News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gryphon Art- update 4/9

Started by Gryphoceratops, March 13, 2012, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

Thanks guys. 

honestly, Niroot, I decided to have a closed-mouth triceratops that doesn't outright demonstrate either side of the debate haha.  I think I'm more of a cheek guy though (for now). 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cheeks just seem to make more sense to me as well..not to mention it's just more aesthetically pleasing to my eye..lol

Gryphoceratops

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice coloration, I'm always impressed to see more blue hued dinosaurs.  :)

This is actually the next dinosaur I'm building here, it has a good size I can do in 1/1 and I wanted a stegosaur, but those giant spines are intimidating !

Do I spy throat armor there ?

Gryphoceratops

Thanks guys.  Yeah I decided to give him a little throat armor. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it makes sense..if one stegosaur had them it's quite likely the others did as well at least to some extent.

Weaver

Oh wow, that is a neat Kentrosaurus! I really like the mottled splotches and I agree with Blade: Blue-hued dinos are really amazing.

Balaur

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on December 08, 2012, 02:19:28 PM
Kentrosaurus

That's great! I love the colouration and the throat armour! Good job!

Gryphoceratops

Thanks guys!  I am content with how this one turned out.  I figured a little subtle gular armor is plenty logical.   :)

Weaver

Oh gosh, adding on here that after seeing the neck-armour from the Stego at the Dinosau rDepot in Canon City, Colorado: I like this piece even more. ;)

Gryphoceratops

Thank you! 

Here are a few more I did recently. 

Hadrosaurus

Spinosaurus

A slightly modified Triceratops. 

Himmapaan

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Himmapaan on December 23, 2012, 01:01:00 AM
Oh, my, the Hadrosaurus is gorgeous.

Agreed, and the Spino has a subtle beauty to it too. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm quite fond of the Spino myself. Looks like it's sporting the shorter legs from recent findings as well. :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Sharptooth

Awesome art as always!
More than the hadro (which is quite gorgeous) i love the blue trike  ;)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Patrx

The updated Trike looks marvelous! For some reason, the idea of a blue Triceratops always seemed "right" to me somehow. Hmm...  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on December 23, 2012, 09:06:42 PM
The updated Trike looks marvelous! For some reason, the idea of a blue Triceratops always seemed "right" to me somehow. Hmm...  ;)

Gee..I have no idea why.. lol  ^-^

Gryphoceratops

Thanks everyone for the compliments! 

Yeah next I might do a pink pterosaur...  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: