News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: suspsy on October 21, 2015, 04:56:03 PM
Look what showed up in my neck of the woods!

Have to say, I'm sorely, sorely tempted. That colour scheme rocks!

Sold separately?  So much for being a box set like the one I got.    :P

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Rain on October 22, 2015, 02:36:38 AM
Not sure which Papo thread has them, but forum user Viking Spawn has an excellent album filled with pictures of the two, here's a link to his thread
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3779.40;topicseen

Thank you Rain.   :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Rain on October 22, 2015, 02:36:38 AM
Not sure which Papo thread has them, but forum user Viking Spawn has an excellent album filled with pictures of the two, here's a link to his thread
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3779.40;topicseen

Thanks again, Rain! I really like these! So refreshing to see some colors like these on Papo figures. I definitely want to add these to my collection! :) I actually hope I can find the boxed set. Besides probably saving a little money vs. buying them separately, the box will help protect them in stores compared to having them scattered on shelves or god forbid in bins! :P

And thank you, Viking Spawn for those really amazing pics!

Dilopho

Woah! Those are threatening!

Viking Spawn

Thank you everyone.   :)

Plasticbeast95

Meh, I think its a little too monochrome for a T. rex. But that's just my opinion.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on October 28, 2015, 10:08:03 PM
Meh, I think its a little too monochrome for a T. rex. But that's just my opinion.

Don't you mean polychrome? I count at least 4 colours which is three more than monochrome.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 29, 2015, 03:32:18 AM

Don't you mean polychrome? I count at least 4 colours which is three more than monochrome.

Definitely more chroma than all the previous Papo rexes...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 22, 2015, 03:59:52 AM

Sold separately?  So much for being a box set like the one I got.    :P

Yes, the Velociraptor was also being sold separately.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ikessauro

Will it replace the brown T.rex? AFAIK this is a temporary limited edition, isn't?

Roselaar

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 29, 2015, 05:37:03 PM
Will it replace the brown T.rex? AFAIK this is a temporary limited edition, isn't?

Correct. So it's not likely to replace the current brown Rex.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2015, 05:51:29 PM

Of course. They are 8 adult JP Style Rexes, after all. And they are looking in the same direction, so something got their attention...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

KeU

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 29, 2015, 09:41:22 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2015, 05:51:29 PM
Of course. They are 8 adult JP Style Rexes, after all. And they are looking in the same direction, so something got their attention...
Could be worse, could be 9.

Victoria's Cantina

I hope these hit in the US... at least on Amazon. I'd really like to get one.

Takama

I was at Hobby lobby, and they stocked the newly Painted Spinosaurus. one thing i noticed is that there made out of a Firmer plastic.   I had three of these figures in my life, and on all of them, the arms were pliable, but on both of there new ones they were Stiff as if bending it would break them.

Has anyone else noticed this with there Newer Spinosaurus?

Molesaur

Quote from: Takama on November 01, 2015, 05:26:56 AM
I was at Hobby lobby, and they stocked the newly Painted Spinosaurus. one thing i noticed is that there made out of a Firmer plastic.   I had three of these figures in my life, and on all of them, the arms were pliable, but on both of there new ones they were Stiff as if bending it would break them.

i just got one of those, its the first one i've ever had but the arms do feel stiff on mine like they would break if i tried moving them. the only thing i have thats around the same size to compare it to is a green running t rex and the t rex feels a lot more pliable especially the tail, i can easily move the t rex tail but the spinosaur tail is very hard and i can't move it

kreativtek

Quote from: Molesaur on November 01, 2015, 06:03:39 AM
Quote from: Takama on November 01, 2015, 05:26:56 AM

i just got one of those, its the first one i've ever had but the arms do feel stiff on mine like they would break if i tried moving them. the only thing i have thats around the same size to compare it to is a green running t rex and the t rex feels a lot more pliable especially the tail, i can easily move the t rex tail but the spinosaur tail is very hard and i can't move it

The worst part is that they can actually break. Over the course of last few months I've seen at least three damaged Spinosaurus figures, two of them had broken hands and one had its head torn off.

suspsy

Sounds like the revenge of Tyrannosaurus rex!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Reminds me the only negative review of the Papo T.rex on Amazon, where one of the complaints about it having rubbery arms, while the "superior Schleich" one doesn't. Which would explain why one sees so many Schleich ones with missing arms...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 29, 2015, 03:32:18 AM

No, I mean that it is rather "monochromatic" for a T. rex, in comparison to other rex figures. Rather dull, in fact.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: