You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Based on measurements on the ED site, these are closer to 1/25 I think.  They are a bit too big.

Ezikot

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 22, 2016, 11:19:43 PM
I'm skeptical that they'll really be 1/35. Although I hope they are! I plan to buy them, and my 1/35-1/40 shelf doesn't have nearly enough smallish animals.

Quote from: Tim on January 05, 2017, 12:59:38 AM
Based on measurements on the ED site, these are closer to 1/25 I think.  They are a bit too big.

mmm... maybe not all the bad comes to harm... they could be in scale with the WS sauropelta  :)

utd7

Just asking if anyone has received this set since it is available from ED.
We live in a Jurassic World

Minmiminime

I've got it, and I'm pleased with it. Negatives are: typical balance issues, wire in the tail and neck not particularly useful, arms and jaws fragile. But, it's a nice set, it all looks very impressive. Very Rebor! They're very nice little models, it's nice to see a representation of Deinonychus given it's importance, and the info card with them is well done.

I would quite like to be able to purchase them individually, build up a pack ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

They are also available on the online store page

www.minizoo.com.au (I recommend it because they are very nice people) and the most important thing comes in a record time taking into account that it comes from Australia.

I ordered the thylacoleo, thylacinus from Soutland Replicas and the spinosaurus (2 Mojo units) and considering that we were on holiday dates I arrived within two weeks.  :))

Reptilia

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 07, 2017, 11:50:56 AM
Negatives are: typical balance issues, wire in the tail and neck not particularly useful, arms and jaws fragile.

Well, if they can't stand firmly and the articulated parts are fragile it's quite a big problem. What do you mean with "not particularly useful" regarding the bendy features? It means they're actually not that much poseable?

Minmiminime

Quote from: Reptilia on January 07, 2017, 02:46:06 PM
Quote from: Minmiminime on January 07, 2017, 11:50:56 AM
Negatives are: typical balance issues, wire in the tail and neck not particularly useful, arms and jaws fragile.

Well, if they can't stand firmly and the articulated parts are fragile it's quite a big problem. What do you mean with "not particularly useful" regarding the bendy features? It means they're actually not that much poseable?

It's possible I'm being a little too gentle with them, as they're very small and I'm concerned about scuffing them, or breaking the wire inside. They're certainly poseable enough that they can be made to look more organic and alive than if they were static.

With the wired parts, there seems to be a greater degree of movement in the vertical plane than the horizontal, but there's enough in the horizontal that they can be made to look right at Hercules from their stands. Once they're moved into a position, they seem to remain in it; I haven't noticed any of them reverting back into their factory pose. The arms swing backwards and forwards, and are removable, so prone to dropping off if not handled gently. With my set, the lower jaw of Thrill is a little loose, but nothing that should be an issue. It's in no imminent danger of dropping off or anything hideous like that ;)

Balance wise, mine aren't too bad now that I've found their sweet spots! It's quite possible to make them perch on top of the Ceryneian Hind corpse and face Hercules down :)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

danmalcolm

How well do they match scale-wise? Measurements given on ed are 13 cm long, which would make them quite large, closer to 1:25 I think. Is it asking too much for you to give accurate length and height in cm?

Minmiminime

Quote from: danmalcolm on January 07, 2017, 06:40:01 PM
How well do they match scale-wise? Measurements given on ed are 13 cm long, which would make them quite large, closer to 1:25 I think. Is it asking too much for you to give accurate length and height in cm?

Hello, danmalcolm :) The given length by ED of 13cm long is accurate, give or take a mm or two, and I've measured them at about 6cm in height, again, give or take a mm or two! I hope this helps.

danmalcolm

Thank you, my friend! It is a bit larger than I'd prefer but I really like them! May get them with my Christmas $$$

danmalcolm

Photos would also be viewed with interest, if you felt inclined.

Reptilia

I guess they're the same size as "Sentry" and the Papo baby T-Rex, right?

Minmiminime

I don't know about Sentry, but they're definitely in the same kind of size range as Papo's baby T. rex :) Just a little smaller and finer! I'll try to get some decent photos

utd7

I am surprised that Jurassic Collectables hasn't posted a review yet on YT as he usually has them a week before. Mine should arrive next week hopefully cause am really looking forward to have a new dino figure since last year was a barren in terms of collecting for me personally.
We live in a Jurassic World

joossa

Found some photos of on FB. Sadly, the raptors came out far too big in comparison to the Acro, IMO.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 12, 2017, 06:16:51 AM
Maybe the Acro is a juvenile?

Seems to me like it doesn't matter what Rebor 1/35 dino you put the trio next to. If their size makes the Acro a juvenile, wouldn't they make all other Rebor dinos juveniles too? I feel like they may have intentionally upsized them either to make them more visually intimidating or to implement the posing system.

Flaffy

Too many adult features on the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus to be considered a juvenile specimen imo.

Shonisaurus

The figures of the three deinonychus are disproportionate to the acrocanthosaurus but if they were made on the same scale, they would be millimeter figures. Also the tenontosaurus corpse is disproportionate.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on January 12, 2017, 06:20:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 12, 2017, 06:16:51 AM
Maybe the Acro is a juvenile?

Seems to me like it doesn't matter what Rebor 1/35 dino you put the trio next to. If their size makes the Acro a juvenile, wouldn't they make all other Rebor dinos juveniles too? I feel like they may have intentionally upsized them either to make them more visually intimidating or to implement the posing system.

good possibility there.  They are pretty large no matter how you view it, more JP Raptor sized I guess?  The only for a collector to get closure though is to call the Acro a juvenile, I think it needs to roughly twice the size it is now?     I guess you could say those are Utahraptors instead?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: