You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killekor

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2017, 02:53:12 PM
These are probably the least JP-influenced of REBOR's "Raptors".  With Jurassic Collectibles, it is better to watch his videos with the sound off, because that guy has no idea what he is talking about and is generally way too positive because he gets that stuff for free.

You're right about Jurassic collectables (he's probably pay by Rebor to say only the good facts about their products), but, overall, i like them, i will get them with Hercules (I'm not sure about the Tenontosaurus), Actually, i hope that Rebor will do better figures in the future.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Loon

I don't how to feel about these guys. I heard that rebor made their eyes solid colors because they're supposed to be hunting at night, but the Acrocanthosaurus's eyes aren't white. I have a feeling that the solid colored, ''evil" looking eyes are supposed to make them look "cool." To me these figures have a slight tinge of the whole "Feathered dinosaurs can be scary too!" idea to them. 

Just a thought, and I'm curious to see if anyone else feels this way.

Flaffy

These are probably the least JP-influenced of REBOR's "Raptors".  With Jurassic Collectibles, it is better to watch his videos with the sound off, because that guy has no idea what he is talking about and is generally way too positive because he gets that stuff for free.
He only reviews stuff he gets for free nowadays it seems.
He still hasn't reviewed any of the 2016 CollectAs.
And I agree that he is waaaay too positive, but I guess we could write that off as personal opinion/taste.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Killekor on January 20, 2017, 03:03:44 PM

You're right about Jurassic collectables (he's probably pay by Rebor to say only the good facts about their products), but, overall, i like them, i will get them with Hercules (I'm not sure about the Tenontosaurus), Actually, i hope that Rebor will do better figures in the future.

Killekor

No reason to suspect this. Jurassic Collectables generally praises most products by most companies. They don't speak much ill of dinosaur products unless the product in question happens to be notoriously bad.

Rain

Quote from: Loon on January 20, 2017, 05:32:56 PM
I don't how to feel about these guys. I heard that rebor made their eyes solid colors because they're supposed to be hunting at night, but the Acrocanthosaurus's eyes aren't white. I have a feeling that the solid colored, ''evil" looking eyes are supposed to make them look "cool." To me these figures have a slight tinge of the whole "Feathered dinosaurs can be scary too!" idea to them. 

I'm not sure what you mean? Both the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus trio have solid yellow eyes.

Loon

Quote from: Rain on January 20, 2017, 08:42:33 PM
Quote from: Loon on January 20, 2017, 05:32:56 PM

I'm not sure what you mean? Both the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus trio have solid yellow eyes.

I thought the Acro had pupils, I didn't know it didn't have them.

tanystropheus

Reptilia

The night vision scene is a cool idea, though I don't understand why the three Deinonychus sport golden eyes and Acrocanthosaurus yellow instead. Using the same for both would have been better.

Silvanusaurus

I'm not getting the whole night-vision thing at all... i mean... i'm fairly sure most people will only ever be looking at these figures in full colour lighting conditions, so whats the point? The solid gold eyes on the raptors just look weird, at least with the Acro it was a more minimal glint of colour. 

Shonisaurus

The deinonychus clearly represent the equivalent of current hyenas and the acrocanthosaurus to the lion and the irisless eyes represent a night fighter.

Anyway my package with the deinonychus Rebor sure that I will arrive next week at most not later.

CityRaptor

Real hyenas or pop culture hyenas? Pop version is a cowardly scavenger, but the real version is a hunter who might eat you alive.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

empire3569

My set just came in today from ED, just wanted to share my thoughts:

The set is definitely out of scale; the deinonychus and tenontosaurus seem pretty in scale, but they are both too large for the Acro. Like others have said, the poseability/quality of the raptors is sub par compared to previous figures; the wings and lower jaw are extremely "fragile" (not going to break but they have a ton of wiggle room). The articulation also feels a bit gimmicky. There is a decent amount of up and down movement with the neck/tail and some sideways movement. I ended up getting two sets so I could display four total (two of each of the darker colors) and they look cool in the diorama, but I wouldn't purchase them as stand alone figures. I can post pictures if people want

Shonisaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on January 21, 2017, 09:14:26 PM
My set just came in today from ED, just wanted to share my thoughts:

The set is definitely out of scale; the deinonychus and tenontosaurus seem pretty in scale, but they are both too large for the Acro. Like others have said, the poseability/quality of the raptors is sub par compared to previous figures; the wings and lower jaw are extremely "fragile" (not going to break but they have a ton of wiggle room). The articulation also feels a bit gimmicky. There is a decent amount of up and down movement with the neck/tail and some sideways movement. I ended up getting two sets so I could display four total (two of each of the darker colors) and they look cool in the diorama, but I wouldn't purchase them as stand alone figures. I can post pictures if people want

From what you say in theory and practice turn out to be bad figures. For me I just bought it is a jug of cold water.

In fact in the promotional images it augured nothing good when folding the neck the articulated jaw was felt quite fragile, on the other hand did not know that it had the additional problem of the wings.

Sincerely the problem that has among other theropods and animals of Rebor are very fragile jaws and their sustainability problems and the tiny deinonychus are no exception. What a disappointment!

Honestly it is more economical and practical to buy Papo figures at least do not have these severe flaws.  >:(

Shadowknight1

Got mine, love them, but I'm very happy that they're so small and use a softer kind of plastic than the bigger Acro since these little suckers will NOT stay standing.  REBOR either needs to start using pegs on all of their therapods OR make the foot imprints in the bases deeper so you can slot them in  Either would be an acceptable compromise, in my not-so-humble opinion.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 22, 2017, 07:09:30 PM
Got mine, love them, but I'm very happy that they're so small and use a softer kind of plastic than the bigger Acro since these little suckers will NOT stay standing.  REBOR either needs to start using pegs on all of their therapods OR make the foot imprints in the bases deeper so you can slot them in  Either would be an acceptable compromise, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I hope what you say is true. Since I am waiting to receive such figures and I would like them to be good with respect to other figures. At least as the acrocanthosaurus and dimorphodon (couple).

Shonisaurus

I just got this afternoon to receive the deinonychus and I can say that their figures are neither so good nor so bad.
Positive things are feathered dinosaurs and they are not influenced by the Jurassic Park kidnappers for me and that's a point, other than that the colors are nice, and quite conservative (which I like about Rebor) and are very detailed for how small They are.

Negative things aside from the fact that they are not made to scale and the scientific inaccuracies described previously by members of the forum that unfortunately I do not understand because of my absolute paleontological ignorance, they have the following faults at least in my case, they are not so Flexible, have bright golden eyes without pupils (something that does not happen to the acrocanthosaurus of Rebor) and are not so flexible.

Apart from this as a bad thing that have sustainability problems (need the base) on the other hand especially the left wing articulated detaches from the body not only in one but all (and that I have bought in a reputed store) can Also that it has been a manufacturing problem that happens in the best families.

As a conclusion despite the bad things that have these figures I do not regret having bought them, (I said) but I like big dinosaurs (even if they are a deinonychus and that they are not in scale). I hope that what is said serves to contribute.

Halichoeres

Thanks for that, Shonisaurus. Especially the part with the arms; I'll be interested to see if that's a universal defect.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shadowknight1

The wings won't pop out if you don't move them, and honestly, as with the Utahraptor, I see no real need to do that.  And why are so many saying that the gold, pupil-less eyes don't fit?  Or say that the Acro didn't have them?  It most certainly did.  In fact, every Rebor I have aside from Winston has golden eyes, that seems to be their universal color.  It's just that the Acro and Deinonychus don't have pupils.

Reptilia

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 28, 2017, 11:30:23 PM
The wings won't pop out if you don't move them, and honestly, as with the Utahraptor, I see no real need to do that.  And why are so many saying that the gold, pupil-less eyes don't fit?  Or say that the Acro didn't have them?  It most certainly did.  In fact, every Rebor I have aside from Winston has golden eyes, that seems to be their universal color.  It's just that the Acro and Deinonychus don't have pupils.

The Acro has golden pupils too? I thought they were yellow, for what I can see on online pictures. By the way that's not an issue at all, another thing is if the figures are flimsy in their articulated parts. I actually wish Rebor made them in different poses, without the bendy feature and movable wings. The way they are make them look too much toy-ish, in my opinion.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Reptilia on January 28, 2017, 11:58:39 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 28, 2017, 11:30:23 PM

The Acro has golden pupils too? I thought they were yellow, for what I can see on online pictures. By the way that's not an issue at all, another thing is if the figures are flimsy in their articulated parts. I actually wish Rebor made them in different poses, without the bendy feature and movable wings. The way they are make them look too much toy-ish, in my opinion.
I do agree about the articulated parts. Articulation, especially on something that tiny, can be hard to pull off  I think these would've been a bit more unique if they were each posed differently with MAYBE articulated jaws.  But hey, this way they just have three of the same figure then paint it different.  I still like them especially compared to the Utahraptor, but they're not my favorite feathered raptors.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: