

Rather intrigued, the calendar, Dunkleosteus, and volcano will probably be the only Schleich extinct products I buy for some time.

terrorchicken

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 11, 2016, 10:41:37 PM
Just Schleich milking their molds. It's also the third re-use of the Tyrannosaurus hatchling ( also in Cave Set & Tyrannosaurus Hunt Set ) and Skull ( also in Tyrannosaurus Hunt Set & Velociraptor Hunt Set ) and third color for the Compsognathus ( first & second are also in the Velociraptor Hunt Set ), the "Velociraptor" is a repaint of the one available alone or in the Velociraptor Hunt Set.  The plants are in many Schleich sets and the egg is in several sets, too. So yes, the Ammonites are the only things that are actually new in the sense of neither being a repaint ( Raptor, Compsognathus, frog ) or straight re-use ( everything else )

yeah but why is there an intact stegosaurus skeleton just hanging out with the living animals? doesnt Schleich realize how ridiculous that is? :P I'm sure even kids see that and think its dumb. ::) Unless you can take the skeleton apart then you can use it for the scattered remains of a carcass or something.

stoneage

What does advent have to do with dinosaurs?

CityRaptor

Technically nothing. It is however common to have advent calenders as a countdown to Christmas. They have 24 windows, with the 24th usually being the largest.  Here in Germany the most common have chocolated behind each window, but there are also those with toys or other things inside, depending on the price and theme.

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 13, 2016, 12:20:31 AM
yeah but why is there an intact stegosaurus skeleton just hanging out with the living animals? doesnt Schleich realize how ridiculous that is? :P I'm sure even kids see that and think its dumb. ::) Unless you can take the skeleton apart then you can use it for the scattered remains of a carcass or something.

Not only that, but it is also always packed with Cretaceous Dinosaurs...Given that it has to fit into the calendar, I can see it being in parts, hidden behind several windows. Otherwise there would not be enough items to hind behind 24 windows.  I bet the Raptor is behind the 24th window.
Oh no

Jetoar

Ammonites look really nice  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

LophoLeeVT

I wanna have this set but in korea schleich is ridiculously rare and we dont have any advent calendars in korea.ugh.........
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

MLMjp

Quote from: raptor64870 on February 13, 2016, 02:46:11 PM
I wanna have this set but in korea schleich is ridiculously rare and we dont have any advent calendars in korea.ugh.........

I can see a lot of members dreaming about living in Korea so they can no longer see schleich figures >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

postsaurischian

Quote from: MLMjp on February 13, 2016, 02:49:48 PM
I can see a lot of members dreaming about living in Korea so they can no longer see schleich figures >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

???  ... the discussion is getting rather childish.
You obviously have no idea what's going on in Korea.

Dilopho

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 13, 2016, 08:47:06 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 13, 2016, 02:49:48 PM

???  ... the discussion is getting rather childish.
You obviously have no idea what's going on in Korea.
:-[

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: