News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Well, actually I was asking because I thought Safari might be using a different artist for their marine animals, like Papo does. I remember you saying that you didn't sculpt the Megalodon, I wondered if the same might have true for the Plesiosuchus. But never mind :)

SpartanSquat

Wait, the new models are avalible now?!

Tyto_Theropod

The Plesiosuchus is. As far as I can see the others are coming later.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on November 14, 2015, 01:46:22 PM

Safari, fortunately is companies that market their figures before and the first to reveal their products next year.

Then I guess you can get these figures no later than March.

Sim

The Plesiosuchus and Doedicurus are available.  The other prehistoric WS figures aren't yet as far as I know.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Sim on November 14, 2015, 03:12:55 PM

The Plesiosuchus and Doedicurus are available.  The other prehistoric WS figures aren't yet as far as I know.

Wow, two of the 2016's are already available?! I must say, Safari has been doing a great job at getting their figures out. They were early last year as well. Maybe CollectA will take notice. ;) I'm still hoping to get their last shipment of 2015's by year's end. :P

And I don't think the Plesiosuchus' paint job is all that bad. It is a bit simple. But I can see with this coloration and pattern, he could then be able to easily lie waiting for unsuspecting prey camouflaged on the sandy bottoms. I also find the stripes to be very neatly applied -- much neater than the overused airbrushed stripes CollectA has on many of their figures. :-X

Doug Watson

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 14, 2015, 10:13:54 AM
Well, actually I was asking because I thought Safari might be using a different artist for their marine animals, like Papo does. I remember you saying that you didn't sculpt the Megalodon, I wondered if the same might have true for the Plesiosuchus. But never mind :)

Well, actually I did answer your question even if my tongue was in my cheek, the Megalodon was the only recent big extinct marine animal that I haven't done since I also did the Dunkleosteus, Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus and now the Plesiosuchus. Now as far as next year is concerned.........

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Doug Watson on November 15, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

Well, actually I did answer your question even if my tongue was in my cheek, the Megalodon was the only recent big extinct marine animal that I haven't done since I also did the Dunkleosteus, Liopleurodon, Elasmosaurus and now the Plesiosuchus. Now as far as next year is concerned.........

Is Safari using an additional sculptor for next year (maybe meaning more models per year)? Could Doug Watson and Forest Rogers be the Dan LoRuso and Greg Wenzel of the 2010s? ;)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2015, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2015, 02:36:20 PM
My Plesiosuchus showed up last night:

Very happy to have this one. It's a great sculpt, but does suffer from a somewhat hurried paint app, which is about what you'd expect for a figure that retails for $10 or less. I'd pay twice the price if these were painted more carefully. As it is, well worth it for the sculpt alone (and a new genus!).
Interesting. Yeah, Safari's paint up is something that they need to improve on. So many of their figures are ruined by poor paint job.Nice figure.
I think what's really off about this figure is how they painted the teeth. It also, compared to the stock photo,
Looks like they altered those teeth to make it bigger and blunt when you compare the photos.
Oh and at $16 on amazon!?  I will have to hold off ;D

Takama

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on November 15, 2015, 05:01:49 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on November 15, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

Is Safari using an additional sculptor for next year (maybe meaning more models per year)? Could Doug Watson and Forest Rogers be the Dan LoRuso and Greg Wenzel of the 2010s? ;)

Person who sculpted the Megolodon also sculpted some of the Wild Safari lines Original models.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on November 13, 2015, 09:20:57 PM
Halichoeres, would you allow me to use this picture for the Unique Species List?
Yes, in fact you can assume that any photo I post in the forum can be used for the unique species list.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 16, 2015, 04:11:04 PM
Halichoeres, would you allow me to use this picture for the Unique Species List?
Yes, in fact you can assume that any photo I post in the forum can be used for the unique species list.

Okay, I will. Thanks! :)

Can't copy your picture from the forum though, it shows up as a blank when I do. Got a link to an image host site maybe?

Dobber

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 15, 2015, 05:24:48 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2015, 06:38:15 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2015, 02:36:20 PM
My Plesiosuchus showed up last night:

Very happy to have this one. It's a great sculpt, but does suffer from a somewhat hurried paint app, which is about what you'd expect for a figure that retails for $10 or less. I'd pay twice the price if these were painted more carefully. As it is, well worth it for the sculpt alone (and a new genus!).
Interesting. Yeah, Safari's paint up is something that they need to improve on. So many of their figures are ruined by poor paint job.Nice figure.
I think what's really off about this figure is how they painted the teeth. It also, compared to the stock photo,
Looks like they altered those teeth to make it bigger and blunt when you compare the photos.
Oh and at $16 on amazon!?  I will have to hold off ;D

I think you nailed the problem.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on November 16, 2015, 09:01:45 PM

Can't copy your picture from the forum though, it shows up as a blank when I do. Got a link to an image host site maybe?
Oh yes, we encountered this before once, didn't we? On my computer, I can just right click a photo and choose "save as." I'm happy to send you a link to my image host site, but it will be very difficult to navigate because I almost never rename files and as a result they're just arranged by date. No folders for taxon, company, era, etc. I could just email you the photo from my computer as an attachment (and if you find anything else you need just let me know and I can email that too).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 17, 2015, 07:11:16 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on November 16, 2015, 09:01:45 PM

Oh yes, we encountered this before once, didn't we? On my computer, I can just right click a photo and choose "save as." I'm happy to send you a link to my image host site, but it will be very difficult to navigate because I almost never rename files and as a result they're just arranged by date. No folders for taxon, company, era, etc. I could just email you the photo from my computer as an attachment (and if you find anything else you need just let me know and I can email that too).

No need, your method worked for me after all. I'm used to copy the picture directly rather than saving it, but the latter tactic now does the trick for me as well. Saves us both a lot of effort. :)

Adding Plesiosuchus to the list...

Shonisaurus

Diving online've seen a video of Shunosaurus Safari is an interesting beast:

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvqWQrIENM

Kovu

Oh no. I'm gonna be spending money soon.

MLMjp

I have been thinking... even if the shuno is still small, I might pick him up, causeĀ“I actually really like it, I can use it as a subadult I guess...

alexeratops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38CnurE8mzw
It's a little kiddish, but the video shows it at a lot of angles. Ok, I'll admit that the paint app on the teeth isn't that bad if you just don't focus on it. Looks like a decent little model!  :D
like a bantha!

LophoLeeVT

the shuno remined me the one from dinosaur revolution......
i think it is the yellow white combination that makes me think so! lol!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: