News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Stegosaurus is not bad and Herrerasaurus is bigger than I espected  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dilopho

joossa

I really hope the Stego becomes available individually.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

pylraster

They could have at least made an attempt to lengthen that tyrannosaur's tail.

crankydinosaur

Do we know what species those Ammonites are suppose to be, and the fish and frog?

Takama

Dilopho

Quote from: Takama on February 20, 2016, 12:03:17 AM

Takama, you have amazing detective skills. First the Therizinosaurus, now the T. rex...both have copied colours from palaeoart. Schleich is Geoworld confirmed?  ;)

Plasticbeast95

I see the resemblance! Sheesh, don't you guys do your own color schemes anymore?

deanm

While I do not disagree with Takama or others on the forum about the similarity, I am putting forth a different thought.

Could it be that there are so many different dinosaur paintings/illustrations that the various colour combinations and patterns that are reasonable have been done. So companies may be doing their own thing but it is perceived as a copy by ourselves?

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that some companies have a proclivity to match illustrations more so than other companies.

Shonisaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on February 20, 2016, 09:41:16 PM

I see the resemblance! Sheesh, don't you guys do your own color schemes anymore?

They probably aren't good at coming up with their own colorations, so they have to use paleoartists ideas... :))
I am the Dinosaur King!

Takama

Quote from: Dilopho on February 19, 2016, 05:18:35 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 19, 2016, 12:04:13 AM

Dilophosaurus has the spinosaurus tag! FAIL!

I have the Dilophosaurus and inside its tag is pictures of other Dinosaurs including that Spinosaurus

Dilopho

Quote from: Takama on February 21, 2016, 05:29:39 AM
I have the Dilophosaurus and inside its tag is pictures of other Dinosaurs including that Spinosaurus
Oh, that makes much more sense!

Sim

In addition to its colour scheme, the Schleich Therizinosaurus has feathers on its lower jaw and tail very similar to what is seen in the Therizinosaurus reconstruction below.

Also, Schleich mini Quetzalcoatlus and Julius Csotonyi's Ornithocheirus:

SBell

Does anyone know when the Dunkleosteus is supposed to come out? It doesn't show up on Shcleich's release sites. I don't know if I actually want it, but I'd at least know when to look for it!

SBell

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 21, 2016, 07:15:14 PM
I believe Dunkleosteus and Herrerasaurus are out in july, Everything Dinosaur and a german online shop linked in this thread gave that release date. I was planning to buy those figures but thinking about what I've learned regarding the company I'm not sure anymore if I want to support them.

Kind of where I'm at--I'm curious to see the Dunk (the CollectA Herrerasaurus is good enough for me), but I dislike Schleich's current direction. And it's not like the Favorite and Safari versions are not already vastly superior.

alexeratops

Quote from: Dilopho on February 20, 2016, 09:38:24 PM

Takama, you have amazing detective skills. First the Therizinosaurus, now the T. rex...both have copied colours from palaeoart. Schleich is Geoworld confirmed? ;)

*X-Files theme plays*
like a bantha!

CityRaptor

It should also be noted that they like REBOR on facebook.

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on February 20, 2016, 09:41:16 PM

Apparently not. But then again, the previous three colors of that figure were a rather undetailed green, a rather undetailed red and a rather undetailed gold, so it seems that if they do markings on figures, they are stolen. Speaking of stolen colors:

Dino Crisis 2 Mosasaurus:

Schleich Mosasaurus:

The colors of the Ichthyosaurus also look familiar.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

laticauda

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 23, 2016, 01:33:17 AM
Schleich's cartoony style fits very well on the minis.

Good point. 

LophoLeeVT

Well my friend and i think the mosa looks like the one from ARK survival evolved i saw gamingbeaver playing ark and i saw the mosa and wow. The look like twins....😉
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: