News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2016 speculation

Started by Dan, October 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Am I  the only on who noticed 'So many theropods' in the pic Dan posted? 😜
I hope the lineup brings at least a new pterosaur,and feathered dinosaurs.Will any models be joined to the 'Supreme Range'.Anyways,I think 2016 will be CollectA's best year to date,because of their 10th anniversary.These two years CollectA has been the brand of the year without a doubt with unusual,sometimes speculative but very accurate models.Given today it' my birthday,I will be opening the new Feathered Tyrannosaurs,which I ordered from Everything Dinosaur about a month ago or so.Everything Dinosaur,are you allowed to say when will the species or pictures be revealed?Perhaps within a week?

suspsy

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 17, 2015, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 16, 2015, 11:27:47 PM
Is it wishful thinking to suggest that some might be resculpts of their earliest releases, like Eustreptospondylus and Alioramus?

Sorry no resculpts of the models you mentioned but you can expect some more "British Dinosaurs", including one new Theropod.  We can also reveal that one replica scheduled for 2016 is "dead" exciting.  We will post up news, views and pics on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page and our blog site soon.

You are a cruel tease, sir.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 17, 2015, 10:31:11 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on October 17, 2015, 12:00:22 AM
Can't wait! I hope they produce less ceratopsians this year and more obscure and primitive things. I love Collecta horned dinosaurs, but some paleozoic critters or Triassic dinosaurs would be nice.

CollectA have got some exciting plans for 2016, marine reptiles, prehistoric mammals will all feature and yes, there are some more obscure items and some intriguing replicas which feature more familiar dinosaurs, two of which represents a clade that is definitely under represented in the models market at the moment.  Plans and pics will be revealed on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook and blog site very soon.

This all sounds very exciting! Without revealing specifics, can you tell us anything about the number of new prehistoric items (more or less than this year's lot)? And maybe drop a hint about potential new Supreme range models?  ;)

Shonisaurus

Man, could you tell us at least the names of the dinosaurs that will be performed.

This is sadism what they do with all forum members.

Dinosaurs are important to me, but the secrecy is a bit exaggerated. Or that they were state secrets.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Sorry no resculpts of the models you mentioned but you can expect some more "British Dinosaurs", including one new Theropod.  We can also reveal that one replica scheduled for 2016 is "dead" exciting.  We will post up news, views and pics on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page and our blog site soon.

Hmmm, possibly a dead sauropod? I'd definitely buy that, especially considering the accuracy of CollectA's sauropods in the past few years.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

suspsy

Could it be the trampled Mapusaurus I've desired for so long?

Halichoeres

CollectA have got some exciting plans for 2016, marine reptiles, prehistoric mammals will all feature and yes, there are some more obscure items and some intriguing replicas which feature more familiar dinosaurs, two of which represents a clade that is definitely under represented in the models market at the moment.  Plans and pics will be revealed on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook and blog site very soon.

Very exciting, thanks for the hints! I hope the underrepresented clade is the Ornithopoda...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I too am in favor of producing a dead Mapusaurus.

Especially based on dinosaurs planet. Although I not bother me argentinosaurus in rotten state as happens at the end of the chapter "Lost World".

PaleoMatt

I hope the underrated clade is Ornithomimids or Troodontids

Shonisaurus

Incidentally, I wish more importance to ornithomimidos as Struthiomimus, gallimimus, garudimimus, ornithomimus is das.

I would also be interested in other small theropods as Scipionyx Herrerasaurus (deluxe), Coelophysis.

Moreover other dinosaur species is largely forgotten lurdusaurus an African species that is the equivalent of the current lazy or rather the megatherium.

Furthermore an updated look with new Deinocheirus would be great.

Fluffysaurus

More More dinosaur! And what about pterosaurs? Any new ptero?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

sauroid

im really hoping that they'd resculpt their earliest models like the Dilophosaurus, Eustreptospondylus, Pachyrhinosaurus, etc.
my guess for their prehistoric mammal releases: wooly rhino and Megatherium
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

A Megatherium would make me punch the sky. A Coelodonta would also be nice, but I'd much prefer Elasmotherium. Way cooler headgear.

Shonisaurus

A antiquitatis Coelodonta and sincerely megatherium mammals are not passionate me a lot today. Now I have several of them of various brands, megatherium: Bullyland, Safari and Schleich and Coelodonta: Bullyland, Papo and Safari (missings links).

I wish more a reissue of Paraceratherium or elasmotherium or teleoceras regarding rhinos.

Furthermore I would have liked in terms of ground sloth one Glossotherium, at least for a change of species.

There is also another forgotten as the giant Irish elk (megaloceros giganteus) or a new species of saber-toothed cat, as Homotherium, Dinofelis or even false saber-toothed cats as barburofelis or Thylacosmilus species.

Or for example prehistoric lions as spelaea read (or lion caves).

I find these two rather trite species megatherium and Coelodonta

Silvanusaurus

If that theropod is a new Megalosaurus I will lose it completely. We really need a good Megalosaurus.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 17, 2015, 12:00:22 AM
Can't wait! I hope they produce less ceratopsians this year and more obscure and primitive things. I love Collecta horned dinosaurs, but some paleozoic critters or Triassic dinosaurs would be nice.

yeeees!  ;D
I just got the koreaceratops herd figure today, its really cute and tiny! Id love to see more stuff like this with small dinos on a base, like a pack of hunting raptors.  :D

QuoteThere is also another forgotten as the giant Irish elk (megaloceros giganteus) or a new species of saber-toothed cat, as Homotherium, Dinofelis or even false saber-toothed cats as barburofelis or Thylacosmilus species.

Or for example prehistoric lions as spelaea read (or lion caves).

100% agree! Im especially fascinated by extinct versions of extant mammals like cave lions, cave hyenas, aurochs, giant cheetahs, giant bison etc...I dont know why they dont make more of them as they could appeal to prehistoric animal fans as well as fans of extant animals, like Im sure many horse fans would love to have an equus occidentalis figure among their collection or big cat fans a cave or american lion etc...

Gwangi

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 17, 2015, 08:50:32 PM

If that theropod is a new Megalosaurus I will lose it completely. We really need a good Megalosaurus.

Likewise, It's truly sad that the Invicta is STILL the best Megalosaurus we have.

Shonisaurus

Quoteof terrorchicken100% agree! Im especially fascinated by extinct versions of extant mammals like cave lions, cave hyenas, aurochs, giant cheetahs, giant bison etc...I dont know why they dont make more of them as they could appeal to prehistoric animal fans as well as fans of extant animals, like Im sure many horse fans would love to have an equus occidentalis figure among their collection or big cat fans a cave or american lion etc...

Of course according the megaloceros, aurochs, cave lion or other recent and in some ways very similar to today's mammals mammals would be a good investment, as long as they were well done.

The they buy both collectors and kids. For example, a megaloceros, cave lion, cave hyena, uro, etcetera. they are still very similar to modern animals, children buy them. And so collectors are unfortunately animals are poorly represented in the toy market, and I think for a business could be an investment in both sales amount, yes that they should always magnificent figures as happened with the exceptional megacerops .

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 16, 2015, 11:27:47 PM
Is it wishful thinking to suggest that some might be resculpts of their earliest releases, like Eustreptospondylus and Alioramus?

British dinosaurs? That's exciting! My Iguanodon might finally get some proper neighbors...

Although I guess I could get around to finally buying the Hypsilophodon herd! I'd love to see more figures like that. I'm hoping for a Kulindadromeus family. :)

suspsy

Given that CollectA has already done Baryonyx, Becklespinax, Eotyrannus, Eustreptospondylus, Neovenator, and Proceratosaurus, it has to be either Megalosaurus or Metriacanthosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: