News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

I only read something like that once, well actually two times, since it was mentioned on two figures. ( Papo and Schleich Spino on Amazon Germany ) Someone had recieved a bad Papo Spinosaurus. Or atleast claimed so.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Papo Camarasaurus?

tyrantqueen

If it was any sauropod I'd bet they'd go for a Apatosaurus. But who knows.

For next year, I think they will make a baby Stegosaurus and possibly a Giganotosaurus. That is the one big carnivore they haven't tackled yet.

Arul

Baby parasaurolophus maybe ?

Quen

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 04, 2014, 07:59:40 AM
For next year, I think they will make a baby Stegosaurus and possibly a Giganotosaurus. That is the one big carnivore they haven't tackled yet.

I thought this, too. As much as I'd like a big sauropod, I think the "giant dinosaur figure" this year will be a Giganotasaurus.

dragon53

Any news on WHEN Papo will announce the new dinosaurs for 2015?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not yet.  Haven't seen any 2015 items mentioned as of yet.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Quendrega on December 04, 2014, 04:34:19 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 04, 2014, 07:59:40 AM

...I think the "giant dinosaur figure" this year will be a Giganotasaurus.

Too much word play going on ;). Perhaps, that was a subtle hint by Everything Dinosaur!

tanystropheus

Quote from: dragon53 on December 04, 2014, 05:38:49 PM
Any news on WHEN Papo will announce the new dinosaurs for 2015?

The announcement is probably imminent.

triceratops83

Someone on STS Forum said Papo will announce news within the next two weeks.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Rathalosaurus

If there'll be a Giganotosaurus I would very like something like this:
[[[http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140419123823/heroes-and-villains-fight-club/images/b/bd/Giganotosaurus.jpg]]]
[[[http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/giganotosaurus-dinosaur-22795148.jpg]]]
[[[http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/176/3/2/giganotosaurus_1_15_scale_by_galileon-d6any14.jpg]]]
I know that it's too late for suggestions, but I would love a figurine like any of these three.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Rathalosaurus

How the hell can I post ONLY the images and not the link.
Could someone explain that to me? ??? ???

stargatedalek

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on December 05, 2014, 07:35:33 PM
If there'll be a Giganotosaurus I would very like something like this:

I know that it's too late for suggestions, but I would love a figurine like any of these three.

-post the image code (as you did)
-do not include all of those brackets
-highlight the image location code (which you just posted)
-click the image icon at the top of the type command box

Rathalosaurus

Okay. I nearly understood everything, except for ''highlighting''.
How do I do that?

stargatedalek

thats when you hold in the mouse and slide it over the text

Rathalosaurus

Ah okay. Thanks for the tips. :)

Takama

Quote from: Raptoress on December 03, 2014, 08:11:56 PM
Quote from: kreativtek on November 30, 2014, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2014, 09:52:45 PM
QuotePaintjob aside, there's another reason why I want to return the figure. It was supposed to be new, but I've received it without original packaging and with some weird-looking substance on the feet. Its condition may also explain lackluster paintjob. What do your Parasaurolophuses look like?
Did it come with a tag? It should if it is brand new. I'd return it if it was me. You paid for something that claimed to be brand new but the seller wasn't telling the truth I guess.

My other Papo dinosaurs came with a tag and wrapped in a plastic bag. This one did not, which is why I have already informed the seller that I will be sending the figure back. I guess I will get an Allosaurus or Running T-rex insted. But this time I will buy from the official retailer.

Are you sure you did not buy a counterfeit model? My Papo Parasaurolophus is superbly detailed in its paint job. It doesn't sound like Papo to have poor craftsmanship, so I'm quite surprised to hear of this. I hope you will be able to get it sorted out soon.

I have Two diffrent Papo Paras, and one of them is Darker the the other, because the Darker ones is the oldest model that was released back in 2005.   And the paint on its belly looks sloppier 

Concavenator

In two weeks we should (supposedly) know about Papo's releases for 2015.
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 05, 2014, 01:20:23 PM
Here's what I think the lineup will be.Three figures:
Apatosaurus OR Diplodocus.I personally think Apatosaurus is slightly more plausible.
Ceratosaurus.People hoping for a Papo Giganotosaurus is relatively new,there were hopes for a Ceratosaurus some years before.
Therizinosaurus.It's been hinted they'll do a feathered theropod for 2015.I think Therizinosaurus is the safest choice.
Not sure why are so many people rumouring about a baby Stegosaurus.Papo (often) releases 3 figures a year.I think in 2014 they've been sort of resting because 2013 was extremely hard for them.Their details on their Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon are impressive,so,instead on adding another dinosaur,they just did a baby.But who knows?They might bring out one.I guess it'd be JP inspired,so not really putting my hopes too high for this one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on December 08, 2014, 05:34:07 PM
In two weeks we should (supposedly) know about Papo's releases for 2015.
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 05, 2014, 01:20:23 PM
Here's what I think the lineup will be.Three figures:
Apatosaurus OR Diplodocus.I personally think Apatosaurus is slightly more plausible.
Ceratosaurus.People hoping for a Papo Giganotosaurus is relatively new,there were hopes for a Ceratosaurus some years before.
Therizinosaurus.It's been hinted they'll do a feathered theropod for 2015.I think Therizinosaurus is the safest choice.
Not sure why are so many people rumouring about a baby Stegosaurus.Papo (often) releases 3 figures a year.I think in 2014 they've been sort of resting because 2013 was extremely hard for them.Their details on their Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon are impressive,so,instead on adding another dinosaur,they just did a baby.But who knows?They might bring out one.I guess it'd be JP inspired,so not really putting my hopes too high for this one.

Not sure about this year but I'd it's likely we'll get one eventually. It would probably be JP inspired so you have the JP fans, it's a baby so appeals to boys/girls, it's a little smaller so on the cheaper side. I also can't us getting three big prehistoric creatures in one year. A mix seems more possible.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI think in 2014 they've been sort of resting because 2013 was extremely hard for them.
What makes you believe that?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: