News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Takama on October 22, 2015, 08:48:36 AM
Its not the only 2016 model i found.

They made some cartoonish Dragons for this new year
"Happy Dragon"?  "Sleepy Dragon"?  "Grumpy Dragon"?  Are these dragons or the Seven Dwarves??
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kovu

That actually would be a pretty cute idea.

Patrx

Merciful heavens, who designs these things? I need to know who to blame for "Happy Dragon" and nightmares that will undoubtedly follow looking into its eyes.

I kinda like the Grumpy Dragon, though.

Concavenator

In my opinion,it's taking too long until Safari does the official release.What's going on?

CityRaptor

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on October 23, 2015, 12:50:10 AM
Quote from: Takama on October 22, 2015, 08:48:36 AM
Its not the only 2016 model i found.

They made some cartoonish Dragons for this new year
"Happy Dragon"?  "Sleepy Dragon"?  "Grumpy Dragon"?  Are these dragons or the Seven Dwarves??

Now I imagine some mixture of Snow White and Daenerys Targaryen living with them...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur can now confirm that one of the new for 2016 models to be introduced by Safari Ltd is Plesiosuchus.  Everyone who guessed metriorhynchid, got it right.  We hope to blog full details soon, post up on Facebook etc.

suspsy

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 23, 2015, 01:45:56 PM
Everything Dinosaur can now confirm that one of the new for 2016 models to be introduced by Safari Ltd is Plesiosuchus.  Everyone who guessed metriorhynchid, got it right.  We hope to blog full details soon, post up on Facebook etc.

I think everyone recognized it as a metriorhynchid immediately. Its actual genus was the real question. Very cool that they went with Plesiosuchus, the big guy of the bunch! I hope I get to review this beastie!

Thanks, ED!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Everything_Dinosaur

You are most welcome, we have just posted the first official pics of the re-painted and re-introduced Doedicurus figure, as we understand the situation, the Amebelodon and the baby Woolly Mammoth will be virtually unchanged from their previous incarnations.

You can see the new Doedicurus version on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page: Our Facebook Page feel free to give our Facebook page a "like"if you have not done so already, that would be greatly appreciated.

Arul

Please give us the high-definition photo of that new figure ED (plesiosuchus), the photo on fb is too blurrred :D

ItsTwentyBelow

Hmm, I'm not sure what is so different about the paint on the Doedicurus. I have the original release and the paint job is identical to this picture. Right down to the sloppy silver paint on each foot. Looks unchanged.

Anyone else realize there is also a sneak peak at the Plesiosuchus on the ED Facebook page? Looks good.

MLMjp

So plesiosuchus is a big guy......good...this means it could be in my scale standar :)
Now I have more interest in this figure

Everything_Dinosaur

Here is the official list of new for 2016 Safari Ltd prehistoric animal models: Plesiosuchus, Masiakasaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Iguanodon, Shunosaurus, plus the re-issue of the Giant Ground Sloth, Doedicurus, Baby Woolly Mammoth and Amebelodon.

We will post up pics on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page and on our blog shortly.

Shonisaurus

It has left a mini video plesiosuchus. Hence the link command.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz3H893IwPw

ItsTwentyBelow

Thanks for the nice treat on my birthday morning  ^-^

Looks like a great figure! Of course, the paint app on the final product is sort of lacking, as always, especially around the teeth, but this figure is certainly going into my collection!

Can't wait until it's available. The ED page said possibly December.

Shonisaurus

Glad you liked the link.

Happy compleanos ItsTwentyBelow.

Sim

New pictures of the 5 new Safari prehistoric figures are on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page!  Thanks for sharing the names and pictures of the new figures, Everything Dinosaur!  So it's Plesiosuchus, the largest known metriorhynchid.  As far as I'm aware this is the first Plesiosuchus toy.  It looks like it's in/roughly 1:40 scale!

Happy birthday ItsTwentyBelow!

suspsy

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 23, 2015, 03:47:05 PM
Here is the official list of new for 2016 Safari Ltd prehistoric animal models: Plesiosuchus, Masiakasaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Iguanodon, Shunosaurus, plus the re-issue of the Giant Ground Sloth, Doedicurus, Baby Woolly Mammoth and Amebelodon.

We will post up pics on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page and on our blog shortly.

So it is Shunosaurus! Awesome! And Iguanodon and Carcharodontosaurus and Masiakasaurus! Fabulous! I want them all!

But it's strange how Safari Ltd claimed there would be six new prehistoric toys on Facebook. A miscommunication?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Everything_Dinosaur

Here is the blog article that provides more details on the four new Safari Ltd dinosaurs plus the Plesiosuchus.  In this article we provide more details including model measurements.  We don't know when Everything Dinosaur will have all these items in stock, we are hoping to get all this sorted by next week.

In the meantime, that article: More Information on New for 2016 Safari Ltd Prehistoric Animals

First models available early December (we think).  Suggest you check out our Facebook page for updates.

CityRaptor

It might have to do with the fact that I recently read the article about it on TF Wiki, but are those gang molded?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

empire3569

I am really liking that carcharodontosaurus; I was not impressed with CollectA's at all. The Iguanodon looks very nice as well

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: