News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2016 speculation

Started by Dan, October 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

CollectA already did a Megalosaurus.

DinoG

Am I the only weirdo who wishes for more prehistoric majestic flora?
Run!

Jetoar

If I were they, I will do gain the eotyrannnus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

citizen5

I've talked to a distributor "Collecta" tells me that he can not say anything, but this year there will be more figures than last year especially dinosaurs (an Apatosaurus?) This is a rumor, I do not know if it's true what he says .... and it says to leave him alone and not ask more.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: citizen5 on October 18, 2015, 03:39:50 PM
I've talked to a distributor "Collecta" tells me that he can not say anything, but this year there will be more figures than last year especially dinosaurs (an Apatosaurus?) This is a rumor, I do not know if it's true what he says .... and it says to leave him alone and not ask more.

I'm not surprised at all that there is more news from Collecta next year. Keep in mind that it is its tenth anniversary and I guess that will improve the figures from previous years.

Moreover the apatosaurus Collecta is something seen the dinosaur mini toob this year (coming in November) includes an apatosaurus and ... A giganotosaurus. Would not surprise me next year also would make some giganotosaurus. .

Halichoeres

Quote from: DinoG on October 18, 2015, 09:46:33 AM

I assure you that you are not. :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fluffysaurus

So when Will the revealing begin?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2015, 04:37:50 PM
Quote from: DinoG on October 18, 2015, 09:46:33 AM

I assure you that you are not. :)

For my part I am also interested in prehistoric plants.

DinoG

Some pine or horsetail would be great!
Run!

terrorchicken

I too am collecting the prehistoric plants from Collecta and Safari and would like more. Id love one of those weird early plants from the Devonian...

Megalosaurus

I hope someday CollectA explore the permian and the cambrian.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

suspsy

I wonder what the sea creatures will be. Basilosaurus would be my top preference, but a Globidens with an ammonite being crushed in its jaws would also be really neat.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on October 19, 2015, 03:56:04 PM
I wonder what the sea creatures will be. Basilosaurus would be my top preference, but a Globidens with an ammonite being crushed in its jaws would also be really neat.

I think ED specified "marine reptiles," so although that could technically allow Basilosaurus, I doubt they would have phrased it that way. As cool as a Basilosaurus would be. I would definitely welcome a Globidens! For that matter, I would welcome any mosasaur at all besides Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus, which are the only two genera that toy companies seem to think ever existed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2015, 04:35:45 PM
[...]
I would definitely welcome a Globidens! For that matter, I would welcome any mosasaur at all besides Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus, which are the only two genera that toy companies seem to think ever existed.

Hello.

I love the idea to have a globidens with artiulated jaw and a removable crused ammonite. mmmm Its not really Collecta style to have removable items.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

DinoG

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new Deynocheirus, and honestly wouldn't mind either...
Run!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 19, 2015, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2015, 04:35:45 PM
[...]
I would definitely welcome a Globidens! For that matter, I would welcome any mosasaur at all besides Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus, which are the only two genera that toy companies seem to think ever existed.

Hello.

I love the idea to have a globidens with artiulated jaw and a removable crused ammonite. mmmm Its not really Collecta style to have removable items.

I do not agree that dinosaurs are removable elements as with Rebor, honestly.

Rebor nest egg will surely stick with a tough glue. They are beautiful but may cause domestic accidents.

stargatedalek

Domestic accidents?! I highly doubt people are going to be hitting each other over the head with figurines, and I really don't get why having a remove-able part would make that any worse?

Kovu

suspsy

Yeah. As inconvenient as moulded victims are for us adult collectors, it would be even more inconvenient for CollectA if some poor small child choked on a dead Struthiomimus or a baby Alamosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PaleoMatt

Kids need to stop thinking everything is candy *sigh*

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: