News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Vintage & Modern Dinosaur Collection (New items coming soon)

Started by Archinto, January 05, 2016, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 20, 2016, 03:56:00 PM
Can you post a comparison pic? I had no idea there was a size difference.

I've added this to the topic post as well, but heres the photo for easy reference of size without digging like a paleontologist...

Size differences between Sinclair Dinoland and modern blow mold dinosaurs. by Archinto, on Flickr
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archinto on March 20, 2016, 06:31:55 PM

I've added this to the topic post as well, but heres the photo for easy reference of size without digging like a paleontologist...

Size differences between Sinclair Dinoland and modern blow mold dinosaurs. by Archinto, on Flickr

Wow that is a difference!  I was thinking I would have to get 4 current pieces but now...lol well that figures. heh

Archinto

Paleo Art

Recent Additions: Custom Handmade "DinoMike" Styracosaurus, and Paleo-Creatures Torvosaurus

This is where any paleo art finds will rest. This applies to custom sculpture, paintings, drawings etc that are not crafted by my own hands.

I recently found this awesome high quality print for pennies! It is signed JC2007. Don't really know too much about it, but it sure looks rad on my wall!

EDIT Thanks to Acrosaurotaurus, I now know the artist of this piece. Its by John Conway, and is titled "Night Birds" Its a depiction of a pair of Nyctosaurs in flight.

"Night Birds" by John Conway by Archinto, on Flickr

Faunacasts Parasaurolophus

Faunacasts Parasaurolophus by Archinto, on Flickr

Faunacasts Parasaurolophus by Archinto, on Flickr

Custom One of a Kind Tyrannosaurus Rex Sculpture, Unknown Artist

Custom Polymer Clay Tyrannosaurus statue, unknown artist by Archinto, on Flickr

Paleo-Creatures Torvosaurus by DTF member Jetoar

Paleo-Creatures Torvosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Custom one of a kind Styracosaurus by DTF member Dinomike. I really love this lil polymer dino :)

Styracosaurus custom sculpture by DTF member Dinomike by Archinto, on Flickr

I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Archinto on March 28, 2016, 01:09:31 AM
Paleo Art

This is where any paleo art finds will rest. This applies to custom sculpture, paintings, drawings etc that are not crafted by my own hands.

I recently found this awesome high quality print for pennies! It is signed JC2007. Don't really know too much about it, but it sure looks rad on my wall!

Paleo art treasure find! Signed JC2007 by Archinto, on Flickr

Its a pair of female Pteranodon longiceps by paleoartist John Conway, who is known for his beautiful pterosaurs.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

Oh wow, That is awesome! Certainly worth more than the $1.50 I paid for it then haha! I looked up his art, and its pretty awesome!

Takama

Quote from: Archinto on March 20, 2016, 06:31:55 PM

I see we have another Bionicle fan on the forum

Archinto

You have probably seen some of my insane builds Takama. I am really well known in the lego community. I also go by Roa McToa on BZPower. That gold mask you see in the background is a killer rare one of a kind lego collectible I won in a building competition put on by Lego.

Takama

I think you can guess what Charectors i took inspiration from when i came up with my user name.  On there Im Takamasaurus but i have not been into Bionicle as much as i was in its glory days.

I only have last years Set of Toa, and i dont think i will be getting any more.  I guess im moving on in life :-\

Archinto

I'll be getting all the new sets just to have the parts! Cooooool parts. Plus I need more pieces to build stuff like this...

Kikanalo Cheiftan by Archinto, on Flickr

This is one of my faves Ive built. I have others that are bigger and badder than this fella. Take a look through my flickr gallery sometimes.

I have a huge update to my collection topic coming shortly, and then another update after that!

Archinto

Just added a slew of new Dino's to the Monochromes section, and also posted a set of new to me resaurus dinosaurs. I've got another good load coming in including more thunder beasts, a rare invicta and Ill be doing a post on dinosaur & ancient mammal related Zoids soon!

Archinto

I've added new dinosaurs to the following posts: Thunder Beasts, SRG, Dragons & Monsters, Starlux & Blow Mold Dinosaurs, Monochrome Dinosaurs & Resaurus. Check out the updates!

I recently got in a rash of new to me vintage dinosaurs. I am especially fond of the set of Linde dinosaurs I got in. They are so beautiful! Finally completed my collection of the set A minis from the thunder beasts line. Now to try to find the set B minis. They were released later and are a little tougher to find. One step closer to filling out the Thunder Beasts collection! I managed to find a boxed Dilophosaurus as well! Very nice looking figure in the box.

Desktop Models and Model Kits

RECENT ADDITION: Tamiya Brachiosaurus (unpainted)

For this post I will share my larger scale desktop models, and will also put any plastic model kit dinos I have here as well.

For now, I will post this awesome 1:10 scale 4' long T-Rex skeleton by Geoworld/Geofin of Italy. Comes with a replica life size tooth too. Pretty awesome setup. I have a skull from an older one of these skeletons as well and they have done some upgrading since that initial one was produced.

Geoworld/Geofin of Italy 1:10th scale Tyrannosaurus Rex Skeleton Model by Archinto, on Flickr

Here it is in its display spot in my living room :)

Goeworld 1:10th scale Tyrannosaurus Skeleton by Archinto, on Flickr

Commercially Available Model Kits

unpainted Tamiya Brachiosaurus. I found this guy assembled at a thrift store for a few dollars. I am eager to work on it and make it look great!

Tamiya Brachiosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Archinto

Just did a major update to the topic!

New Additions to HG Dinosaur Warriors, Monochrome Dinosaurs, and 90's-00's and modern dinosaurs and more! See the top post for whats got new updates! I added a lot of dinosaurs when y'all werent lookin! ;)

For this post I'll share my Dino Brite Dinosaurs. I have these two large figures, as well as a couple minis (same as panosh dino-mites but in neon colors w/o piant) I also have a very large "Color me Dino" from this line. I'll post a photo of him soon. I was never able to get the big bad boy as a kid and recently acquired one for cheap! I'm going to make a shipwrights outfit for him once it gets here... :p

RECENT ADDITIONS: Kato Dino Brites color me dino doll!

I'll add any future Dino Brites to this post, and if I get my hands on some Panosh figures they will go here too as they are prior mold related to the Dino Brite minis.

Heres the two poseable vinyl figures I have. I've had Pinkie since I was a kid, mom bought it in 91 for my birthday when these came out. I soooo want the other colors! I got Mr. Lemon at a yard sale several years ago, and love how minty he is! (These arent their real names. they were unnamed figs) The hands are so tactile, one of my favorite things about these guys.

Dino Brites large figures by Happiness Express 1991 by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino Brites large figures by Happiness Express 1991 by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino Brites Color me Dinos

Kato

Dino Brites Kato, Color Me Dino Doll by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino Brites Kato, Color Me Dino Doll by Archinto, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had a little green one of those once and a big green one..they reminded me of something from Jim Henson's creature shop..lol

Archinto

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2016, 04:19:53 AM
I had a little green one of those once and a big green one..they reminded me of something from Jim Henson's creature shop..lol

They totally look Henson-esque. I love them! These are the figures that are about 10" tall or so. The one I have coming should be here monday, but its larger and has a plush body. Orange skin and a very neon outfit..... Soon to be remedied. I hope to make his new outfit to where the doll will stand freely.

I remember these vinyl guys coming in these two colors, blue, green and possibly purple. Probably they all come in the same colors as the big guys. Was your big one one of the plush bodied ones?

EDIT:

After doing some research, the larger dolls were named and came in six colors. The smaller ones I dont believe were named.  I looked at their boxes and there is no lineup card for them.

The larger dolls tho, check this out... Yours woulda been Raoul. The one I have is Kato :)

Dino Brites large doll lineup by Archinto, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol yep that was him! I was thinking his name was Rapheal must have been mixing it up with TMNT.  He did have a plush body..hopefully does..he's in storage..somewhere.   I recall my mom made him a new purple outfit for a school project, I made him a "Horror" from R.L. Stine's One Day at Horrorland.

Archinto

Made him into a Horror eh? A total 180 to being the "Most Colorful and Adorable Dinosaur"...... HAHAHA

Thats awesome tho. That would be cool if you still had them.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Archinto

Thank you so much! I am glad you like my vintage dinosaurs! I just updated the topic again with more starlux dinosaurs, and also posted my Kato dino brites doll!

I've got plans for a big new post soon, so stay tuned for more updates!

Archinto

I've just added a bunch of new to me vintage Dinosaurs to the topic! In the Monochromes post I added a rare set of vending machine dinosaurs from the early 80's and a vintage Schleich Iguanadon /"Konigsaurier"I've added new figures to the SRG dinosaurs post, and also posted a slew of Starlux I got for a steal of a deal, and a Sinclair dinoland dinosaur! I'll be adding more soon, so stay tuned for updates!

geyisdihge

Hi,
Anyone interested in selling a big Dino Brite? Mainly Kato, Kate, or Alex?
Thanks. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: