News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gryphon Art- update 4/9

Started by Gryphoceratops, March 13, 2012, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Awesome! Everyone's drawing/painting Deinonychus of late, it seems. Must be that collective consciousness thing again.  :))

Gryphoceratops

Thank you all.  Latest is Masiakasaurus for the blog.  Still debating on adding feathers for this guy.  If more info comes out I can always add them on. 

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

I hope you dont mind me makeing a creepy alteration

Gryphoceratops

Spooky! 

Ankylosaurus

tyrantqueen

Reminds me of this Ankylosaurus.

It looks seriously strange from the front :o I like how you used lavender for the colours, ankylosaurs usually always get stuck with browns or greens by default.

Gryphoceratops

Well there are only so many ways you can depict that kind of animal from the front right?  Greg Paul drew an Eouplocephalus in his book.   

Yeah, thank you I was going for the blue/indigo gray color idea for this guy.  I wanted it to be subdued but still pretty. 

Gryphoceratops

On one of my articles on the Jersey Boys Hunt Dinosaurs blog I provided a pencil drawing of the dinosaurs who's colors (or some of their colors) we know of.  I decided to re-do it in watercolors.  I'm quite happy with it.  The archaeopteryx I'm especially really pleased with (ironically its colors are mostly made up by me, except for the black primary feathers). 

Jetoar

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 13, 2012, 08:52:56 PM
On one of my articles on the Jersey Boys Hunt Dinosaurs blog I provided a pencil drawing of the dinosaurs who's colors (or some of their colors) we know of.  I decided to re-do it in watercolors.  I'm quite happy with it.  The archaeopteryx I'm especially really pleased with (ironically its colors are mostly made up by me, except for the black primary feathers). 

Oooooh, I like it  ^-^!. The colors of Archaeopteryx are cool  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

Gorgeous.  :) The Archaeopteryx is my favourite too.

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gryphoceratops

Thank you all.  Here is a new one I did in honor of Tyler Keillor's project.  Dryptosaurus simple watercolors. 

I did this for a site post someone had requested I do a painting tutorial. 

http://jerseyboyhuntsdinosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/09/painting-dryptosaurus-tutorial.html

Gryphoceratops

Sketchy sketch during lunch at work today.  Marginocephathelia woo!

Himmapaan

Gryphoceratops

Thanks niroot! 

In honor of breast cancer awareness month I did a pink pachycephalosaurus. 

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

ZoPteryx

Such an underated color, great work Chris! :)

ingenia

Your sketches look fantastic, the pink pachy is great, too!

Gryphoceratops

Thank you all! 

Here is one for the blog.  Titanis and prey.  Not sure exactly what kind of rodent it is but I'm fairly certain there were cavid-type animals around then. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: