News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Looks really cool!  :D

Concavenator

BTW,tyrantqueen,could you postn pics of your Dilophosaurus when it arrives,please?  ^-^

Invicta Hunter

The paint job doesn't look very good.

sauroid

wow! that Dilo looks better now. i am getting one for sure. (and it looks much better with its mouth closed)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SpartanSquat

Dilo loos awesome! I hope it will be released very soon. Yesterday in the Natural History Museum of Madrid said me its probably the dilophosaurus was delayed to september.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on June 19, 2014, 10:15:55 AM
BTW,tyrantqueen,could you postn pics of your Dilophosaurus when it arrives,please?  ^-^
Sure.

alexeratops

Dilo looks pretty good, but I never realized his hand touched the ground.
like a bantha!

Roselaar

Quote from: alexeratops on June 19, 2014, 02:53:40 PM
Dilo looks pretty good, but I never realized his hand touched the ground.

Nor did I. I can live with it though.

It's a thrilling model for sure. I like the blue mixed in with the paint job. The Papo line needs more colour than just bland greys and browns, hopefully the released model won't lose that aspect.

Centrosaur86

Hello! The Dilophosaurus looks beautiful! The dilo is slender as the Carnotaurus, the feet and the head are smaller. exactly what I was hoping!  This animal has besides the other papo dinosaurs has a length around the 8.50 m. they were mostly 6-7 m. So it would be an extra large alpha male.

for 2015, the Giganotosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Apatosaurus like!

Everything_Dinosaur

The Papo Dilophosaurus dinosaur model is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur (£8.79 plus postage).

Model measures around 14cm long (actually bigger than this as the tail is wrapped around towards the back of the animal).  Head height 7cm high, nice detailing, model works well in scale with Papo Allosaurus.

Papo Dilophosaurus is here: Papo Dilophosaurus

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's review of the new Papo Dilophosaurus dinosaur model: Papo Dilophosaurus Video Review
In this short video (5 mins 10 seconds), we briefly comment on the fossil material, assess the approximate scale of this replica and demonstrate that this model does indeed have an articulated lower jaw. With care the lower jaw can be prised open to reveal details of the mouth including a raised tongue.

As far as we know, most of the staff at Papo were not aware of this model actually coming out with the articulated jaw.

Everything_Dinosaur

Noted the requests for 2015, we have speculated that a feathered Theropod might be worth considering as Papo extends its range to over 35 prehistoric animal replicas.  The vibes we have had is that there is not going to be a truly colossal dinosaur model made for a while yet, but they could be just kidding with us!

Concavenator

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on June 26, 2014, 03:58:00 PM
Noted the requests for 2015, we have speculated that a feathered Theropod might be worth considering as Papo extends its range to over 35 prehistoric animal replicas.  The vibes we have had is that there is not going to be a truly colossal dinosaur model made for a while yet, but they could be just kidding with us!
OMG yes please!Feathered theropod!!! YEAH

Centrosaur86

If so then I hope on a feathered Utahraptor !!!  :D

Concavenator

Quote from: kristian on June 26, 2014, 08:33:32 PM
If so then I hope on a feathered Utahraptor!!!  :D
I'd doubt that seriously.I think the far most possible contender is Therizinosaurus.Papo could just laugh at Schleich's ridiculous thing if so.The fluffyness thing for it would be awesome.It could be the best Therizinosaurus if they get serious.

Centrosaur86

A Therizinosaurus of papo would be nice too. It will fix a lot better than the schleich Therizinosaurus indeed. And will be a lot more realistic and not a children's toy animal. But I hope on a Utahraptor!  :D

Dan

Shown beside Papo Rex:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on June 26, 2014, 08:39:45 PM
Quote from: kristian on June 26, 2014, 08:33:32 PM
If so then I hope on a feathered Utahraptor!!!  :D
I'd doubt that seriously.I think the far most possible contender is Therizinosaurus.Papo could just laugh at Schleich's ridiculous thing if so.The fluffyness thing for it would be awesome.It could be the best Therizinosaurus if they get serious.

CollectA is already laughing at it... ;)

Shadowknight1

Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but if not, oh well.  A couple of months back, I got the Papo running T. rex and I love it with one exception.  The guy(or girl) won't stand.  The right foot doesn't sit flat on the shelf.  In fact, only the tips of two of the toe claws touch.  The only way to keep him upright in my collection is to have his left foot tucked under the tail of the standing T. rex.  And I only started doing that after one of his falls knocked my Allosaurus off the entertainment center(that one had trouble standing as well) and pretty much wrecked the paintjob on that figure when it hit my PS3.  Ended up replacing the Allosaurus and while the new one doesn't have the same almost eyeshadow around the eyes, he is still painted well and stands much better than the old one.  Because of this, I've been endeavoring to keep any of my figures away from the T. rex lest they fall prey to the same thing.  Is there any way to fix this guy?  I tried immersing one of his legs in hot water yesterday, bending it into place, and then ran cold water over it.  I even stuck the guy in the freezer afterwards.  And for a few hours, he was standing perfectly.  Then he fell over again.  What am I doing wrong?  What can I do, short of buying another and praying he has better posture?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

I find a hairdryer tends to give better results than hot water, especially on larger pieces, but its still no guarantee
I've only managed long term success with either technique a few times

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: