News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gryphon Art- update 4/9

Started by Gryphoceratops, March 13, 2012, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Ooh, I am liking this, Chris!

I wonder if those huge sauropods even knew what was going on down by their feet half the time, lol.

Gryphoceratops

Thanks Chuck.   :)

If I had to guess...I'd say they don't have a clue.  Their heads were literally up in the clouds haha. 

Arioch

Looks promising! those in the background are Pelorosaurus?

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Arioch on July 25, 2012, 09:59:07 PM
Looks promising! those in the background are Pelorosaurus?

Yup!

Gryphoceratops

Had this one done for a while but never got around to scanning it.  It was actually commissioned for the Bergen County Zoo's horseshoe crab exhibit.  I had plenty of freedom with it since it only needed to include horseshoe crabs and dinosaurs together (playing up the whole living fossil thing) so naturally I picked a NJ scene with Dryptosaurus.  This time its a curious baby.  If the scene looks a little awkward spacially (it does to me) its because the scanner was smaller than the painting and a good strip of the scene was cut off the top. 

Himmapaan

ZoPteryx

Excellent job!  I wish I could paint like that! :))

Gryphoceratops

Thanks guys.  Here is heterdontosaurus I had to bang out for the Jersey Boys blog weekly dino post.  Don't worry that English scene is still on the way! 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice !

Love the active and aggressive poses ! ;D

Jetoar

Beautiful draw!  :). I like the feathereds  such as spine ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on August 11, 2012, 03:24:14 AM
Thanks guys.  Here is heterdontosaurus I had to bang out for the Jersey Boys blog weekly dino post.  Don't worry that English scene is still on the way! 

Very cool! My favorite reconstuction of the creature so far!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gryphoceratops

Thanks everyone!  Here are a bunch more.  Including the finally completed Eotyrannus scene!

Apatosaurus

Struthiomimus

And a modified version of the parasaurolophus I did last year.  Its less emaciated-looking.  Or at least I tried to make it so.  Watercolors are tough to fix.   :-\

enjoy

Himmapaan

Gorgeous. And I love the reworked Parasaurolophus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Para's colors and really everything just works so well together. :)

I do like how the Struthio is taking a break from running and just sitting around thinking for once.. lol

Gryphoceratops

Thanks guys! 

Yeah I wanted to do an ornithomimid doing something other than running for once haha.  That pose is actually based on something I saw one of the Rhea's at the zoo do.  The bird was actually sitting flat on its foot bones, sort of plantigrade.    I figure if a rhea could do it, so could a struthio, especially with the help of the tail to form a tripod. 

alexeratops

how do you post pictures that are not links?????? ??? ??? ??? ??? :)
like a bantha!

Himmapaan

Gryphoceratops

Weaver

OH WOW! Oh wow! Okay, Gryph you're even more amazing. This is amazing! I'm just... how do I even talk about this when I don't have the words? I love the little feathers around this fellow/gal. The pose is fantastic and the spread arms/wings really is cool.

ZoPteryx

That's so cool, and terrifying! :o *runs away screaming*

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: