News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

I posted this some time ago:

Quote from: MLMjp on February 15, 2016, 08:49:30 PM
Speaking about the feathered T.rex standing. Just for curiosity I have found a video from SuperFunReviews in which the feathered T.rex was without a base, later I found that it was removed, and the T.rex can stand on his own. However he/she had to do the hot water trick in order to repositionate the legs so it can stay properly.

Here´s what he/she said in two comments:

+I used a large screwdriver and a wooden mallet. I carefully put the screwdriver next to the feet and then whacked the end of the screwdriver. (repeat) Took about 10 minutes. To make it stand I dunked the legs in hot water and used a towel to slightly bend them. Depending on your age talk to an adult before attempting any of the above. I used a workshop bench to do this as you can cause damage to normal bench tops.

+ Wooden mallet and large screw driver. I got some expert help. Only use a workshop bench - not your Bedroom floor or Kitchen bench!!  Best with adult supervision :D I also (ouch) dipped the legs one at a time into a cup of boiling water and using a thick towel made a slight adjustment to make sure it could stand by itself!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 27, 2016, 09:26:57 PM
Are there any photos?

I guess no pictures of dinosaurs Collecta figures are released due to plagiarism that make some pirates companies such products. That said trade secret.

Concavenator

@Roselaar: How much did you pay for the Torvosaurus?
It looks better than I thought it would be!Same goes for the Mercuriceratops.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2016, 07:51:14 PM
Seems we go through this about once a year..usually at new figure time, should be a pinned post.  lol

Consumer - "My figure has too large feet/tripod pose/permanent base "

Manufacturer - " Okay we'll make them without those."

C- "My figure keeps falling over/has weak ankles/had to prop it up"

M -" So we go back to the big feet/bases,tripods?"

C- " Didn't like those and they were inaccurate too.."

M -" Shakes head"

If you don't want removable bases, glue em' to it.  If you do not want any bases cut them off..just a little work will go far in getting you something you like.  That said if you ever do want to remove a glued figure from a base, or the one you remove keeps falling over time..well.

Really not trying to sound mean here, it's just the way it is.
Awesome! :))
Love these new figures, hope to get a few soon.

Roselaar

Quote from: Concavenator on February 27, 2016, 10:53:54 PM
@Roselaar: How much did you pay for the Torvosaurus?
It looks better than I thought it would be!Same goes for the Mercuriceratops.

My local Collecta store tends to overprice Collectasaurs (probably because they know they have a monopoly on them in the area). It was labeled 22 euros, but I get a 10% discount ever since they claimed they could get me a Papo Brown Running Rex and failed. :)

I think the average price of the Torvosaurus will be around 15-18 euros.

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on February 27, 2016, 09:26:57 PM
Are there any photos?
I don't know what you want photos of but I found the video of the baseless rex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cdFGmPdnpg

Shonisaurus

I pass the following minizoo video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSOSg4QFw48

The support bases of the dinosaurs are of poor quality. The tyrannosaurus rex body looks great, that without the wounds are loathsome befits halloween, the perfect place for him in the workplace at that time.

The base beishanlong seems very poor quality, but we must also admit that the figures have been based footsteps and leaves.

The metriaconthosaurus looks better than expected.

tyrantqueen

Beishanlong is the only one I'm interested in. I generally prefer simple bases that don't detract attention away from the figure, so it's fine to me.

Patrx

Agreed, I think the bases are neat! Personally, I'm waiting on the new Deinocheirus, Ornithomimus, and Thalassomedon.

empire3569

Thanks for the video! I wish the hunting T-rex was deluxe sized :/ and I agree, the detail on the Metriacanthosaurus is much better than expected, and I think with a good repaint it would be a very nice figure

Shonisaurus

The truth is that the beishanlong looks fabulous. Moreover although there are people who disagree with regard to the cadaver tyrannosaurus rex I like it because it is quite "gore".

On the other hand I am pleased that the Metriacanthosaurus and the same beishanlong made of more conservative colors.

I honestly prefer dull colors for prehistoric creatures especially dinosaurs figures the Collecta brand had made some of his figures as in the recent case of tyrannosaurus feathered rex, gorgeous figure but with colors too too rechamantes, even if they are based on paleoartísticas reconstructions as tyrannosaurus rex about the blue Schleich.

stargatedalek

Hugely disappointed by Beishanlong's base, the plain yellow slabs are enough of a turn-off I may put off getting it.

Rain

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 04, 2016, 10:56:30 PM
Hugely disappointed by Beishanlong's base, the plain yellow slabs are enough of a turn-off I may put off getting it.

Agreed. I was looking forward to that darker base they originally showed.

Overall, I'm disappointed by all the figures. They aren't as impressive as the stock photos (?) suggested they were. I'll still probably get the Beishanlong however

suspsy

All of these toys are winners as far as I'm concerned.

terrorchicken

the beishanlong is such a stunning fellow...hope it will make feathers on dinos more popular.

MLMjp

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 05, 2016, 12:34:54 AM
I wouldn't mind if CollectA put a base to their standard size bipedal figures as a rule, it adds something peculiar to the line. Maybe they should keep baseless all deluxe figures, and work on the feet to achieve the level of stability needed. If they'd given larger feet to their recent Carcharodontosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus, instead of those ridicolous wide hips, both figures would have been much better. The hunting Tyrannosaurus is a beautiful sculpt, shame that it is not deluxe size. As for the corpse, I'm not into dead animals but there's a fine detail going on there, so good job.

Man, I was thinking of something similar. Give bases to the smaller/standard ones, but not to the bigger/deluxe ones, it´s what Collecta should do.

suspsy

Not for the people who dislike oversized feet on their figures, it isn't.

postsaurischian

I like the Beishanlong :). The most beautiful ornithomimosaur I've seen in a long time.

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on March 05, 2016, 09:00:08 PM
Not for the people who dislike oversized feet on their figures, it isn't.

We are never going to agree on this so I think we should let it go now.

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 05, 2016, 09:20:32 PM
       I like the Beishanlong :). The most beautiful ornithomimosaur I've seen in a long time.

:o :o :o
Yes! Definitely beautiful! Besides, is not like you have seen ornithomimosaurs recently >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: