News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Inspired by palaeoart

Started by DinoToyForum, May 13, 2012, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Oh my, now Collecta just HAS to do a Rex in the other position too (1:15 scale please! ;))... they gave us a carcass, bare breasts and a penis last year, so why not go all the way? :)

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on October 12, 2012, 09:16:47 PM
Oh my, now Collecta just HAS to do a Rex in the other position too (1:15 scale please! ;))... they gave us a carcass, bare breasts and a penis last year, so why not go all the way? :)

Jajajaja ;D Good reply. I think that they could to do the male T-Rex to recreate the scene ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

copper

Seijun

Quote from: Jetoar on October 12, 2012, 11:49:04 AM
Ohhhhhh good image  ^-^. Collecta do other figures with images for example deluxe T-Rex of Collecta and T-Rex copula of Raul Martín (with a Jurassic Park head).

This has been discussed before, but I am still not convinced that the Raul Martin image was the inspiration for the pose on collecta's trex. I think it is much more likely that they tried to make it look like this very iconic JP scene:

(After all, its clearly also supposed to be a JP-style rex, and not a Raul Martin-style rex  :) Looking at collecta's rex, I very much doubt that ANY reference material was used other than Jurassic Park.)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

From my point of view, This collecta T-rex is a combination of Raul Martín and Jurassic Park T-Rex  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Takama

To me, the CollectA Rex is too low to represent that Scene in JP.

CityRaptor

Indeed, really looks more like Martin's work, pose-wise.

As for pose actually inspired by JP, you should look at the Papo Rex. Pretty much looks like the final T-Rex scene in the movie.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

John

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 23, 2012, 11:40:59 PM
Indeed, really looks more like Martin's work, pose-wise.

As for pose actually inspired by JP, you should look at the Papo Rex. Pretty much looks like the final T-Rex scene in the movie.
...Do you guys seriously think that that CollectA one is meant to be in a position of being HUMPED?!? :))
I know how bad it looks in that position in light of that Raul Martin illustration,but it should be quite obvious that it's meant to be roaring out like in the Jurassic Park movie screenshot shown by Jetoar. ;D
It's still funny though
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

A carcass,bare breasts and a penis...just what exactly is CollectA making anyway?!? ;D
...and the bare breasts were not from a Raquel Welch looking cavegirl,but a very ugly Neanderthal!!! *yuck*
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: John on November 25, 2012, 11:08:24 PM
A carcass,bare breasts and a penis...just what exactly is CollectA making anyway?!? ;D
...and the bare breasts were not from a Raquel Welch looking cavegirl,but a very ugly Neanderthal!!! *yuck*
A very ugly, but realistic Neanderthal female. A "Raquel Welch cavegirl" is unrealistic and just a male fantasy.

I guess if they wanted to gross us out even further, they could do a birth scene or a copulation scene :-X *yuck*

CityRaptor

Well, that Megacerops is in dire need of a female...

But yeah, the ugly one is more realistic, and they can pass it as National Geographic Nudity. A Raquel Welch Cavegirl would however work pretty well with the Harryhausen-Style Allosaurus, that was announced somewhere...
Oh no

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 26, 2012, 01:45:13 AM
Quote from: John on November 25, 2012, 11:08:24 PM
A very ugly, but realistic Neanderthal female. A "Raquel Welch cavegirl" is unrealistic and just a male fantasy.

I guess if they wanted to gross us out even further, they could do a birth scene or a copulation scene :-X *yuck*
Realistically,the "Raquel Welch" cavegirl would have been much closer in appearence to all the fat,dumpy cavemen she was surrounded by,with the same amount of body hair and all!!! ;D

CityRaptor

Actually they were not that hairy.

But yes, she would look pretty close to them, unless she is a Cro-Magnom adopted by Neanderthals for some reason.

Oh no

brontodocus

And unlike Raquel Welch, they may have been blonde...

...like Shelley Long! Sorry, I couldn't resist... ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

alexeratops

Ok, let's get back on topic. I'm not sure I should have been reading this part of the thread. Who agrees?
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Ummm, for one thing, the Neanderthals would not have had access to makeup and all that fake stuff that the actress probably used to look the way she did. There were no hairbrushes back then and she wouldn't have shaved her body hair.

(Not my photos)

Brb gotta puke.

Jetoar

I think that this neanderthal woman looks like a Troll of David the Gnomo  ^-^.

Takama

Takama

Bump

Ok I was looking at Sepps artwork and i noticed something.

Has Geoworld Took inspiration from one of our members?

Seijun

The head and neck on that figure are exceptionally beautiful (IMO). It's too bad the rest of the figure is so exceptionally ugly.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: