News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I can't say I like the new rex either. The colors remind me of the Schleich giganotosaurus. I guess this is a good excuse for me to buy the brown one after all this procrastinating. The raptor is an improvement if they're going for a JP/// look. IMO the last one didn't really resemble it that well. While not perfect, the new one is more accurate to the movie.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dobber

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that new Rex color. I know I like the brown one bettert, though.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

joossa

Papo and bright colors!? Heresy!  ;D
I didn't know that they packed dino models in boxes. Maybe this will be a bundled set? Reminds me of some CollectA boxes I have seen.

All in all, I'm not digging the new color schemes. From the photos, it looks like the Rex has smaller eyes, which is an improvement.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

Someone good at translating Korean? Seems like these two are not replacements, but Limited Editions, according to an online translator. Someone able to confirm this?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dyscrasia

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2015, 06:27:47 PM
Someone good at translating Korean? Seems like these two are not replacements, but Limited Editions, according to an online translator. Someone able to confirm this?

Yes, this will be a limited edition only sold in packages, but the exact number of units is not revealed yet.

KeU

Quote from: Dyscrasia on July 30, 2015, 04:32:15 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2015, 06:27:47 PM

Yes, this will be a limited edition only sold in packages, but the exact number of units is not revealed yet.

And that these are the production samples shown in the pictures.
The figures will hit the market around Oct.

tanystropheus

Quote from: joossa on July 29, 2015, 05:56:25 PM

Well, isn't the Papo Baronyx a yellow color?

joossa

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 01, 2015, 03:28:56 AM
Quote from: joossa on July 29, 2015, 05:56:25 PM

Well, isn't the Papo Baronyx a yellow color?
Not sure if that has been confirmed. I remember reading it will have a bright color scheme.
Regardless, my comment was a joke.  ;)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Hey guys,

I got a second Allosaurus (both came from 88 Market Street on Amazon), and the colors are different. My original one (with the tags removed) has a darker, more grey looking paint scheme. The newer one is more colorful with more vibrant greens and oranges. Also, the old one has a two-piece clear stand while the new one has a single piece stand. Is this a common variation with the Allo? I think both are nice but I like my newer, more colorful one better. Oh, and it stands very well compared to my first one!

Jetoar

With the spinosaurus , the situation is really similar because the fin has a blue spotts and diferentes colors in its body that the firsts spinosaurus havent got.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

joossa

Interesting. I would say mine looks more like the first one shown in your picture sets. The striping pattern isn't as well defined, though... More like an intermediate of the two? We can definitely say Papo has shown variability in their paint apps, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Here's mine:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dobber

Yeah, mine and all the ones I have actually seen look like your first one....not nearly as good as the promo pictures or, I guess, the early release ones, as they all looked MUCH better. Everyone always praised the Allosaurus as the best from papo, but I was always disappointed because they didn't look as good as the pictures people had of theirs. Looks like they are improving again though, by the looks of your second pictured one.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

CityRaptor

I think it is likely a running change.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Appalachiosaurus

Could someone help me out? I was wanting to buy the Papo Triceratops, but I am not sure if I really have any space for it. Can someone please take a comparison picture of it and the Battat Triceratops for me? (I plan to have them as a male and a female)

CarnotaurusKing

I have the brown standing T-rex, Carnotaurus and Triceratops.

I would like Papo to make a Carcharodontosaurus, Baryonyx, Sarcosuchus, Kronosaurus and either Iguanodon or Ouranosaurus. And since Papo is an expert at creating mutant aberrations, I would also like an Indominus rex.

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on August 06, 2015, 04:02:58 PM
Could someone help me out? I was wanting to buy the Papo Triceratops, but I am not sure if I really have any space for it. Can someone please take a comparison picture of it and the Battat Triceratops for me? (I plan to have them as a male and a female)

I don't have the Battat Triceratops but the Papo Triceratops is a great model if you are considering buying it, if you excuse the boring color scheme and the cracked horns.

Daspletodave

The Papo Triceratops is huge - it dwarfs the Battat Triceratops. It is very similar in size to the Papo Stegosaurus, if you have that.

suspsy

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on August 09, 2015, 03:26:19 PM

I would like Papo to make a Carcharodontosaurus, Baryonyx, Sarcosuchus, Kronosaurus and either Iguanodon or Ouranosaurus. And since Papo is an expert at creating mutant aberrations, I would also like an Indominus rex.

No chance of that last one happening, not unless Papo approached Universal and somehow persuaded them to give over the license without throwing Hasbro into a fury.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on August 09, 2015, 06:04:27 PM
The Papo Triceratops is huge - it dwarfs the Battat Triceratops. It is very similar in size to the Papo Stegosaurus, if you have that.

O.K. Thanks! The huge size is a bit confusing, is it supposed to be in 1:35 scale? It seems more along the 1:30. Guess it won't fit in my Diorama.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: suspsy on August 09, 2015, 08:49:56 PM
Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on August 09, 2015, 03:26:19 PM

No chance of that last one happening, not unless Papo approached Universal and somehow persuaded them to give over the license without throwing Hasbro into a fury.

Yeah, that definitely won't be happening any time soon. With Star Wars, Disney/Lucasfilm allow other companies to do similar toys. For example, even though Hasbro does 6" Star Wars figures, so does Medicom. The same goes for other companies like Warner Brothers for DC and Marvel. So, Universal could grant similar licenses to other companies to also develop official JP product, but that's something they would have to work out with Hasbro so that it doesn't directly compete with their offerings and target market.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: