News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dan's Dinosaurs [ DTF Exclusive Offers ]

Started by Dan, March 13, 2012, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Yeah, I was looking for it under Sean Cooper on your website but quickly realized it was under your collection!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Takama

Dan

In addition to the new Dryptosaurus as Takama kindly pointed out, there are now four new models sculpted by Sean Cooper.

The new 1:30 Triceratops by Shane Foulkes is now ready for orders. Be sure to stop by at Wonderfest this month to see his work in person.

Several new books have been added to the shop, as well as a preorder option for this highly demanded work, expected for limited release in a few months:

Takama

Also the safari elasmosaurus is now avalible from him.    I would provide link. But its impossble via phone

Weaver

Give it all to me. AAAH. *grabby hands at book* $50... I should open up paid requests to get that. Hmmm.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man I wish that Diplo was available in 1:15..I would be ALL OVER IT . The pose and everything looks perfect.

Dan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 15, 2013, 02:49:00 AM
Man I wish that Diplo was available in 1:15..I would be ALL OVER IT . The pose and everything looks perfect.

Don't worry, friend. Something is coming in 1:15 soon that will make you forget all about it.   >:D

tyrantqueen

Diplo is perfect size for me, I am going to pick it up soon. I preordered Dinosaur Sculpting through Amazon, it worked out cheaper in my country.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on May 15, 2013, 03:30:53 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 15, 2013, 02:49:00 AM

Don't worry, friend. Something is coming in 1:15 soon that will make you forget all about it.   >:D

What a tease ! lol Well congrats you've built up something so grand in my mind I hope it can deliver...  ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

I wondered myself, which of these models are ones you are just stocking through your business and which ones are part of the " Dan's Dinosaurs" line of models?Or are all of these pieces part of your own line Dan?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dan

It might be a little easier to follow if you visit the website, where the categories are listed on the left side.

There are a few different sections (Books, Posters, etc.) but most items fall into either the Figure section (Safari, Papo, etc.) and the Model section (Foulkes, Krentz, etc.) If you look under this model section, you'll see the category "Dan's Dinosaurs", which contains all the exclusive models. Currently there are four different pieces available in this exclusive line, as you'll see here:

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-Models-cln-Dan%27s-Dinosaurs/Categories.bok

Koolasuchus
Gorgonops
Gargoyleosaurus
Diabloceratops

There is a fifth piece currently in the casting phase, as I mentioned. Like most kits, they can be ordered in either resin kit form or fully finished by Martin Garratt. Let me know if that clears it up.

tyrantqueen

Sorry if this is an annoying question, but do you think Max Salas' kits will ever be cast again? :( I missed out on the opportunity to get some first time around and I'm kicking myself.

Simon

Probably not.  Who knows where the original figures are.  The moulds made from the originals are long gone (they only last 40-50 castings). 

radman

I think that most of Max's original molds were destroyed in a fire years ago, so those will never be remade.  The ones that Dan has are the only ones left, but someone has to actually buy them and produce the figures.  Max is busy with his architecture firm and probably won't be making any models for the time being.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: radman on May 17, 2013, 02:54:15 PM
I think that most of Max's original molds were destroyed in a fire years ago, so those will never be remade.  The ones that Dan has are the only ones left, but someone has to actually buy them and produce the figures.  Max is busy with his architecture firm and probably won't be making any models for the time being.

That fire at Saurian Studios cost us a lot of good models. I still can't find that nice large Allosaurus they produced..it was a beautiful piece. I guess the lesson is to do your best to acquire something you want when you have the chance if you can, if it was impossible swallow it and try to move on. :/

Simon

I believe that the fire that destroyed Max's moulds (and uncounted other garage kit moulds) occurred about 9-10 years ago at the Alchemy Works in Texas, which is THE garage kit maker in the US that most of the 'name' sculptors send their pieces to for moulding and casting ...

Simon

Another thing about Max's kits - they were sold in the US exclusively from the now-defunct Link and Pin Hobbies in Las Vegas.

In its time (10 years ago) Link and Pin was THE store to get every manner of resin garage dinosaur kit known to man from.

There was only one problem.  Art over at Link and Pin priced everything very, very high.  His Argentinosaurus (1/35 scale) for example, cost over $300 in 2003 dollars ....

I don't know for sure, but I believe that his high prices were partially responsible for his business going under ...

Dan

Yes, as mentioned before, Max is focusing on his primary career right now, so he's putting the resin kits aside for the time being. The nature of this niche market means that it's better to buy early, if you find something you really like.

On that note, thanks to all who made the Gargoyleosaurus such a huge success! This piece is now sold out, and there no current plans to release more (If I do, it will likely be a while).

Takama

Right now all of the newer kinto favorite soft models are avlible on his website.

He also Just put this up for sale

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-580/Suchomimus-Finished-Model-by/Detail.bok

Suchomimus.

Dan

Hah, very nice, thank you. Guess I'll just confirm that now.

All the new 2013 Safari pieces are now in stock, as well as the new Series 3 models from Favorite.

Exclusive #5 has been revealed today.

Suchomimus by Eduardo Pantoja Moreno
8 piece kit
1:15 Scale
Length: 27" (70 cm)

Available in both resin kit form or fully finished by Martin Garratt.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: