News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 13, 2016, 08:47:06 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 13, 2016, 02:49:48 PM
I can see a lot of members dreaming about living in Korea so they can no longer see schleich figures >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

???  ... the discussion is getting rather childish.
You obviously have no idea what's going on in Korea.
I'm fairly certain that raptor64870 lives in South Korea.

Appalachiosaurus

That would make a lot of sense, given that North Korea doesn't have international internet.

MLMjp

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 13, 2016, 09:25:38 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 13, 2016, 08:47:06 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 13, 2016, 02:49:48 PM
I can see a lot of members dreaming about living in Korea so they can no longer see schleich figures >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

???  ... the discussion is getting rather childish.
You obviously have no idea what's going on in Korea.
I'm fairly certain that raptor64870 lives in South Korea.

I was OBVIOUSLY referring to South Korea

I absolutely know what´s going on on North Korea >:(

It was just a joke, given the fact that a lot of members will like to see less schleich on the stores.

tyrantqueen

South Korea is the best Korea 8)

LophoLeeVT

Well......eh.....that is not the point...
What is was trying to say is that thare are no schleich nor other models.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

sauroid

Quote from: raptor64870 on February 14, 2016, 10:54:26 AM
Well......eh.....that is not the point...
What is was trying to say is that thare are no schleich nor other models.
seriously? to think that S. Korea is becoming a first world country, and still no major brands to buy in toy outlets. is it expensive to import from Japan? just curious.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

In short repainting velociraptor and ammonites Schleich will be marketed only in South Korea.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's stock of the first of the new for 2016 Schleich models (Dimetrodon and Dilophosaurus) have arrived along with three of the four landscape puzzle and model sets.  Here is the link to the article about the new stock items: New Schleich in Stock

The "Waterhole" landscape also includes the new Ichthyosaurus and Mosasaurus minis, these are not available to buy as individual models, they are only available in the set.

stoneage

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 14, 2016, 05:23:49 PM
Everything Dinosaur's stock of the first of the new for 2016 Schleich models (Dimetrodon and Dilophosaurus) have arrived along with three of the four landscape puzzle and model sets.  Here is the link to the article about the new stock items: New Schleich in Stock

The "Waterhole" landscape also includes the new Ichthyosaurus and Mosasaurus minis, these are not available to buy as individual models, they are only available in the set.

What are the dimensions of the puzzles?

crankydinosaur

Those Ammonites are great I'm seriously going to buy this for them, that fish though, what exactly is that fish species?

Takama

Some new shots of the Summer models

The Hereasaurus is bigger then we thoght.

CityRaptor

Schleich has no sense of scale.

It is also odd that they hide the Stegosaurus and accesoires from the Volcano Set.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Hhhhhmmmmm.... the Barapasaurus is growing on me, that color scheme is very eye-catching.  :)
Dunkleosteus looks like it´s armor was made of metal, a truly armored fish you could say. ;D >:D I need to see it in person.
That small Saichania. I like it. It has potential to become one of schleich best figures and it seems accurate. And it might not be as small as I thought ^-^
The Herrerasaurus is HUGE :o :o :o  I´m not interested but, why so BIG?
I have already seen better pictures of Dimetrodon and Dilophosaurus, Dimetrodon looks nice but Dilo is awful.
Volcano playset is tempting, However this display does show how really is due to the lack of space to make a diorama with it. Also you can tell just by looking at it that it is going to be freakin´expensive, and the new Stego does not want to show us it´s face :))
The rest are not worth checking out.

This year Schleich is doing a bit better than they usually do. I´m already interested in 4 figures and a playset. :o :o
I only buy from Schleich what is truly worth it (Because we know what everything that is wrong with this company ::)...) and this year´ss stuff shows more potential than usual.

Takama

Well i did a little Internet Digging and i found more Pics

Pachyrhinosaurus

The stegosaurus looks a lot better than I expected. IMO the paint looks like the WWD one. I saw other pictures of the box art and from what I could tell it looked like there is some sort of falling rock action feature.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

is that Stego a new sculpt and will that be available as a separate figure (not in a set)? some figures suffer from the blunted teeth syndrome and theyre fugly (the price to pay for articulated jaws).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

Is it just me or is the Herrerasaurus looking very reminiscent of the old replica-saurus Allosaurus? I kind of like it.

Libraraptor

I´ll probably get myself the Barapasaurus, due to the strange species choice and the more than decent sculpting. Me buying a Schleich!
The other ones, maybe except for the neckless (its only flaw) Dimetrodon, are nothing for me.

CityRaptor

Same here, expect that I have no interest in that Dimetrodon. 

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 19, 2016, 06:31:41 AM
Is it just me or is the Herrerasaurus looking very reminiscent of the old replica-saurus Allosaurus? I kind of like it.

Like I said before, it seems to be based on a model from an exhibition.

Ha, the Rex and the frog have the same colors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

The Herrerasaurus is great from my point of view. Schleich has no defined scale.

Moreover, the Barapasaurus not convince me though I'm buying for being the only one in the market.

The stegosaurus is a carbon copy of kentrosaurus. The Schleich are lazy. Moreover blue tyrannosaurus is in my view quite tacky.

I prefer dimetrodon (I already have) and dunkleosteus. Dilophosaurus is horrible.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: