News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

I'm looking forward to every new model PNSO produces.
My biggest wish though would be if these two counterparts to the "Seven little Dinosaurs"-set would ever see the light of day:

Ravonium

I'm a bit skeptical of that plesiosaurid (which I assume is Elasmosaurus), but I guess I'll have to wait for further images  :-\

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Dobber on May 04, 2019, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 04, 2019, 01:58:03 PM
That yutyrannus is getting closer. Although I doubt this is anything official.

Nice! So the unreleased theropods are Giganatosaurus, Yutyrannus (unpainted correct?), and...what is the one that looks like it is circling prey?

Also, is that an Elasamosaurus in the bottom right!?

Chris

Yangchuanosaurus vs Chungkingosaurus

Ceratosaurus

I believe the plesiosaur is just taken from a photo of a full size model from one of their exhibitions. We'll see if one is in the plans.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Renecito

I am not really into collecting small scales figures, so I would like PNSO to continue producing large models, I simply love them as much as any resin one.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

I'd sure love to see Yutyrannus, Sinotyrannus, Zhuchengtyrannus, and any other Asian tyrannosaurs at this new size category.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ceratosaurus

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 05, 2019, 05:08:58 AM
After seeing some new photos of the PNSO Ankylosaurus I confess I think it looks awesome. Still doesn't make Papo irrelevant for me. I do wish it was a little bigger though.

https://tieba.baidu.com/mo/q/album?word=pnso&tid=6121669394&template=slide_image&title=pnso甲龙,是时候来波实物图了&album_from=frs_abstract&direction=2&pic_id=&click_url=ff37bb27cffc1e1756079a784490f603728de95b&img_width=750&img_height=2000&img_quality=100

It totally made papo irrelevant  ;D

I think this line has better paint quality so far with this Anky. I hope PNSO increases their paint app quality as they go

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 05, 2019, 05:42:26 AM

I guess one has to save money somehow. I'll admit there's a few figures I bought in the past that I question now.

PhilSauria

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 04, 2019, 01:58:03 PM
That yutyrannus is getting closer. Although I doubt this is anything official.

Official or not one has to be a little optimistic given that the majority of the items on this page are either available or on the way. If that Plesiosaur (species TBC) comes out that's a must-have for me. Mind you at the moment put me down for just about any new release from this company!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 05, 2019, 05:59:59 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 05, 2019, 05:42:26 AM

I guess one has to save money somehow. I'll admit there's a few figures I bought in the past that I question now.

Regarding the Ankylosaurus, it is better designed than the Papo in terms of anatomical accuracy, and more charming than the WS. It also has better paint apps than the WS. Honestly, I would say it is the best Ankylosaurus to date. For comparison's sake, I own the Favorite, Papo and Mattel versions.

I can't comment on the Elasmosaurus but I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was released. I only have the dated Schleich version. The WS version was okay (the muddy paint apps and weird coloration ruined it for me).

We really don't have much upcoming plesiosaurid choices. There's the decent but kinda weirdly appealing Mattel version. The atrocious Scleich version which may or may not fall in the "its's so bad it's good" category. So, yes, the PNSO Elasmosaurus would be a godsend.

Ceratosaurus

In no way would I deny it's a better figure than the 2011 Papo "Ankylosaurus".  I'm talking about the comments that the new PNSO line has made Papo irrelevant as a whole...the idea is growing on me.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 05, 2019, 09:00:33 AM
In no way would I deny it's a better figure than the 2011 Papo "Ankylosaurus".  I'm talking about the comments that the new PNSO line has made Papo irrelevant as a whole...the idea is growing on me.

meh, i was being sarcastic only because i love both companies the same. That and Nanmu and W dragon as far as highly detailed and great quality goes.

i would definitely be buying an elasmosaurus from them as well. I have more hope in PNSO than Papo in the poses and species choice.

They already made 3 of the big 4 for me. Just need a Carcha which i have 90% confidence that they will make one eventually so I'd say PNSO will become my second or first biggest collection over time and over Papo currently.

Their Yutyrannus is 👌👌👌

Is it juat me or is Baidu's community a lil judgy of Vitae? I keep seeing some comments time after time that appear to bash them for lower quality or paint or whatever lol

Ceratosaurus

Vitae never really appealed to me. I don't even know what it was other than the high prices. Just the texture their sculpts had.

Oh and just wanted to mention there was no Carcha illustration in that PNSO Them Age of Dinosaurs book that I have. I think every other figure so far was depicted in that book in some way. Didn't mean to ruin your day 😁

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 04, 2019, 09:12:05 PM
I'm looking forward to every new model PNSO produces.
My biggest wish though would be if these two counterparts to the "Seven little Dinosaurs"-set would ever see the light of day:

By the way that tsintaosaurus is made of resin or PVC? The same goes for its counterpart to the Chinese dinosaur series of the package with stamps that was made years ago by PNSO. That tsintaosaurus, at least its prototype is fabulous and is one of my favorite dinosaurs but we do not yet know what material these figures will have. It is a very beautiful figure.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 05, 2019, 09:00:33 AM

LOL. Oops totally misread your comment. Yeah, I don't think it renders the Papos irrelevant. There's stylistic differences between them. Papo models have a unique sense of gnarliness  coupled with those  "shocked" candid poses. Even with the amazing PNSO Spino out in the market, I would have an incredibly difficult time choosing it over the Papo version. They (the Spinos) are almost neck-and-neck as far as my preferences are concerned. I think my overall preferences go something like this  Eofauna > PNSO > Papo = REBOR > Vitae

KeU

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 05, 2019, 10:44:19 AM
Is it just me or is Baidu's community a lil judgy of Vitae? I keep seeing some comments time after time that appear to bash them for lower quality or paint or whatever lol
Yeah, something is going on.
Some folks don't even want to mention the Vitae name. They go by "a certain brand".
Definitely unhappy customers in terms of the product quality.
I can't help but think that it is a little political as well. Considering Vitae originates from Hong Kong.

Halichoeres

That's kind of a shame about people being so down no Vitae. Some of their sculpts are mediocre (Sinraptor), but others are really nice (Chilantaisaurus, Zhejiangosaurus), and on average they've chosen more interesting, adventurous species.

On another note, I notice that the large vinyl Triceratops recently disappeared from Amazon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Vitae would be great if their figures sold at... like, half what they actually do. I have the Chilantaisaurus and Wuerhosaurus, and I think they're on par with some Safari/CollectA figures, but not superior.
It would also help if they had a wider selection by now and better distribution (although that last one might not be their fault).

Anyway, I went ahead and purchased a Megalodon, AND a Mamenchisaurus, because I want more big herbivores in my collection. Combined they cost me just over 90USD, so I'd say that was a good deal! I look forward to seeing both hopefully in the next few weeks.

KeU

Pictures of Sede have started trickling out on the Chinese forums.
Paint application seems pretty good and decently sized too.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6122246255
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6122965228

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: