News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Inspired by palaeoart

Started by DinoToyForum, May 13, 2012, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

It's not the first time Geoworld has ripped off another artist's work. They did it with Red-Dilopho's Protoceratops.

Pretty sickening if you ask me :/

ajax

Quote from: Takama on March 22, 2013, 02:07:55 AM
Bump

Ok I was looking at Sepps artwork and i noticed something.

Has Geoworld Took inspiration from one of our members?

More like copied it, Sepp's is much nicer though.

Brontozaurus

A lot of the 2nd expedition figures are copies of art or other figures. The Agustinia and Jobaria are dead ringers for the CollectA figures, and their Australovenator is extremely close to this, though the colours aren't as nice.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Primeval12

Safari Scutosaurus

Do dead animals count?

Primeval12

Oh, and inspired by the figure.....

Takama

Looks like the Invicta Model

KeU

Quote from: Takama on May 08, 2013, 06:16:49 PM

Looks like the Invicta Model

Looks like a Komodo Dragon's head....

Seijun

Isn't that the model that the invicta toy was based on, the one that used to be in the British Museum?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Mauro "Raptor86"

Wild Safari T. rex

Robert Walters' T. rex

tyrantqueen

Apart from the colour, I don't see any other resemblance ???

CityRaptor

The Dino Crisis Rex also is that color.

If we go by colors alone, the green WS Safari one and it's offspring are based on Blueback and its family from Age of Reptiles.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Primeval12

Safari Sarcoprion

Safari Scapanorhynchus

By the way thanks for the review Pelesiosaura 

Ikessauro

Collecta Plants: do you guys agree with this one? Could this be the inspiration for these figures?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dan

Just noticed this. Whatcha think - Inspiration, or coincidence?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd say..hit.  Pretty close in color and patterns and it has the same sort of body scaling as well.

Takama

The geoworld camerasaurus may look weird with the quills on its neck, but it to is inspired by paleo art

tyrantqueen

Eh, aside from the quills on the head, there's not much of a resemblance.

Gwangi

You don't see a lot of quills on sauropods so I'm sure they must have used that image as a reference even if that is all they took away from it. I must say though, that Geoworld Camarasaurus is just awful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd say the head and quills match the middle sauropod pretty well..however it looks like the artist just slapped it on a generic sauropod body after that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: