News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I'm sure it's just the angle.

The Torvosaurus looks pretty nice. I may pick it up eventually. Will definitely get the Mercuriceratops when it becomes available. Already ordered the two T. rexes from Minizoo.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Patrx

The "Torvo-guana" is pretty decent in some respects, but I'll never understand the logic behind picking out skull fenestrae in distinct colours.

Rain

Quote from: Roselaar on February 24, 2016, 06:25:51 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. Plus another pic of the Mercuriceratops. Again, not a very good one. Can't use flash or it will annihilate the colour scheme.

The pose makes it sorta look like Papo's Allosaurus. Also I'm not too fond of how the hunting rex turned out. It's not really up to CollectA's standards IMO. I might pick up the dead rex though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on February 24, 2016, 08:12:11 PM
The "Torvo-guana" is pretty decent in some respects, but I'll never understand the logic behind picking out skull fenestrae in distinct colours.

Easier to paint areas marked out for you already.. ;)

AcroSauroTaurus

Torvosaurus looks good in my opinion, except the fact that he can't fully close his mouth.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Arul

Amazing but too glossy...a doff spray will fix it :D

triceratops83

Don't know why the Mercuriceratops and Torvosaurus didn't turn up at Minizoo, so I ordered the ceratopsian from Echidnas on the Loose.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

MLMjp

The detail of the Torvosaurus is very well defined with all of those tiny scales. Right now is my favorite figure of the 2016 Collecta´s releases.

Quote from: Patrx on February 24, 2016, 08:12:11 PM

At least this one doesn't suffer from the "extremely skin-wrap heads of Collecta theropods" syndrome. ;)

Jetoar

I really like the Torvosaurus. I am thinking in the scheme ofcolor of my own figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Sim

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on February 24, 2016, 01:05:20 AM
Quote from: Sim on February 20, 2016, 12:31:31 PM
Hi Stuckasaurus, I think you might find the following posts interesting :):

Reply #148: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4038.msg119058#msg119058

Reply #182: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4038.msg119184#msg119184

You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Well, I try to verify information if it's important to do so, especially if I'm sharing it with others, like on this forum.  I also take into consideration how reliable the source of the information is, and I don't just accept something as true without using my own judgement.

It's not helpful to say, "You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.", and not even explain what you mean.  So... do you mean something that was said is incorrect?  If so, I'd be interested in knowing about it!  As far as I know though, primary feathers are only known in pennaraptorans, and it's not known if they existed earlier in the coelurosaur family tree.

suspsy

I have to say, I can think of few other places to get ample, reliable, up-to-date information about dinosaurs than right here on the forum.

Sim

Gotta say, the Torvosaur's throat didn't seem so bad but with this close-up... yikes!

Yeah, what is going on there?  Are the figures on bases permanently attached to the bases?  I'm especially curious about the Torvosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sim on February 25, 2016, 05:04:12 PM
Gotta say, the Torvosaur's throat didn't seem so bad but with this close-up... yikes!

Yeah, what is going on there?  Are the figures on bases permanently attached to the bases?  I'm especially curious about the Torvosaurus.

Depends on your definition of permanent... ;)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2016, 05:59:54 PM

Yes. Lets dettach it from the base...

Or if you want a more precise job, use a hot knife:

I love the Torvo-Iguana.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Yeah, you're not supposed to remove the base, Collecta strongly implies. Too bad these figures suggest the bases are now of lesser quality.

MLMjp

That chainsaw raptor >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Quote from: Roselaar on February 25, 2016, 08:14:14 PM

Yeah, you're not supposed to remove the base, Collecta strongly implies. Too bad these figures suggest the bases are now of lesser quality.

Where they say that?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 25, 2016, 07:38:10 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2016, 05:59:54 PM

Yes. Lets dettach it from the base...

Or if you want a more precise job, use a hot knife:

I love the Torvo-Iguana.

What's worse than a Velociraptor?  lol  Love it!

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on February 25, 2016, 08:14:14 PM

Wow a company that has my same mindset. I feel sorry that i moved on to more creative things then CollectA(not saying that as an insult, they are still more creative then the likes of Rebor and Schelich).

As you all know i can care less if the base looks boring, just as long as it keeps the model from toppling over. and i must say that the Torvosaurus looks Great

suspsy

Given that CollectA has been making figures on non-removeable bases for years, I'm kind of puzzled as to why people are wondering if that's changed with this year's assortment.

If CollectA were to introduce removeable bases, they'd surely advertise it.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 26, 2016, 03:58:38 AM
Given that CollectA has been making figures on non-removeable bases for years, I'm kind of puzzled as to why people are wondering if that's changed with this year's assortment.

If CollectA were to introduce removeable bases, they'd surely advertise it.

Honestly I am not in favor of extractables basis for a simple reason: take up much space.

Rebor utahraptor base is pretty bad and moreover the other figures of the same brand cause headaches when putting them on a shelf, apart from this there is a risk of losing them.

Ultimately I prefer to keep doing Collecta figures without detachable bases, it is from my humble point of view the most successful.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: